Don't leave me the love of my life

Please give me one more day..

 

Life had not been as happy as this time….

 

For the next two months they spent their days together, inseparable. Kikwang moved in with Dongwoon and quit all of his part time jobs. He just wanted to spend days with Dongwoon as much as he could, before he was taken from him. They went to the sea, mountain, amusement park, even places they had never gone before. Dongwoon was never as happy as that moment in his life. They did not mention a single thing about the disease, afraid to ruin the mood. However, they both got nervous as three months getting closer.

On one beautiful day, they went picnic to the park while watching the blooming cherry blossoms. There were not many people in the park since it was the end of the season and the weather was a little bit cold. Dongwoon put his head on Kiwang’s lap while the older man feed the sandwich to him. They were talking about their first meet when suddenly Dongwoon stopped talking. His head hurt very bad. It felt like it was split into two.

 

Don’t let me leave your side…

 

“Hyung…” He said while holding his head. The day that he most afraid of had come. Kikwang realized what happened and panicked. “Are you okay? Let’s go to the hospital,” he suggested. “No, just a little while... Let me lay down in your lap for a little while,” Dongwoon insisted. He could not think straight when it felt there were thousands nails pierced unto his head. All that he knew was he still wanted to breathe in Kikwang’s scent before it was replaced by hospital’s scent. He was then passed out because of the pain.

Kikwang was so scared seeing his lover in pain. He wished he was the one that felt the pain instead. He quickly brought Dongwoon to the emergency room. He was waiting for the doctor to come out from the room when Dongwoon’s parents came. He saw Dongwoon’s mother cried and his father looked so disheveled. He quickly approached them and gave Dongwoon’s mother a hug, explaining the sudden attack on Dongwoon, and leaving the details about their date since his parents did not know about their relationship. They only knew that he was just Dongwoon’s best friend since middle school.

Not long after, the doctor came out from the emergency room. Dongwoon’s parents quickly approached the doctor and asked about their son’s condition. “I’m sorry.. There’s nothing we could do. His cancer has spread to another part of the body. We could only expect the worst,” the doctor said with some sympathy showed on his face. Upon hearing the news, Kikwang felt like crying so much. Quietly, he went to the restroom and let his heart out there. He was not ready yet. He was not ready to lose the love of his life. “Woonnie… Please don’t leave me… I don’t know how I would continue living if I don’t have you by my side…” Kikwang cried and cried until his tears could not come out anymore. 

After he felt calmer, he went to Dongwoon’s room and saw his mother held her son’s hand while crying. His father was nowhere to be found; probably he went to talk with the doctor. He approached Dongwoon’s mother slowly, and touched her shoulder. “Please don’t be too sad. He is a strong man. He will wake up shortly,” he said, more to console himself. The cry of his mother turned to sob. Kikwang hugged her, comforting her; even though he was the one who need comfort the most.

“How long… How long have you known about his illness?” His mother asked in between her sobs. Kikwang froze. Did his mother not know about the illness?

 

 ###

Update is here!! Thanks for reading and subscribing ^__^

Sorry if the picture came out too big, I don't know how to resize it. Prolly someone could show me how to make it smaller?

How was it? Was it good/bad? As always, comments are welcome XD