Chapter 12 - Family history

I Missed You
"I am your father." Daehyun froze.
 
"What?" Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows.
 
Master Shin motioned for everyone in the room to leave, including the newly-reunited Byunghun and Chanhee.
 
Master Shin pulled out a table from the side. He then took out the boiling kettle from the side of the altar along with two teacups. He then poured out his favorite Chamomile tea and gave one to Daehyun.
 
"This is going to be a long story." Master Shin sighed.
 
"My real name isn't Shin Yoo Hyun. It's Lee Donghae."
 
"What? And what does it have to do with my identity?" Daehyun grunted.
 
"I was the heir apparent of Master Shin Won Ho." Donghae started. "I was trained to be the best in my craft, like you these past few years."
 
"We had a big fight with the clan of Kim Tae Woo, which was led by his son, Kim Heechul. It was big and bloody, nothing like the fights that we had before."
 
"But before that fight, Heechul was my best friend. We would meet secretly by the forest at the bottom of the mountain. Master disapproved of my friendship with Heechul, but I had become really stubborn."
 
"One time, Heechul and I met and that time, he brought his best friend. Her name was Jung Sooyeon. I instantly fell in love with her. Because we were from rival clans, we dated secretly. I felt the distance between me and Heechul grow bigger every single day, until one day he decided to end our long friendship. I didn't know why, but I'm still wondering up to this day."
 
"Sooyeon hid in Seoul. She became known as a fashion designer named Jessica. But before she escaped, she became pregnant with you. The news of her identity and her pregnancy reached Heechul and he had ordered to kill her and you. She hid here, in this same room and gave birth to you. She died after you were born." Donghae cried and went closer to Daehyun to cup his face with his right hand.
 
"Your mother was very beautiful and she had a really nice voice." Donghae sniffled and his tears kept flowing.
 
Daehyun cried and sat behind his father and gave him a back hug. "Appa." This made Donghae break down and completely lose his control over his emotions.
 
Donghae faced his son. "I'm sorry, son." He kissed his son's forehead. "I know this has been hard for you. But I want you to be happy with Jongup. If he makes you happy, then I won't interfere anymore. I was blinded by the thought that I might lose you. Joonyoung had told me not to make things worse. I didn't listen. I ended up hurting you. Can I make it up to you, son?" Donghae cried as he wiped his son's tears.
 
"I learned to forgive, appa. I now understand why you did that. I know that mom is looking down on us. I love you appa." Daehyun said as he hugged his father and gave him a kiss on his forehead.
 
"Ouch! Byunghun stop hitting me! Can't you see I'm listening to them! It's so touching!" Sungyeol gasped as he realized that he was shouting through the door. Father and son looked at each other and laughed at Sungyeol's childishness.
 
"Sungyeol-ah! Call the teams! This calls for a celebration." Donghae stifled a laugh as he held Daehyun by the shoulders and walked out of the prayer room.
 
But what they didn't see was a flash of white light that came after they left. A woman dressed in white spoke.
 
"Donghae-ah, I'm happy that you're reunited with our son. I hope he knows how many days you only have left. But I love you, Donghae-ah. And I'm always here."