Prologue

The Real Story ••• [HIATUS]

As I sat there, a cigarette in one hand, beer can in the other, I thought about everything I could have done differently, I could have done right. But I didn't do the right things back then, I had the chance to, but I didn't take it. It would have been to hard anyways, yet so easy. Just one 'no' could have changed everything and I wouldn't have to do what I'm about to. But I said 'yes'. I took the easy way out, without knowing the consequences and that it was actually the hard way, the way that made me do everything I've done, I did.

 

'The sea reflects the blue of the sky.'

 

That's what I thought as I looked up into the blue sky. No clouds in sight. A big wide area above me, all blue. Blue, the color of sorrow and depression. Blue, the color that represent how I feel at the moment.

 

'The blue reflection is the sea of the sky.'

 

That's what I thought as I looked down. I never liked the sea. What color would it have if there was no sky? If there was nothing the big deep sea could reflect? Would it be black? Would it be transparent? I never liked the sea, and there's a reason for it.

 

'The sea of the sky cries blue tears.'

 

That's what I thought as I saw a few of my own tears drip down into the sea. I'm not sure if it even reached the surface of the blue reflection. I'm to far away from it, and my tears are too small.

 

I took anther drag from my cigarette, there isn't much left. I don't know why I picked up the habit of inhaling and exhaling this poison, but it makes me feel free, even if it's only for seconds. The feeling of being free, completely free, I miss it. Before I took the last drag of my cigarette and throwing it down into sea, letting it sink who knows ho deep, I gulped down what was left in my beer can. Beer. Another thing I don't really understand. Why did I start? I always opposed the idea of alcohol. But still, here I was, poisoning my body. Though it doesn't matter anymore. No more harm can come across me. I will be free again.

 

'Among those blue tears, the tiny bird flies.'

 

That was my last though. My last thought before I jumped down the cliff into the wide blue reflection.