I Miss You

Please give me one more day..

 

“How long… How long have you known about his illness?” His mother asked in between her sobs. Kikwang froze. Did his mother not know about the illness?

 

 

I would miss you so much….

“Two months...” Kikwang trailed off. Dongwoon’s mother looked so shock, sadness appeared in her eyes. “Why… why he didn’t tell me?” She spoke to herself. Nevertheless, Kikwang answered her, “Probably he did not want to make you worry about him,” he said. Silence enveloped them for a good while she tried to digest Kikwang’s words. After she reached an understanding, she requested, “Kikwang-ah, you have spent the last two months with him. Can I now spend the rest with him? You can visit him once in a while, but I am the one who want to be there for him every time. Is that okay with you? I know I will miss him so much when he’s gone.” She started crying again.

Kikwang was speechless to hear her request. On one side, he understood that she wanted to spend the remaining of Dongwoon’s time and created last memories of mother and son. But in the other hand, he was not ready to give up seeing Dongwoon every day. He did not want to disturb the mother and son with his visiting every day, but he knew he could not survive without seeing Dongwoon every minute, every hour, afraid that Dongwoon could be taken from him at anytime. Of course he could not tell her that he was Dongwoon’s lover. He left that part to Dongwoon to tell her, if he was ever awaked. He hated himself to be pessimistic, but he could not hope too much then.

“Kikwang-ah…” Dongwoon’s mother whispered, startled him from his thinking. “I know it will be hard for you. Especially that you two are best friends, but please understand for this one time only. You can visit him more often when he wakes up,” she pleaded, still crying. Kikwang, who was a soft person, did not have a heart to reject her. He nodded slowly, crying inside, and murmured, “Okay, I will not disturb you two, but I will visit twice in a week at least.” Dongwoon’s mother smiled in her tears, “Thank you, Kikwang-ah. It means a lot to me.” Kikwang then hugged her before finally left the hospital with his heart scattered to pieces.

 

I could not take you out of my mind even for a minute…

Kikwang went back to the house he and Dongwoon shared for the last two months only to be reminded to all of the memories shared between both of them inside the house. He kept missing Dongwoon even though it was not even a day pass by. He tried to watch a TV only to find Dongwoon’s favorite movie was on. He tried to look for the food in the refrigerator only to find Dongwoon's favorite food. He tried to sleep only to inhale Dongwoon's scent. All of the little things in the house reminds him of his beloved who laid in hospital bed who he couldn't see everyday, and who he missed so bad even when he didn't see him only for one hour. He was afraid to lose Dongwoon while he was not there to see him for the last time. As the result, he stayed wide awake late at night and cried his heart out.

In order to distract his mind from thinking about Dongwoon, he decided to make paper roses while reminiscing about the days he spent together since their first meeting. It has been six years since their first meeting in their eighth grade. He remembered every day he spent with Dongwoon like it was yesterday. He made one rose for each day he had spent with Dongwoon. He only stopped to eat and sleep for a while. He kept making and making the roses until he couldn't feel anything. When he was making the 1496th rose, the day when Dongwoon confessed to him, the phone rang. He looked at the caller id and found out that Dongwoon's mother from the hospital called him...

####

Updaaaatteess!! Sorry it takes a long time for me to update.. I was busy with graduation and stuff..

Anyway, I'm not happy with this chapter. It's so boring and depressing, but I think we'll get to the interesting part soon enough.. 

If you are curious, this is the rose that Kikwang made: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/109/9/9/Origami_Rose_by_Rikku_Cin.jpg

Finally, I just wanna say thank you for the subscribers.. Please wait for another update soon!! Comments are always welcomed ^__^