Unpleasant Surprises.

Now Hiring: CEO.

 

 

Unpleasent Surprises.

_________________________________

 

2 years earlier.

 

Sweat dripped down my forhead as I moved to the beat in the mirrored room. I watched myself move a little impressed with how I've improved, I readied myself for the ending. Suddeny my phone rang loudly, the song TVXQ: Mirotic clashing with the beat that I was dancing to. I kept on going and ignored the first ring. Then it rung a second time, somehow sounding more urgent. I ignored it again and waited for the message. A frantic message suddenly sounded.

"Sora? Is that you? Please pick up your phone, an urgent matter just popped up!" The voice of my parents frantic assistant sounded.

I got worried and picked up my phone "Hello, what's so urgent?"

His voice yelled loudly "YOUR PARENTS HAVE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT! SORA COME TO SEOUL NATIONAL HOSPITAL, NOW!"

The blood drained from my face "W-what?"

My hands shook slightly, I quickly dropped the phone and ran. I reached outside soon. The cold almost stopped me dead in my tracks. My outfit consisted of black shorts and a black tank top, a very inapropriate outfit for the dead of winter. I ignored the cold.

I realized I didn't have the car today. I cursed myself for insisting on not taking it with me this morning, but the hospital wasnt far from here.

I got many stares, I ignored them all and sprinted, my heart beating from running and from the news I just recived. 

I reached the hospital and entered the oversized lobby, the receptionist looked at me with wide eyes, I nearly yelled "Where are my parents?"

The lady stared at me like I was insane "Look miss-"

I cut her off "What room are Mr. and Mrs. Park in, they were In an accident!"

I felt the tears dripping down my cheeks. She had the look of an epiphany on her face "OH! I'm so sorry Miss Sora! I'll take you to your parents now!"

Every second seemes endless as she walked me to a room with double doors. I ran in not waiting for her. I stopped cold. I saw my parents laying there, surrounded by at least a dozen doctors and surgeons. They were bloodied and severly injured. I found mself bawling. Although my parents and I argued a lot and got into fights I still loved them and treasured them like anybody else. A nurse came up behind me and patted my back "I'm so sorry Miss Park, but there's really no hope for them. I'm afraid they have but minuites to live, you can say your goodbyes here."

With that the doctors filed out, all looking dejected and failed.

I kneeld at their bedside crying "Omma, appa.."

My mothers shaking hand reached down to my face, she smiled lightly, but even that little action looked like it caused a whole world of pain "I didn't expect it to end like this..." She paused slowly in a heavy breath "But I want you to know that I love you and your brother, and I want you to take care.. Although we forced a lot of things upon you, we just want the best for you.."

My father continued for her, his voice scratchy and rugged "Darling, I love you, but you need to take care of the company."

My head snapped up "Even at a time like this? You still care only about the compan-"

My appa cut me off "Look. I know it looks like we don't care about you, that we only love the company, but you have to understand what it took to build that company up."

My mother continued, her voice weak "Sweetie, please... Promise you wont let it fail.... Even if you give it ahe way, you have to promise to take care of it.."

Tears spilled out as I wrapped my pinky with my mothers "Ok.. I promise Omma, appa."

Both my parents smiled at the cealing. The beating slowed on both of their heart monitors until it receeded into a slow, continuous beep. 

I promise.

_______________________________________

I sat in class, taking notes, listening intently becuase even missing one word could ruin the whole paper. The teacher was talking about the principled of investment banking. The topic was so dry and boring It was a chalange to keep my eyes open.

Suddenly my phone vibrated urgently in my pocket. I had to rip my eyes away from the board for mere seconds to turn throw it into my bag, sitting on the marble floor.

The phone continued to ring the entire hour. After class I was sligtly irritated and I looked at the 25 messages from my friend Luhan.

Message #1: KAI PICK UP YOUR PHONE NOW.

Message #2: KAI SERIOUSLEY, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.

I began to worry, I imidiatley called Luhan back. He picked up "NOW YOU PICK UP?!"

I sighed "Luhan, what is it?"

Luhan scoffed over the phone "Don't sound so exasperated, if I didn't call you, nobody would have."

I felt myself smile "Ok, what's the emergency? I have class soon."

Luhans voice quivered "Kai, I don't mean to worry you or take you focus off what you have to do.... But your sister... She's really sick... Like REALLY sick."

My blood turned cold "What?"

Luhan sounded like he was crying "Kai, I just wanted to tell you. But don't come here. I know you and I know what you're thinking. But Kai, you have an obligation right now. She might get better. It's okay."

I was still in shock, but he was right, I was going to drop everything and leave. But what really hit e upside the head was that he said 'Might.' She might get better.

Optomistic Luhan coldnt even fully assure me that she would get better. I dropped the phone and ran. 

I ran and ran, I jumped in a taxi cab and once I reached the airport I bought a ticked and got on the plance not looking back once as O got on the one way plane to Seoul, South Korea.

I didn't sleep for a single minuite during the 14 hours and 35 minuite plane ride. I was anxious and worried off my mind. My eye bags were heavy as I dragged my body off the plane, flagged down another cab and went to the hospital closest to my hometown.

I realized that I left my cell phone right where  dropped it so I couldn't call Luhan, and all I had was 10$.

I paid the taxi driver and got off hoping that this was the right hspital because I couldn't really afford another one.

I ran to the receptionist, nervousness seeping into my voice "Excuse me, but is there a paitent with the name of "Kim Kyungin in this hospital?"

My hands couldnt help but shake as she checked her computer, she looked up at me and smiled "Why, yes there is." She chuckled a bit and continued "You're lucky that there's only one Kim Kyungin in the hospital today, unless I would have to ask for a description."

I tried to feign a smile, but it must have come off looking plain, because she stoped laughing and said "Her room number is 244 on the 3rd floor."

Suddenly an inapropriatley dressed girl burst through the door, looking hysterical. She was wearing shorts and a tank top. It was winter. Even I was cold in just my black and grey sweatshirt, she must be frostbitten.

She was making a scene, I rolled my eyes, then remembered what I came for. I clicked on the elevator button over 5 times, my paitence wearing down thin. I ran to the stairwell. I sighed as I sprinted my way up 3 flights of stairs. I was out of breath once I reached the top, but my nerves were hightened. I ran down the hallway counting down the numbers. 240, 241, 242, 243, 244.

I gingerly opened the door. The blood drained from my face as the scene unfolded before me. My youngest sister, only 13. Tubes conncted to her every side. Luhan laying before her bed, asleep.

I sat at the chair beside her. She was asleep also. I felt hot tears running down my face, I knew I shouldn't have left. This is my fault.

I kneeled and put my head on her bed, I promise. I'll help you get better. I'll never leave again.

I promise.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

How was the first chapter? :D It's short and i'm sorry I didn't post it earlier :/

I have sports after school and I didn't have time D: But i'll try to update more often ;D Comment and subscribe :D

Also, thank you for being my first 5 subscribers, readers, and veiwers :D Yup, I'm talking about you!

tumblr_lgjkc2o6T31qamok5.gif