The habit stays

Finding forgotten love through flashback

The ride home was nice. Sunggyu was doing all the talking during the ride. It was comfortable. Weird how you can get comfortable with him easily after waking up with empty memory. Maybe it’s the natural response from the heart and brain. They make your body trust him, make you know that he’s no liar or stranger. He’s just someone unintendedly and temporarily erased from your memory.

His buys an apartment. His house is so big that I think I can have badminton match in his living room. So spacious. The arrangement of the furniture and the interior design make you feel so at home, warming your heart. Your room, so blue. The wall paint colour and almost everything in the room is blue in colour. Sunggyu says that it’s your favourite colour. Even the bathroom wall also painted with sky blue colour. That night, Sunggyu oppa lend you his oversize t shirt and a pajama trousers to wear. He promised you to take you out to buy clothing tomorrow.

After taking a bath, you dry yourself and put on his clothing on you without wearing any undergarment since the only undergarment you have is the one you wear in the hospital. Before going to sleep, you wash your undergarment in the bathroom and hang it under the fan in the room so that you will be able to wear it the next morning.

<*****>

“You’re not working today?” You ask him after getting out from your room. You are wearing one of his oversized shirt once again. But this time his shirt is long enough that it hang before reaching the knee length.

He gently transferred the omelet into the plate and look up to you. “Nope.” He smiled to you. “Seems like my shirt fits you just fine.” He continued setting up the table. “The workplace will be okay without me, I can ensure you that. Come, breakfast ready. After this we can go out.”

You take a seat across him. He put some vegetables into your rice bowl. You spooned the rice with some vegetables, omelet and meat and eat all of it in one feed. Flavors exploded in your mouth as you chew everything together. Simple dishes but taste heavenly.

“How? Is it okay?” Sunggyu wait for your respond.

It tastes nice, but…. You forcefully swallow the food and smile at him. “It’s delicious, you’re one good cooker.”

Before taking in another spoon of food, you take out every single sliced onion in the omelet. He chuckled at your behavior. “You never change. Even when you can’t remember anything, at least your habits stay. Always taking out the onion exists in every dish.”

“I did?” You looked down at your rice. “Is it weird for me to do that?”

Sunggu shakes his head. “No, it’s not. It just to me it’s amusing.”

Both of you continue to eat comfortably. With you continue picking out the onion from the omelet and with him keeps putting some dish in your rice bowl.

He makes you wear his long coat that reach to your knees on top of the shirt and a pair of socks that can cover up to your knees. He wants to make sure you wear warmly due to the cold weather. He then slowly put on a beanie over your bandaged head to cover the exposed bald. “Jaa, you’re ready. Let’s go.”

He takes you to a shopping mall. Went into some boutique, buy dresses for events, casual cloth, home wear and for sleep wear.  He waited outside one of a boutique when a salesperson helps you buying the undergarment only to come in again, blushing to pay for it. You just smirked at his embarrassment.

“Jae.” He called you.

“Hmm.”

“I thought about buying some food, the fridge at the house nearly empty. Are you still okay? If you’re tired, its fine, we can just go home. I’ll buy it later.”

“I’m okay. I still have enough energy for that.”

“You sure?” He looks at you with worried expression.

“Yes. Let’s go.”

He filled the shopping cart with food. Fruit, mushroom and other vegetables, dried seaweed, fresh fish, chicken meat, fresh juice, milk , instant noodles and many more. As both of you were shopping, you get to taste some food on promotion. Sunggyu oppa was away to get oil and sugar while you stay with the shopping cart. You pushed the shopping cart slowly when a lady from another tasting booth stop you and offer you some of her company product.

Seafood balls. Beautifully arranged on the tray. You eat a piece using a small skewer prepared by the promoter. A piece cannot satisfy your taste bud.  You take another one. And when it was about to enter your mouth, Sunggyu oppa stopped you.


i can eat onion, but i have a little sister that hates everytime i put onion in the instant noodle i cooked for her.