Chapter 6

Mirotic

 

Don't murder me!!!!!! I have finally returned to you all after.....I believe, almost a year of a proper update. I may not be in the best writing mode, so I apologise if this long awaited chapter does not meet your standards, but I do hope to do better >.<

The hiatus was uncalled for, I know that, but my organisation level in terms of writing has slipped massively (not to mention I've picked up my dancing again, so I focus on that a lot) and I've started multiple new fics which I shouldn't have, but I have come back! So, fingers crossed you guys enjoy this

 

-----
 

 

Micky didn’t find it fair at all. He didn’t understand it at all. Why was he even here and how did a place like this even exist without being noticed by outside parties? He couldn’t tell if was suffering through the most confusing dream he had ever experienced or if he was dabbling in magic now. But such a thing didn’t exist in this world.

Right?

His palms and knuckles were already sore from bashing on the unyielding glass of the cage that held him and he was now thankful for the new shirt that he was wearing. He was surprised that hypothermia had not yet set in as he began trying to create patterns with his foggy breath. Micky couldn’t see anything beyond the perimeters of the glass but something told him that the others were not here with him and that they wouldn’t know where he was.

Heck, even he didn’t know. He didn’t know if this was still a part of the maze, or a completely different location. The only person who would be able to give him any sort of answer would be Eun Ra but he wasn’t sure that he wanted the answers any more.

Junsu’s accusations finally made sense to him. He should have known better than to just trust a random individual to guide him through a maze, he should have searched for his own way out, or at least kept that rake with him as a weapon and this may never have happened, he might have been able to find the others and get them to safety.

Micky slumped to the floor of his glass cage, wrapping his arms around himself as both a comforting action and a necessity to keep away the chill that surrounded him.

 

“…hyeolgwaneul tago heureuneun sueok gae eui na-ye crystal…”

 

Micky’s head snapped up in an instant. It had been a ghostly voice, a little voice on the non-existent wind, but he had heard it. And he didn’t know whether it was a voice he wanted to hear.

 

“sarangeun mweoda?

 

He searched desperately around the cage, trying to see out of the fogged walls but he could see nothing. Micky pressed his palms and his face against every corner, every surface but still he could see nothing and the cage didn’t yield to his touch.

 

“sarangeun mweoda?”

 

“I don’t know!!” Micky shouted. He had stood up now and angrily beat against the glass once more. “If this is your idea of love it is VERY one sided!”

 

“mweoda!

 

The voice didn’t sound ghost-like anymore, in fact it sounded very clear, as though Eun Ra was standing right behind Micky. Instinct made him spin on his heel but all that Micky saw was the fogged glass encasing him.

“Look up stupid.”

Sure enough, sprawled over the top the case was Eun Ra smirking down at him, her black hair loosely restrained in a bun from which a few strands were escaping. Her outfit seemed too extravagant Micky thought as Eun Ra began idly tracing patterns above him, her red and white dress hanging over the edges of the glass like a magician’s cloth.

“What are you?” Micky felt it was only right to begin with an obvious question; no niceties.

“Tsk, where did your manners go?”

“I dunno, you might have belted them out of me with that shovel you had.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Eun Ra continued her tracing.

“Look, your innocent little act won’t work on me anymore. You’re not who you say you are, if you were, you be freaking out over this just like I am. So, no, I think you do know what I’m talking about.”

Eun Ra’s face looked almost sympathetic “Aww, are you scared?” She dragged her hand into a claw, being sure to drag her nails across the surface of the glass, an action that had Micky strangely gripping at his chest as though Eun Ra had his heart in an ice cold grip.

“What the hell was that for?!” Micky lashed out sharply punched the roof of the cage. Eun Ra jumped off immediately, floating backward in a cloud of red and white fabric and lightly landing on the ground some feet away.

“I could ask you the same thing. But for medical purposes I’d advise against breaking your wrists on that, we don’t exactly have a first aid crew here.”

“And where exactly is here?” Micky asked nursing his sore hand. “I want answers and I want them now. Who are you? What is this place? And importantly, where are the others?”

“Oh,” Eun Ra was smirking again “They’re not in any immediate danger. And they won’t be, granted that they play correctly. You however,” she took a few steps forward again. “I can’t say the same for you.”

“What do you mean?” Micky had nowhere to retreat.

“Well to be honest, I don’t really care about you.” Eun Ra shrugged. “Simple as that really, soooo, if you begin to bore me, well, I can’t be responsible for whatever slow, painful death you endure.”

“Look, can you just be straight with me?” Micky was getting desperate. “I just wanna know where the hell I am.”

“Oh but I’m more of a suspense person, I like to draw these things out as long~” Eun Ra began trailing a finger upward in the air and Micky felt an icy trail going up his windpipe, freezing his breath and making him splutter “~as possible….and then…just when people can’t take it anymore…I let it out.” Eun Ra flicked her finger and Micky was left choking on water that hadn’t been there a second ago. His captor merely watched in amusement as he retched and spluttered in his cell, finally getting his breath back before turning around to face Eun Ra with a gaze full of hate.

“Alright, I don’t know how you did that, but you win this round. If I shut up will you tell me everything?”

“What do I get in return?” Eun Ra closed the last few steps and rested her hands on the glass in alignment with Micky’s on the inside.

“You get nothing.”

“Tsk, that’s not very fair.”

“If you humour me, you may get something.” Micky conceded. “Probably just a violent reaction but at least it’s something.”

Eun Ra kept quiet for a moment, contemplating the situation before her, chewing on her lip thoughtfully. Micky didn’t notice the glint of cunning that flashed in her eye as she realised the situation could be to her benefit.

“Alright, I’ll be fair. But only this once. You get to ask me five questions, once I have given you my five answers, don’t expect anything more from me.” Eun Ra took a step back and stood waiting for Micky’s answer.

“Deal.”

 

-----

 

Changmin floated lazily around his immense pool with no concept of time or placement. One would’ve thought that by now he would be well and truly bored but not so, his mind was as active as ever trying to recall every little detail of the days beforehand and wondering about Eun Ra. He didn’t understand why Junsu was jumping to conclusions; she seemed like a perfectly welcoming and concerned person when they were at her house. He wondered if perhaps she was caught up in this whole debacle as well and suddenly felt guilty for running away from the house without at least mentioning to her that he was going for help.

He couldn’t remember a thing between the time that he left the house and when he woke up in this strange maze. Sure, his throbbing headache meant that something must have happened, but Changmin was drawing a blank every time he tried to remember. The most he had remembered was a flash of moonlight, the crunching of leaves as someone had crept up behind him, but anything more than that was locked away from him.

Changmin did find it hard to think whilst constantly lying down in a seemingly bottomless pool of water, but he couldn’t tread water for a lengthy period of time and strangely the side of the pool became incredibly slippery and unable to grasp if he dared to hold on for too long – either that or his numb fingers were giving up on him. Waving his arms as though making a snow angel, Changmin hummed a few notes of “Heart, Mind and Soul” before kicking out strongly and, taking a deep breath, submerged himself. This was slightly more comforting than being above the water, he let himself drift and fall slowly among the darkness, allowing the water to carry his weight. Brushing his floating fringe back with both hands he tentatively opened his eyes and glanced up to the surface above him…

And almost swallowed water again as he saw an image above him. An image of Micky in a cage of glass, with a red and white figure before him with its back to Changmin. Hurrying back to the surface so as not to swallow another burning lungful of water, Changmin scrabbled for the side of the pool, wiping water from his face as he went and scanning the room around him frantically for any sign of the two persons he had just seen, he even checked on the ceiling, just to make sure he wasn’t going crazy.

But there was no one there, he hauled himself up as far as the pool would allow seeing if the image was still floating on the surface of the water but it too had disappeared and Changmin sunk back down confused.

“Am I going crazy?” Changmin whispered to himself.

 

-----

 

Micky had picked his five questions carefully in his mind and was sure that he would get every answer that he needed from this shifty Eun Ra character. The real question was which one to ask first?

“I’m waiting.” Eun Ra tapped her bare foot on the ground.

“What are you?”

“I am human, just as you are. Next question.”

“Hey what? No. You didn’t answer that!” Micky pointed accusingly at Eun Ra who pretended to look shocked.

“I’m pretty sure that I did. You asked ‘what am I’, clearly meaning that you are curious as to what species I am, and so I answered. I am human.”

“No you’re –” Micky broke off and agitatedly ran a hand through his hair. He realised he had wasted his first question. This girl wasn’t going to make it easy to interrogate her so he had to be specific in the questions that he asked. “Okay fine, so you are human, but clearly a human different to us. I’ll…I’ll let that one go for now.” He took a deep breath to steady himself.

“Where exactly are the other four members of my group being restrained?”

Eun Ra let out a slight laugh and answered with a smile on her face. “They are all being restrained within this maze. Since you requested their exact positioning, I’ll be fair and answer you that. One is to your north-west restrained by a substance as clear as your own restraints, one is to your east restrained by that which could cause damage should it deflect from your restraints, one is to your south restrained by something that could wrap your restraints up like a present, and one is to your north restrained by a material that could transport your own restraints.”

Micky just stood there as Eun Ra finished his speech, this interrogation was not easy at all, and he felt as though he was just being given more riddles than he had started with.

“Too much for you to process? Your brain still alive in there?” Eun Ra snapped her fingers and Micky quickly shook himself back to the present, determined to get at least one straight and detailed answer out of Eun Ra.

“I’m fine. Let’s move on.” Micky tapped his thumbs together contemplating how to word his third question. “My friend, Junsu, one of the people you are holding here, had a theory that he tried to present to all of us, a theory that I started to believe.”

“Do tell.”

“He believed there was an order to the way that we were all injured and ended up in your company. You’ve attacked Jaejoong and Yunho in such a way that they are unsuspecting of you and both believe that you have good intentions – I’m under the assumption they still think this, something is telling me that they don’t know you are here. Changmin you attempted to befriend because he seems the most likely to agree with you, therefore he won’t question you either. Well, at least until he starts thinking madly as he does and pieces everything together. But Junsu and I just seemed like dead weight –”

Eun Ra sniggered.

“– so you merely got rid of us not caring about the result and now we are all here and you’ve either come to me or Junsu first to flaunt your plan in our faces while leaving the others in the dark. I am going to say that this is correct but now ask you, why?”

“Oh, you are SO clever,” Eun Ra applauded slowly. “Wise use of that question as well. Yes, I tried to make a friend of the young one, he just seemed so naïve and easy to manipulate -”

“Wow you REALLY don’t know him do you?” Micky laughed before the saliva in his mouth was frozen solid, leaving him unable to speak.

“Shush.” Eun Ra reprimanded. “He probably won’t remember anything, but again, you’re right, I haven’t spoken to him yet, he’ll get such a wonderful surprise when I suddenly visit. But he’ll enjoy it, I’m sure he will.” A sly look didn’t go unnoticed by Micky this time. “As for the first two, they’re the ones I’m really interested in, it will certainly make things fun around here and who knows, if everything goes according to plan then…there will literally be dead weight here, if you get my drift.” Eun Ra fixed Micky with a piercing gaze.

“And what is your plan?” Micky blurted out the fourth question before he could help himself.

“My plan? It’s quite simple, win over the heart of one of you and then he’ll be with me forever and DBSK will be no more. I’d rather it not be you or Junsu, you never really interested me. Jaejoong however, wow,” Eun Ra’s eyes glazed over in adoration. “And I reckon I could make Yunho pretty jealous through all of this, it’s just a matter of who wants me first I guess. Changmin, we can just throw him in for a bit of fun. But what I could do…Finally, after all these years, listening to all these y and whining school-girls about how much they love their oppas and would do anything for them, and I beat them all to it and they will never know.” Eun Ra trailed off in a crazed whisper, her eyes wide with excitement and – in Micky’s mind – insanity. Micky stood there in horror taking all of this in.

Over the years he had seen many an eager fan, and indeed crazed fans who would follow them and invade their privacy and go to incredible lengths to either adore or abuse them – he shuddered as he recalled Yunho’s poisoning – but he never thought something as strange as this could happen. He couldn’t begin to make head or tail of it.

“Are you insane?!” Micky didn’t even realise he had used his last question as he slammed a fist against the glass again. “What the hell makes you think that someone as…as…loopy as you would be able to win over any of us? You can’t force the matter you delusional girl, just let us out of this weird- place and go get help!”

“But I don’t need help,” Eun Ra came close to the glass, her eyes shining. “I can do this all by myself, I’m different, I’m special and one of you will see me that way, and you’ll love me and we’ll be together always.”

“You can’t do that! Don’t you understand this? No one would ever like you like this! You’re insane! You’re…” Micky’s voice trailed off as he suddenly felt drawn to Eun Ra, he didn’t know why or how this was possible, but he leaned closer to the glass, not noticing the intense, hungry gaze on Eun Ra’s face and the raised hand that was manipulating him.

“I can do whatever I want,” Eun Ra breathed, in a tone that to anyone in their right mind would seem freakish, but Micky didn’t notice. “And I can make each of you do whatever you want. And as soon as any of you say that you love me with your whole heart…you are mine. We will be together.” Eun Ra’s overjoyed expression slipped slowly from her face replaced by a look of digust.

“But not you.” Releasing her hold on Micky, she flung him hard into the opposite corner of his cage and he cried out as he was brought sharply back to his senses. As he straightened himself he looked out, but Eun Ra was nowhere to be found; only her ghostly voice could be heard.

 

“You asked me six questions…”

 

-

 

So, a few of you might be sitting there now like WHOOOOOOAAAA the hellllllll?! And yes, I will admit, it turns a little weird. 

However this was a thought that I had a little while back about the lyrics of Mirotic, if you were to read them in a different context it could seem sort of like a crazed letter from a sasaeng fan, some of you may not see that connection, but I mulled it over a few times and considered and that was when this fic started forming really >.<

But yes! I am back after a ridiculously long hiatus, hurl all the rotten tomatoes you want at me, I deserve every one of them, FINGERS CROSSED the next update will not take as long >.<

Enjoy it guys! And welcome to any new readers!

 

P.S: Shameless advertising right here, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm part of a Melbournian dance trio called Media Majors and after not doing as much as we hoped in 2012, we're trying to expand our audience and do a lot more this year. So it would mean a lot to us if you guys could check out the links below ^^ Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/MediaMajors

http://www.youtube.com/user/mediamajors