Chapter 2 - The Return of The Limitless and The Best, Absolute, Perfect

I Missed You

 

"Hey Daehyun! Have you heard? You're going to have a new student tomorrow." Said Jang Dongwoo, the science teacher.
 
"I'll go ask Sunggyu-sshi about it after work. Thanks Dongwoo-ah." Daehyun responded.
 
After all of the students had already left, Daehyun went to the principal's office to ask for info.
 
Daehyun thought that Sunggyu was a spy sent by the clan to track them down. Well, except for Yong Guk, Himchan and Junhong of course. Daehyun only had to act like he didn't know.
 
He realized that the door was locked, which he didn't suspect at all. He was quite sure Sunggyu was giving info to the headquarters. He heard Sunggyu talking to one of his closest allies, Nam Woohyun. Daehyun and Woohyun were the best of friends at headquarters, so he was positive that Woohyun wouldn't let him down, especially now that he learned that Woohyun and Sunggyu were secretly dating behind HQ's back.
 
But what Daehyun heard was something more than Sunggyu and Woohyun exchanging info and cheesy lines.
 
"Moon?" Daehyun's eyes started to tear. "Could it be? He's still alive?"
 
Just then, the door opened.
 
"Jung-seonsaengnim!"
 
"Cut the crap Kim Sunggyu. What did you and Woohyun talk about?" Daehyun screamed as he grabbed Sunggyu by the collar.
 
"Let me go Daehyun. Let's go inside."
 
(Flashback)
 
Kim Sunggyu was the leader of another team, Limitless. Together with Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong, these seven guys were the ones who replaced the Super Six after their dissolution and separation from the clan. But everything changed when Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol were executed for keeping a secret affair within the clan. Jang Dongwoo went to follow Daehyun and Youngjae, and now is living in happiness with his love, Lee Howon, who became a dance instructor under the pseudonym Hoya. Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun stayed with the clan, keeping tabs on Jung Daehyun's whereabouts. Lee Sungjong on the other hand, became an actor and has won numerous awards locally and overseas.
 
However, little did they know that Myungsoo and Sungyeol were still alive; that is, until they showed up in front of Dongwoo and Hoya's doorstep.
 
Shortly after the start of their task, Sunggyu and Woohyun left the clan without any letter or other notice, but still kept tabs on Daehyun, especially after they learned that Jongup was still alive.
 
(Flashback ends here)
 
Sunggyu motioned for Daehyun to take a seat. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.
 
"Woohyun-ah. Come to my office. And bring the guys along." Sunggyu said in a sad tone.
 
A few minutes after an awkward silence between the principal and the teacher, the door opened and six guys entered. Their eyes grew when they saw a teary-eyed Daehyun sitting in front of Sunggyu.
 
Woohyun grabbed Daehyun by the sleeve and pulled him into a hug. Daehyun had never cried this strongly, and Woohyun thought that this was something new.
 
Daehyun pulled out of the hug and asked Woohyun, "Who was Sunggyu talking about?"
 
"I'm not really sure Daehyun-ah, but we believe that it could be Jongup." Woohyun answered, which only intensified Daehyun's crying.
 
Sunggyu picked up his phone again, and this time he placed his phone on conference mode.
 
"Yongguk-ah? Sunggyu here. Call your team. I know this is very sudden, but Daehyun needs you." Sunggyu said.
 
"Why? What happened?" Screamed a very curious and furious Yongguk.
 
"Calm down Yongguk-ah. Just call the rest and come to my office." Sunggyu replied in an assuring manner then hung up the phone.
 
A few minutes later....
 
"Are you sure Jongup's alive?" Exclaimed Himchan.
 
"We'll just have to see tomorrow. Daehyun-ah. Why don't you stay with me so that we can go early?" Sunggyu replied to Himchan and turned to Daehyun.
 
"How can I be sure that you won't betray Daehyun?" Yongguk asked in a suspecting manner.
 
Woohyun butted in, "Yongguk-ah. We'll take care of Daehyun. And besides, I think The Aliens have been on our backs and it's better if we were together."
 
"Okay." Yongguk ended the argument in a dumbfounded manner.
 
Sungyeol then grabbed Daehyun by the arm so that he and Myungsoo can talk privately with him.
 
"Uhm, Daehyun-ah, or should I say, Jung-seonsaengnim. I'm very sorry to have pulled you by the arm so suddenly, but can you please give us an autograph?" Sungyeol then chuckled.
 
Daehyun raised an eyebrow. "For what?"
 
"You see, ssaem, Myungsoo and I, we kinda discovered that we were having feelings for each other when you and Jongup-sshi admitted that you were together." Sungyeol confessed.
 
"Sure Sungyeol-ah." Daehyun took the paper and signed it. "To Sungyeol. Never ever think about what everyone says as long as what you're happy." Daehyun read his message out loud and ended the note with the smiley face.
 
"Sungyeol-ah. Just call me Daehyun-ah outside class. You're older than I am." Daehyun laughed as he handed Sungyeol the piece of paper with his signature on it.
 
"Yay thanks Daehyun-ah!" Sungyeol screamed as skipped through the hellways with Myungsoo. Daehyun let out a smile as he watched the couple stroll down the halls and exit the school premises.
 
A few hours later, at the Kim-Nam residence....
 
"Been a long time since we last spoke." Woohyun said as they were eating dinner. "Yeah. Been a really long time now. But anyway, I missed you so much, Woohyun-ah." Daehyun said in a compassionate way. "Of course, you too Daehyun-ah. I really felt sad when you left. But anyway, I would do that too if I would lose Sunggyu." Woohyun then smiled at his partner.
 
"Not to intrude Woohyun, but how did you manage to snag your long-time crush?" Sunggyu stopped eating and looked at his lover upon hearing his friend's question. Woohyun was blushing.
 
"It actually happened when the old man wanted to keep track of you. There was a time when we became honest to each other due to boredom. That's when I realized, he actually felt the same way all along. So, we quit without telling the old man about it, because we feared that we would lose each other, just like how you lost Jongup." Woohyun held his head down and dropped some tears.
 
"What about Myungsoo and Sungyeol? Weren't they executed together?" Asked Daehyun. "Well, that is what we believe. But it turns out they actually left into the forest after the others left their slashed bodies on the ground. Sungyeol was vey good in plant medicines, so it was no surprise to us that he was very good in using what he could find in the forest. They lived for about three months there, then they traveled until they got to the city two months later. They actually found out Dongwoo and Hoya's address because they started to study at the school. I actually never realized it was them, until they came to Dongwoo's house and the crazy one called us up." Sunggyu narrated. "Sunggyu-ah! You left out the hilarious part about Sungyeol and Myungsoo's first time! They actually did it in the forest and Sungyeol was the one on top!" Woohyun added. "Woohyun-ah! We're eating!" Sunggyu nagged.
 
When they finished eating, Woohyun and Sunggyu went over to their shared room and Daehyun slept over at Woohyun's old room, which was obvious because of all the girl group posters there.
 
As Daehyun was lying in his bed, he was very deep in thought. What if it wasn't Jongup? What if Jongup wasn't really alive? All the what if questions had clouded his mind; that is, after some minutes, some sounds can be heard from the other room.
 
"Guys! If you wanna just keep quiet! I'm trying to sleep here." He screamed as he repeatedly slammed on the wall.