Wedding Bells

Replacement

[Church]

The day after the rehearsal, it was already the wedding day. The church was primped for the grand day, and so are all the guests. Seunghyun had arrived early as he needed to teach Bom what she had to do.

 

Waiting with the other guests, he then finally sees his partner. Bom was wearing a teal one-shouldered dress, that reached up to knees. And her hair was naturally let down, elegantly framing her face and shoulders "You look great!"

"Well you're looking very handsome." she hid her blush as she let herself glance at his tux that's paired up with a dark gray blazer. "You're going to teach me what I'm suppose to do right?" he lead her towards the church and told her the basics of the maid of honor's role. In minutes they were done.

 

"Seunghyun can I check on Dara for a bit?"

"Ah yeah sure." He knew that she still hadn't talked to any of her friends after their fight. He then let her go, and watched her head to the bride's room.


[Dara's dressing room]

"Bommie I don't know if I want to get to married." Dara then started fanning herself. Bom asked her why. "I-I...It's getting too fast. And I dunno, just too soon I guess." Dara took a swig from her bottled water before sitting down on a chair. "And things are going wrong in the wedding! I'm scared that it's a sign that we're not meant to be."

Bom patted her on the shoulder, sympathizing with her friend. "Don't worry. I'll get you out of here."

 

[Outside of Dara's dressing room]

Bom knocked on the door "Hide inside. Hurry!". When Dara went out of her room, she saw her friend with the moving tray that had the wedding cake on top. Bom flipped a part of the white linen a top the tray. "Hide here." Then Dara did as she was told. Feeling confident in her plan, she then started pushing the tray to the hall that leads straight to the parking lot.

"What are you doing?" Seunghyun went to check on the girls. And seeing that Bom was doing something odd, he followed her.

"Nothing. Nothing at all" she tried not to look too jittery. "Dara asked me to bring this back to the bakery."

"I can see Dara's dress underneath the tray." A sudden "eep" confirmed his assumption, as the lady underneath did grab her visible dress and bring hide it better inside the curtained. Knowing what their plan was he gripped the opposite side of the tray. "Bom, this isn't right. They belong with each other." Bom gripped harder on the handle of the moving tray.

"Get out of the way. She wants to get out of here." A tug of war started to happen between the two, it was even leading them to fight near the stairs leading downwards to the reception area, where the guests were to wait. At one point, Bom had pushed too hard that both let go of the tray, "Oh no!" And the tray rushed downward, and stopped once it had hit the end of the buffet table. A portion of the four-layered wedding cake toppled over Dara as she tried to exit the tray.

 

"Dara are you okay?" Jiyong helped her out of her predicament.

"I don't want to marry you anymore!" Dara screamed at the top of her lungs. A lot of murmurs started to happen around the four of them.

"Oh not this again." Jiyong grumbled. "Stop being difficult."

"I mean it this time!" Dara then started stomping on the cake that was on the floor, and even scattering what's left on the tray. Jiyong looked at her with a mix of dissapointment and disbelief. "Yeah well maybe you should have asked Sohee to marry you instead." A lot of gasps came from the onlookers. Both Seunghyun and Bom had joined everyone downstairs by that time.

"You're ex?!" Bom remembered the name. "You idiot!" Bom then threw the closest piece of cake near her and threw it at Jiyong.

"Wae?!" Jiyong looked crossed at Bom for his outfit. "I didn't know Dara that well, at that time." he then threw back the cake that was on him to Bom. "And besides, he introduced me to her." Jiyong pointed at his best man.

Dara then poured over the contents of the punch bowl on Seunghyun. "Thanks a lot friend." he said monotonously as the bowl still stayed atop his head. "I only did that, because you had a crush on noona!" That vague answer caused a misunderstanding to Dara. Looking hurt, Bom then went over to Dara to talk to her to reassure her that what Jiyong and Bom had was very platonic and nothing more than that.

"You alien! Look what you did. Now she thinks I still like Bom. I never liked the Moomin puffy lady." Though Seunghyun was about to apologize to his friend, he didn't like the way he talked about the girl that he liked.

"Well I like her a lot!" The two men then ended up fighting on the floor while accidentally causing some of the other food on the buffet table to fall on them.

"You like her enough to let this happen?" he taunted his hyung, and Jiyong then poured gravy on him.

"Yeah! And maybe even more." He then pushed his friend back, causing him to fall back on the cake.

"FOOD FIGHT!" eventually the invited kids, thought that it was a fun game too, and extended the food fight to the rest of the people.

 

"Bom, let's go..." Dara had given up on the wedding, but Bom knew that her heart was still set on Jiyong. So even she hesitated in leading her friend out of the place. "Let's go..." Dara then faced her friend her friend towards the exit, and started trying lead her out too.

"I'LL LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHO GETS IN THE WAY!!!" Jiyong yelled out. His loud outburst caused everybody to stop what they're doing. "So don't let a petty thing like this get in your way." Dara looked at him in shock.Within the silence, Bom plucked off the cake that was on her and looked straight at Dara.

 

"Dara. There's no need to be afraid." she held the smaller girl's arm then brought her closer to Jiyong. "It's just Jiyong." Dara's eyes started to water. "And he loves you, that's all you'll ever need to be together."

"Hey!" Seunghyun called out to Jiyong in a hushed voice. He then handed him the nuptial rings. The groom thanked his friend.

"We're still getting married right?" Jiyong asked Dara. She nodded as she embraced the man she loved.

 

"Is the wedding still going to happen?" the priest's scared voice interjected behind an upturned table.

 

[Outside of the church]

Jiyong and Dara decided to marry on the spot instead of the church area. And then, reception was cancelled tonight then moved tomorrow, and right now the two were just having a romantic dance in the caked and messy hall. Bom had sneaked off again, and Seunghyun was able to find her at the same place, but this time she looked very content.

"That was an interesting wedding." Seunghyun sat beside the messy brunette.

"At least it wasn't boring." Bom looked happy, despite almost getting what she wanted in the first place. "I think I can let go of them now." Bom realized that the two really did want to be together, and her being in the way was down-right mean and selfish.

"That's good to know." Seunghyun then told her out of the blue. "Jiyong said that we would be a good match."

Bom then backhanded Seunghyun. "No way I'm letting myself get married to an alien."

"Well I'd want to marry an alien." he leaned his head on her, and she let him. Then seconds later, a thought hit her.

"Yah! are you calling me an alien!" Seunghyun laughed harder. "You are calling me an alien." she pouted at him.

"I'm sorry. I really thought that you wouldn't get it." he tried to stop himself from laughing.

"You said you wouldn't make fun of me!" Seunghyun then laughed harder anyway.

"I'm trying not to laugh."

"Grrr...I'll stop you're laughing!" Bom then pulled him to her, causing their lips to brush.

"That works." Seunghyun murmured while his lips was on hers. The two then continued to kiss.

And will kiss once again in front of an open garden with their many loved ones looking at them. And at their vows - thanking their friends on finding a great replacement for Bom.

THE END