Idea

Now Hiring: CEO.

 

Idea

____________________________

Kai P.O.V

I walked down the empty street, hands in my pocket heading straight for the hospital; an everyday destination of mine. I tried not to think too deeply about the reason I was headed there, but my thought won out over my will. I sighed at the thought of Kyungin laying motionless in a hospital bed, the cardiac monitor being held as a steady 'beep' 'beep' by her heart. Her hair grows longer, her nails grow, she grew, but not once has her eyelids fluttered open, not once have I heard her laugh and her yelling "Yah! Kkamjong, quit being dumb!" She had not woken since the accident two years ago, but I had hope. To me, she was considered lucky. Doctors told me that she should be dead, her chest was crushed by the steering wheel, and her head smashed into the glass. The couple that she colided with both passed away within hours of the accident. I didn't know the people. I never really asked because I was hysterical, but these days I've been wondering more and more about the couple. Every time I did thoughts popped into my head. Did hey have children? How are they dealing with the death? And a question that bugged me from the beginning, who caused the accident? Nobody knew. No cameras, no witnesses, no victims either, just a whole bunch of guesses. I walked into the familiar doors of the hospital, the front desk lady, Misun smiled at me "Hi, Jongin." 

Most people here knew my name, I was here everyday anyway. I walked into the elevator, hands still in my pocket. The doors seemed like forever before they began to close. As it was closing a girl shouted "WAIT, WAIT!!~ OUAHH!" She stuck her arm int othe closing doors to stop them and jumped in the elevator. Her face was covered in persperation and she breathed heavily "Mianhae." She had long blondish hair that she brushed out of her eyes many times, her cheks were pink and rosy. She sursed her full lips and fiddled with her hands. She suddenly turned to me "So, why are you here?"

I almost smiled at her innocent face, and how she didn't have a clue she was being sort of rude "My sister." 

She nodded as if understanding "I'm here for my friend, that pabo fell and fractured her wrist." She said the last part almost to herself. She turned, humming to herself but I couldn't seen to take my eyes off of her. It was as if half of her concious mind was out the door, she didn't seem present in the way most people did. She was staring right at a poster on the wall of the elevator. It was an advertisment for some brand name store. A tall girl with a gorgeous face sat in a chair, legs crossed gazing seductivly into the camera. "Sora, look at you, you're everywhere." The girl spoke to nobody in paticular, still staring at the picture.

She turned to me, he reyes shining "Do you know Sora?"

I shook my head "Anio, should I?"

She grinned "Nope."

Suddenly out of nowhere she laughed "Aigoo, I imagine she won't be doing any modeling like that anytime soon."

She bit her lip "I'm being rude, aren't I? Sorry."

I shook my head "No it's fine, but do you know her?"

She just smiled "Sometimes."

"AHH. This elevator ride is taking FOREVER." She complained shaking her shoulders.

"It's an old hospital." I said quietly.

The elevator doors opened at my stop and as I was getting out she pulled on my collar agressivly "I DIDN'T MEAN TO CHOKE YOU BUT WHAT'S YOUR NAME."

I cracked a smile at her awkward physique, "Kin JongIn. But you can call me Kai." She released my collar and smiled 

The doors began to close and a panic look crossed her face as she shouted "I'm Kim Yoora!"

The doors closed, but she stayed on my mind constantly as I walked to my sisters room.  chuckled to myself probably looking like a maniac thinking about her erratic, but cute behavior.

 

Sora P.O.V

I grumbled to myself, staring angrily at my hand wraped in a light blue cast. I can't believe I fractured my wrist. in such a rediculous way.

*Flashback*

The auditions had ended and we'd agreed on the top 5. I streched as I looked out of the large bay window overlooking the nightlife of Seoul. I walked toward the stairs, not looking. I didn't even get to fall down the stairs before I placed my foot on the ground. I felt my heel snap in half causing me to tumble to the ground, mere centimeters from the stairs. I in a sharp intake of breath as I tried to prop myself up on a wrist already beginning to swell.

"OMO! ARE YOU ALRIGHT, MISS?" A male voice shouted.

*End of flashback*

I took a sharp breath,  I couldn't even have the privelage to at least be able to tell people I fell down te stairs. But no, I would tell them I fell in heels, how classy.

Yoora came bouncing into the room "Unnie! I'm acceptionally happy right now!"

I tilted my head "I fracture my ankle and you're happy?"

She rolled her eyes "You'll be fine, you've always been tought. But I just saw the best looking guy on earth!"

I snickered "Every good looking guy you see is 'the best looking guy on Earth.' " 

She pouted "I'm serious this time! He was so hot! Aigoo," She smacked her forehead blushing "I babbled like an idiot in the elevator."

I laughed imagining the poor guy backed up into a corner while Yoora talked up a storm into his face. She blushed severly "Don't make fun of me!"

I chuckled "I'm leaving ths hospital." A sudden cloud of emotion burst. I saw the familiar baby blue walls. I saw a gurny that made me dry heave, even the plasticy latex  smell was familiar. I wasn't able to hear Yoora call out my name as I dropped to my knees. Every hospital sound of beeping and assorted voices was blocked out as memories came rushing at me like a river.

I was deep into my own thoughts while Yoora looked around worried as If she was missing something. Her eyes suddenly went wide. "How could I not have known?!"

She stood me up, for I wasn't even sure if my body was going to function. She wrapped an arm around me and led me out silently. My legs were jello, my heart was pounding and I couldn't breath well. I would like to think that I'm over these, I got them a lot in my high school years. When I was surprised or drealing with greif or anxiety I have panic attacks that just bring me to my knees. I can't function. I can't speak. I can't listen or hear well. Just thinking about them brings terrible memories.

*Flashback*

I sat quietly in the classroom, as usual I was first. It wasn't like I had any alternatives, what would I be doing? Where would I go? I didn't have friends or even a companion. I'm mute anyway, who want's to be friends with a mute? Nobody in this cruel school, that's for sure. I thought back to just this morning.

"Hey, looks like the freak is here!" Shouted Nara.

Her friend Yoo Ara landed her large eyes on me and scoffed "You're talking so loud."

It was a common joke. People always passed me in the hall, bumping shoulders with me and yelling "Quiet down will you? You're so noisy!"

I hated it. I clenched my fist and walked quicker. Her other friend Alice grabbed my shoulders ad gave me a gruff shove into a locker "Where you going? You don't want to hang out today?"

"Omo! She's angry!" Another member of their clique, Yoonjo pointed to my clenched fist.

Nara came into my face "Aww, is she angry? Hit me, it's okay. I dare you."

I kept my fist at my side, not saying anything. She slapped me lightly "See? She's afraid, as if this mute freak would actually do anything to me."

If you knew who I was you'd be kissing my feet right now, Nara.

Nobody knew me, my real name, my parents, or how filthy rich I was. My parents had advised me to hide it from other kids for my own protection.

I lay my head into my arms on the cold desk, tears slowly falling out of my eyes. Nara would never go away. I just knew it, even when I got older a new person to take Nara's place would appear and I would never escape this labyrinth of suffering. I pulled my hair in frustration, fat, hot tears falling. I heard indistinct voices coming from outside the room, aproaching fast. For once I didn't care, I just cried my pain out. The door was pushed open and out of all voices I could head I heard his. Zhang Yizing. My heart stopped as I sat frozen in the dark corner of the room. I looked up and my blood ran cold. Wrapped up into one, Nara was in his arms, their faces nuzzled into a kiss. My heart shattered, my one-sided love, broke. I didn't feel myself fall to the ground. I didn't see them pull apart and rush over to me. I couldn't hear his indistinct, panicked voice. All I saw was Nara's sly smirk, and her pretend help. It felt as if my throat was swelling to the size of a watermellon. My body gave up on me and I was just a concious mind in a useless pile. My concious mind was letting me have it , 'What he hell are you doing? Get up! NOW!' My body ignored my mind. I opened my mouth to form some sort of speech. Distorted sounds came out. I realized my throat was underused from not talking for so long. My eyes slowly grew heavy until Lay's face turned into nothing but a blurr and I lost conciousness.

*End of flashback*

In the process of thinking Yoora had somehow dragged my limp body into the backseat of her Luxurious Maserati Granturismo S sports car. She sat at the drivers seat, head on the steering wheel. My heart rate was evening out and my legs were no longer jello, but felt like lead. I sat up "I'm sorry Yoora."

She looked at me with red-rimmed eyes "Wae? Why are you sorry? I brought you here and I- I forgot! How could I forget?! This is all my fault!"

She put her head back down as her shoulders rolled with sobs "They were my parents too! How could I forget? I'm a terrible person!"

I her back "Yoora. You're an amazing person, don't blame yourself for a second. I forgot too. And you didn't have a choice, bringing me to the hospital with a broken wrist. This was the nearest hospital, don't worry. I'm feeling better now."

She raised her head gently "R-really?" I patted her head "Yes, dongsaeng. Now let me drive, I just got my wrist fixed, I don't want you to kill me because you're crying."

She chuckled and swiched seats with me "Araso, unnie.

As I drove back to the company Yoora suddenly jumped up "THATS RIGHT!"

I jumped in surprise "Are you trying to kill me?! You scared the living crap out of me!"

She ignored me "I just remembered, you fired oppa, right??!!"

I rolled my eyes "Yes. I did, wae?"

She slapped my shoulder repeatedly "How could you do that to your own brother? Huh?"

"Yah! Quit hitting me you maniac! He deserved it!" I defended

She slapped me again and I smacked her hand away "THAT HURTS!"

"Deerved it? You fired him because you got mad at each other?! Why are you two idiots so impulsive? Unnie, you know he wants that company REALLY badly!" She complained

"Oh? He wants it really badly? Then I guess I have no choice then to give it to him, since he wants it SOO badly." I said sarcastically

"UNNIE! I'm serious!" She shook her body

I rolled my eyes again "Then he should learn respect and quit being a . Just because he wants something doesn't mean I'm oblidged to give it to him. He's a man child, I'm just trying to get him to grow up a little."

She shook my seat "Grow up? How can he when he's out of a job?!"

"Why are you standing up for him? Omma and Appa asked me to take care of the company, and if the CEO isn't one I'll like, I'll fire him or her. I'm not going to let him drive this company into the ground just because he's my brother, that would be very biased and immature of me." I stated.

She curled her lips "Do you really think so?"

I smiled and ruffled her hair "Yes."

"Then are you taking over the company now?" She said, curiously.

"Oh, God no. You already know what I want  to be." I smiled thinking of dancing, the rush it gave me, the smile it put on my face.

"Then what are you going to do? If you're not taking over the company, who will?" She asked

I suddenly froze. I had never thought that far, nor had I expected my dongsaeng to bring it up. "I-I don't know."

She poked my head "You're so impulsive. You didn't even think this over?"

I shook my head, shamefully "No."

She rolled her eyes playfully, "If only you could just pick someone, like you do for the idol auditions."

Suddenly an Idea popped into my head, I smiled "I could, couldn't I?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned "What are you thinking in that crazy head of yours? I was kidding."

I grinned knowingly as the idea got bigger and bigger, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense "No! That's an amazing idea! I should just hold auditions for it! I have a good eye for that type of stuff."

fell open "You've got to be kidding. That's an awful idea, that's why I was joking! How in the world could you hold auditions for being a CEOSora, try to make a little sense here! This is a serious job, it's not anything like choosing an idol! These people need credentials, a certain look, personality, and they need to be people friendly! Sora, snap out of it!"

Her attempts at trying to slow my mind just fueled my idea "Yoora, I undertand they need all that stuff! But if I met with all of them personally, wouldn't I get to know them a little? I'm good at reading people, Yoora! I can do this, I've done it all my life! Anyway, what else would I do? How else would I find a CEO?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose "You're really insane sometimes, how are you the older one?"

I smiled and jumped a little in my seat "Yoora, you have to help me. Please? I can't do this whole thing by myself!"

She stared at me, "Fine, fine, I'll help you. Not because I approve, but because I want to be there when this fails miserably. Also, Sora did you ever think of exactly how you're going to get these canidates? Or how you'll check their credentials? What if some of them have criminal reacords? Or what if-" 

I cut her off "Calm down, Yoora. I'll ask for ID, and resumes and all that other stuff. Just try to understand."\

She sighed heavily "Ok. I'll be there for you. But how in the world are we supposed to get the word out about your little 'auditions?'"

I smiled mescheviousley "Same way I get the word out about our company's auditions. The media."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Mian! I haven't updated in a while! I was a little preocupied with my other fanfics, but I'll update more often!

I hope you enjoyed this chappie, look forward to the next one ;D