Plane ride

Replacement

[Seoul airport]

Bom's sister was to drop her off at the airport. All through out the trip she wore a very stern face, even their conversations seem ladden with annoyance.

"Aigoo I could just be staying at work."

"Hey remember that you're their friend first, and bakery owner second." Bom's sister reminded her. "Now get out of the car before the plane leaves you." she teased as Bom dragged her suitcase out.

"Bommiieee!!!" Bom then finally cracked a smile once she saw Dara happily waving towards her. "Why didn't you reply sooner?"

"Oh you know how difficult it is for me to see you guys go."

"But it's not like we'll be gone forever." The two then walked side by side until they saw the soon-to-be-groom and his bestman.

 

"It's you again." Bom said flatly, her annoyed look hidden in her shades. Jiyong then tried to alleviate the odd tension.

"I see you haven't formally met each other." Jiyong then started to push his favorite noona closer to his childhood friend.

"You made him yell outside my home at the middle of the night." she murmured loud enough for both her friends to hear. But Jiyong just let that detail pass him.

"Park Bom noona meet Choi Seunghyun. Hyung this is Park Bom." The two were hesitant to shake hands but did so anyway. Once done Bom hurriedly walked over to the next area.

"Bom-yang is being difficult now." Jiyong said outloud. To which was an automatic que for Dara to rush to her side once again.

"She seems like she's always difficult." Jiyong then glared at him. "It's just an opinion."

"Hyung she's really a great person."

"Fine. Fine. I'll take your word on it." he then started moon walking backwards to the next area.

"You'll get a long fine, ya alien."

 

[Plane]

"Why can't I sit with you?" Bom complained to Dara when she found out that she and Seunghyun was to sit behind Dara and Jiyong.

"I want to be able to spend time with Jiyongie." she put on an her patented aegyo plead.

"But you already live with him." but  Bom eventually gave up with a loud sigh.

"Bom-yang stop glaring." Jiyong warned, as he knew her well enough. Bom did stop glaring, but she still retaliated by kicking the back of his seat. On the inside, Seunghyun was enjoying watching Bom getting riled up. During the whole plane ride and to the trip to the wedding venue the two never directly talked to each other.

 

[Jeju Villas and Resort]

Jiyong drove the four of them towards the Kwon resort.

"Here is my family's resort. Cool huh?"

"Omo it's so beautiful. You're parents must be taking real good care of this place. We should visit the local shops first! Oh and then go to the barbeque stall I saw nearby. Then we could go swimming to that cove where you caught that turtle."Dara then went on and on about what places they could visit. The couple then acted as if Seunghyun and Bom weren't there, and started walking away from them.

"So..." Seunghyun asked awkwardly.

"I know what they're trying to do. Let's just go to that restaurant." He then obediently followed her.

 

"You just need to buy more flour then...Yes we can still afford to hire more workers for the shop...You can tell them to start working on the basic machines next week...We can make more corn bread?" Seunghyun allowed her to handle her business on her phone, while he ate. When she was done, he bluntly told her.

"You know you could have just said that you didn't like me." Bom felt a little embarassed.

"It's not that. I just don't like the fact that they're using you to replace them."

"I see that you're really attached to your friends." Bom just stared at him as if to say 'isn't that obvious'. "What do like most about them?"

"Jiyong is a great buddy, he's a source of courage for me. He taught me how to stand up for myself, and when he's around I just feel safe. As for Dara, she taught me that there are people out there who are like a real embodiment of a sunshine" Talking about them made her imagine them fondly. "And its a bonus that they can be cute sometimes."

"I can be cute too." he then opened his eyes wide and started blinking his eyes rapidly. "I remember seeing Dara-sshi doing this often." Bom tried hard not to her laughs. "And well its easy to be Jiyong." He then scruffed up his hair and started using whatever items he could look like accessories to his clothes. "Sup is yo' GD in the house!" He was gaining a lot of attention from the other diners, but it was worth it if it meant that his companion was enjoying a good laugh.

"So you and Jiyong were friends before he started rapping?" She then eventually let her guard down, and started trying to know Seunghyun better.