Please give me one more day

Please give me one more day..

 

 

The days went by so quickly when I’m with you…

The next morning, Kikwang was woken up by Dongwoon’s kiss. He felt that day was the most perfect day of his life. He liked lying in Dongwoon’s arm all day, accompanied by Dongwoon’s small kisses on his face.

“Morning, Wonnie,” Kikwang said sleepily. “Morning, babe. You look so beautiful today,” Dongwoon replied teasingly. Kikwang blushed so hard hearing Dongwoon’s words. After a long time he spent together with Dongwoon, Kikwang still couldn’t get used to Dongwoon’s sweet words.

“What are we gonna do today?” Kikwang asked covering his blushed. Dongwoon thought for a while, then his eyes shone when he thought of something interesting they could do. “I know!!” He suddenly said, making Kikwang jumped a little. “Why don’t we go walk in the park behind the hospital?” He said excitedly. Kikwang was also excited hearing Dongwoon’s idea. It had been a long time since they spent their time together outside the hospital. He quickly asked a wheelchair from the nurse and pushed Dongwoon to the park.

The park was so beautiful, the sakura was blooming, and the petals were falling like snow. There were not a lot of people in the park, only a few doctors having their lunch. They walked around until they found a secluded spot far away from people. Dongwoon got off from the wheelchair and sat under the tree with Kikwang beside him. They talked a lot, laughed a lot, kissed a lot, and snuggled under the tree. Unwittingly, the activity became routine to them. They did it almost every day for a few weeks. They became closer and closer each day they spent together. That made them more and more unwilling to be separated when the time came.

 

I give my piece of my heart to you every day until there is none left…

 

It was already past three months since Dongwoon got his diagnostic. His condition became weaker each day, until one day, the doctor did not allow him to go outside anymore because he was too weak. Kikwang became more and more afraid to lose Dongwoon. He couldn’t bear to live without his beloved. In his fear and despair, Kikwang remembered the forgotten rose he made when Dongwoon was unconscious.

He started to make the rose again, remembering each day he spent with Dongwoon. This time, Dongwoon saw the roses Kikwang made. He often joined Kikwang in reminiscing about their past. They were on their 2255th rose, Kikwang said with teary eyes, “This day was the day when you told me about the cancer. Do you know how my heart hurt so much that day? It felt like a thousand needles pierced through my heart. I love you so much. Why God is so cruel to give us this misery? I want to be with you always. I couldn’t imagine how to live without you.”

In hearing Kikwang’s confession, Dongwoon’s heart broke to pieces. He couldn’t bear to hurt his lover, especially made him cry like that. Dongwoon held Kikwang’s hand to his own and made circle to it. “I know it hurts so much for us to be separated. Remember that I will always love you, even though I’m not here anymore. Promise me, that you have to be happy even without me by your side. Find someone that is healthy, that loves you as much as I do, and always be with you to protect you. I will always be watching you from above. If you miss me, just look at these roses. It symbolizes our days together, but you have to remember, don’t look at them for too long, please continue with your life. There are a lot of things waiting for you in the future.”

By then, Kikwang was crying so hard. He did not want to face the reality. He hugged Dongwoon while sobbing, “Wonnie, please don’t say like that. You will be cured, you will be with me again like before, we will never be separated.” Dongwoon didn’t say anything for he knew that he wouldn’t be able to be together with Kikwang for a long time anymore. Instead, he just hugged his crybaby until the sobbing stopped.

The next day, Dongwoon condition got worse. All of his families came to see him for the last time. Kikwang was waiting outside the room and making the roses. When he was making the last rose, the rose for that day, Dongwoon’s mother called him, saying that Dongwoon wanted to talk to him. Kikwang quickly went in while the other gave them some privacy. Dongwoon’s body was so cold as his soul was leaving him. Kikwang couldn’t hold his tears while he kept holding Dongwoon’s hand.

“Kwangie, please don’t let other calls you by that name. I’m the only one who can call you Kwangie. Please remember our promise. I love you always,” Dongwoon said in his very weak voice.

“Promise… I promise, Wonnie. Please don’t leave me alone. I don’t know what to do without you. You must not leave me… Please…” Kikwang begged and cried, but Dongwoon only smiled and said, “Please kiss me for the last time.” Kikwang obediently agreed and kissed Dongwoon. While he was kissing Dongwoon, the machine was beeping so hard, and Dongwoon’s lips turned so cold, indicating that Dongwoon had left from this world, leaving Kikwang alone to keep his promise.

###

Sorry for the long update.. Finally it's finished!! Now I can concentrate to my new story..

The ending was sad, I know. But I planned it from the start, so sorry I couldn't give you guys happy ending ^^

For the subscribers, thank you for your patience waiting for the updates... Finally, thank you for all of the readers and the commenters also... 

You all give me motivation to update the story...