Rehearsal pains

Replacement

[Seunghyun's room]

After a whole day of going around jeju with Bom, he was ready to crash his bed. Unitl Jiyong decided to check up on his friend through the phone.

"Hey man how was your date with Bom noona?"

"It was great. We ate at a restaurant first, then we got to stroll at the beach." he rambled on about the little things she does. "Her smile and laugh is just the

"Doesn't she sound perfect for you? Maybe you and her will be the next to get married."

"Shut up man!" he pretended to sound mad, then laughed along with his friend. He then inquired about how Jiyong's day with Dara was like.

"Uhm...nothing to worry about."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, now get back to sleep. You need to wake up early tomorrow." The boys cut their coversation short. And Seunghyun then took his friend's advice, as he was looking forward to seeing the corn-loving noona.


[Church]

On the next day, it was the rehearsal for the wedding. Seunghyun had still woken up late, but gladly he didn't have to groom too much, as it would just be a casual rehearsal. When he got inside the church, the wedding planners had already lined up the people.He then stood beside the familiar brunette. She wasn't minding him too much, as she seemed to be looking for her bestfriends.

"Alright Park Bom-sshi and Choi Seunghyun-sshi, the two of you will walk-" a loud yell came from one of the rooms nearby, followed by another voice yelling back. Then from the back, Bom could hear Jiyong's mom talk to one of the other aunties.

"I heard them arguing twice today."

"Over what?"

"Oh little things. Like, if the band will be at the reception on time, and if the flower arrangements will match with the bridesmaids." Bom had heard enough, and was about to head over to Jiyong and Dara. But the wedding planner kept insisting that they continue on with the rehearsal.

"I want to talk to the bride and groom." Bom told the lady with as much authority as she can muster.

"I'm sorry miss, but Dara-sshi told me that they didn't want to be interrupted, and that we concentrate on rehearsing." the lady responded quite timidly. She bit her lip, knowing that she really wouldn't want to cause more problems for the wedding planner.

Then when she wasn't looking, she whispered to her partner "Seunghyun, cover for me." she didn't even wait for a reply. She sneaked right through the noisy room.

 

[Room]

The room was still reverberating with the couple's yelling.

"There won't be a problem with it. You have to trust me on that."

"A lot can happen. And what about the Begonias? There's only three colors, I asked for four!" Dara was wiping the sweat off her face, as she recounted more things that needed fixing.

"The color isn't much of a problem." Jiyong was getting tired of their fight

"But! Still!"

"Ssantoki. Jiyong." Bom called out to the two. They only acknowledged her for a second, then went back to their arguement. "Hey! Maybe I can help." The two drowned out her voice. "Yah I want to help the two of you!" she raised her voice.

"We're still getting married! Okay!" the two wedded-to-be yelled at her in unison, then ignored her once more. She got hurt that her two bestfriends had shut her out, she then ran out of the room.


The sudden bang sound that the door made everyone look at the maid-of-honor.

"Move!" with a stern glance, the wedding planner didn't take another step toward her. With her heels angrily clacking on the marble tiles, she stomped off, even pushing some of the people who got in her way.

"Ah Min-young-sshi let's just continue with the rehearsal. Don't worry about the maid of honor, I'll fill her in on all the details." Seunghyun told the planner.

 

The rehearsal continued smoothly. Even Jiyong and Dara seemed less aggravated with each other during the practice. Seunghyun eventually sneaked out himself, when it seemed that his part wouldn't be needed anymore.


[Back of the Church]

As Seunghyun knew that she wouldn't be able to walk all the way to her hotel room. So he then followed some footprints, that he presumed to be Bom's. And, he saw the hooded Bom hugging her legs as she sat at the stoop of the church.

"Hey that wasn't really necessary what you did a while ago."

"I know!" she yelled out frustratedly. He then opened his arms wide to encase the still angered maid of honor. "They were fighting in there! How can they even be so sure that they'll have a happy married life together." When her ranting ceased Seunghyun sat beside her and started patting her back.

"What happened in there?"

"They were arguing and arguing and arguing!" she was huffing in anger. "And I wanted to help them, but they just ignored me."

"They're just getting nervous." still hearing the way she breathed. "And so are you." She then pulled herself away a bit, staring him straight at his eyes. He felt his heart beat faster, and he was focusing too much on her lips.

"Are you psychic?" in Seunghyun's head he wanted face palm himself and laugh at how a romantic scene was crushed by that one line. She then repeated her question, and by that time he just had to laugh. "What's so funny?!" she sounded annoyed. The two then parted, as she lightly hit his head with her purse.

"Noona I don't know if you could read the atmosphere at all." Bom still seemed annoyed as the younger man was obviously enjoying taunting her.

"Thanks for trying to comfort me."she drawled out, as she was going to once leave her again.

"Noona, I'm just teasing." she told him it wasn't fun anymore. "Alright. No more teasing. But you shouldn't tease me too." He then had a hand on her shoulder, and the other cupping the side of her face. Then, without hesitation, initiated the delayed kiss. Bom's lips were tense, but eventually softened up and leaned in to the kiss.

/I thought we would end up friends...but with what's happening now, they clearly can't be friends, but this kiss feels right./

 

When they finally stopped for air, an awkward yet comfortable silence gripped them. Bom felt that she got too carried away with their kiss and couldn't show her redenning cheeks. And Seunghyun felt happy and accomplished.

"Do you even remember why you're outside here right now?"

"What?" she seemed lost. "Why?" forgetting that she was furious over what happened in the church, Seunghyun was happy to know that he killed two birds with one stone. He laughed a bit.

"Noona, it's time to bring you back to your room." The two then held hands as they walked to Seunghyun's car. She felt missplaced once he let go of her hand.

"Hey are you hungry?" she asked before he could open his car.

"Hmmm...I could go for barbeque. You know a place?"

"Well I know that it's just a walking distance from here." she then boldly went over to him and tightly clutched his hand, as they went off to another destination.


Sorry for not updating this for a really really long time x_x. I was actually thinking of not continuing this, but I'd feel really bad for starting something I couldn't finish.

But anyways going back to the story, the next chapter will be the last one for Replacement. ^_^ I will finish this, promise!