Orange Note

The Real Story ••• [HIATUS]

So many colors.
They hunt me down.
They made me realize.

 

Standing in front of my new class, I felt like my eyes deceived me. All the students were staring a me. I felt it, yet the only thing I saw was colors. Every color from my dream, they all adorned their faces.


/ / / / / / / / / /

A girl called by the name of Amber Liu. Amber Josephine Liu. She was a transfer student from America. And this was her first school day. The time to make a first impression. A good one, a bad one? That was for her to decide. I already know what happened, and it's for you to find out now. Be patient and try to focus. There is more to her story than it seems to be.

/ / / / / / / / / /


10 colors. I counted 10 different colors. Every has it's own meaning, it's own definition. Some I could make out the instant I saw the person wearing it, others I had to find out yet. It's quite funny how every color is at least twice seen in this room, yet no one is blue. No one I could trust, no one loyal no one with beauty that swept me of my feet, but still manages to fright me. There are also three colors, white, black and gray, all alone, only once in this room. My teacher, Mrs. Kwon, she was yellow. An optimistic and cheerful person with slight impatience. She looked at me with a big smile, eyes sparkling as she introduced me to the class. And then there was this impatient beast hiding inside her. Though she smiled and had a bright appearance, her foot tapping the floor in a fast motion and her crossed arms around her chest showed her true nature. But I understand her. She assigned me a seat next to an orange dude. I stood in front of the class for a few minutes, seemingly everlasting to them, and far to short for me, staring at everyone, trying to identify all the students, and after I finally occupied my sear, Mrs. Kwon sighed in relief. A true yellow.

 

The person next to me, he could be optimistic or pessimistic. Two totally different personae, still orange holds those two meanings in it. But to be honest, I wasn't interested in that guy at all. The three lonely colors seemed to wake my interest more.

 

Gray, a color with many quite similar meanings, and this guy showed a bit of all of them. A few, boredom and neutral, were bigger displayed than the others. Though it was quite obvious to me why. Behind this bored expression of his was a lonely, sad, depressed human being. Why though? Why was he destined to be gray and hide all of this inside? Or better question. Why did he hide behind the neutral emotion? He could show the world how he feels, how sad he is, how he longs to feel better, to know how it is to feel happy just ones. Why did he chose to hide? Does he feel secure behind his mask? Is gray protecting him from something? I wanted to find out more about him. A plan, that was doomed to fail miserably.

 

Black, an unknown, secretive color. It represented that guy perfectly, fit him like nothing else ever could. If the color wasn't already painted in his face, I would have still known and seen it. Black hair, black clothes, black shoes, and what I guessed to be true, black soul. His face hung low, giving all his attention to something written on his desk. I couldn't see what it was, but it sure had to be more interesting than what Mrs. Kwon was talking about. He truly was a mysterious guy. I bet some were scared of him. I wasn't. I had no reason to be. He wasn't scary, he was just a poor soul, lost somewhere in all his misery. And I knew I had to find out what happened, why he was black.

 

White, pure, perfection, innocence. Or how I like to define a person graced with the purity of white, fake. No one, and I was sure of it, no one can be white. It's almost like blue. Too perfect, too beautiful, too unstained to be true. It's not possible. Everyone has done something that colored our beings. I never believed in god, in angels, but if they did exist not even them would be white. There's no exception, everyone has done something bad ones. Then why was he white? His outer appearance sure matched his color. He seemed so pure and innocent. Like no one would ever harm him, everyone loved him and he never goes out of the house without a smile. Is this color, like gray and black too, trying to protect this boy? Protect him from this gruesome world? Or protect him from himself? I was destined to find out about him too.

 

While I was lost in my thoughts about those three oh so seemingly different boys, I didn't realize that class was over until the teacher called my name, pulling me out from my thoughts. She smiled at me and said I should get going so I wouldn't miss my next class before she went out. I bet she didn't know that I saw her rolling her eyes. Such an impatient woman. I was about to stand up when I saw a folded piece of paper on my desk. I picked it up and unfolded it, seeing something orange written on it. If I wouldn't have known it better, I guessed it was from the guy next to me. Don't let them get to your head. Forget about them and let them in their misery. After those words was a smile smiley drawn. So he really is an pessimistic optimist. Or an optimistic pessimist. Might sound like the same thing, but believe me those two are different as night and day. I put the paper in my bag and went to my next class. As if fate really existed, which I again didn't believe in, the only empty seat was next to orange. He smiled at me and waved, telling me to sit next to him. Tch. As if I had an other option. I sat down and he smiled at me as if he hadn't written that note earlier. What did it mean anyways? Did he know I thought about black, white and gray? How could he know that? It's impossible. I wasn't interested in him before, but I had to find out more about him too. He knew something, more than he was supposed to. Black, white, gray and orange. I had to investigate them, one way or another.