Chapter 3

Mirotic

 

@DbSkHatter sorry was that last one excitement overload for you? LOL Just remember to breathe while reading this, I reckon you'll be pretty.....spastic with the end of this chapter >.< And you already bug me, how is this any different? Kidding~~~ LOL i will study hard when I can be bothered, thanks for the love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

 

@rxnkim YAY! New reader ^o^ Thanks to Rae up there, she told me that she'd tell a friend so, yay! I'm glad you like it so far. I couldn't help but make the song title as the book title it just...I dunno, the song title always kind of intrigued me, I thought it sort of seemed, mysterious, different so I thought, what the heck, it can be the title keke~ Thanks for commenting, hope you enjoy~

 

@Giraffrey hey you~~ Even though you don't think your writing is good, I personally think it's awesome :D You MUST update yours soon yes? But it's good that you love this so early on, it can only get better (and freakier) from here, fingers crossed I get a few more subscribers >.< But thank you for the comment~~~

 

@mariehumbly LOL that's good, 'cos it's gonna get creepier, in every sense of the word :D

 

Without further ado, I say, ENJOY! Things are beginning to pick up, strange things starting to happen.....

 

 

Chapter Three

 

Yunho opened his eyes groggily to a room that was not his, not familiar and…not at all to his tastes. He mentally winced at the bright wallpaper, lace curtains and flowery bedspread.

Wait, Yunho thought, why the heck am I on someone’s bed?!

He jumped quickly out of the bed and grasped at the bedside table as the world swam before him, his head thumping terribly. Squeezing his eyes shut, Yunho let his senses calm down before attempting to move again; slowly this time. With wary eyes he surveyed the room still questioning why and how he had ended up there. Taking a few steps toward the door, Yunho spotted an old fashioned clock sitting on the chest of drawers. The time read 11:40am and with a rush the previous night’s events flooded back to him. He remembered following the girl’s directions through the maze and being snagged by the branch. Yunho touched a hand to his throat and coughed experimentally, grimacing as he discovered how raw and painful his throat felt.

Suddenly another thought flashed through his still pounding head. Where were his friends? He hadn’t found them, so had they gotten back to the hotel? Had they left without him? Was anyone looking for him?

With all these questions plaguing him, Yunho jumped for the door, a sense of urgency now filling him. He had to get away from…wherever he was and get back to…wherever he had been. Truthfully Yunho had no idea where he was or had been but directions could be figured out later. He knew how to fight and he was willing to do whatever he had to just to get out of here.

Killer dance moves were one thing but a pretty good punch to the head could deliver the same mind-blowing effect.

He crept slowly down the corridor outside the room he’d been in and tensed as he heard muffled voices further down. Unable to discern who was speaking, Yunho moved carefully. He craned his neck to see that the corridor opened out onto a room, across from which lay an entryway, Yunho assumed a door would be over that side as well but his main problem was getting across the open space where the now silent muffled voices were. Taking a deep breath, Yunho decided to risk it and leapt out from his spot just as someone walked past, a hot cup of tea in their hands.

 

“Yah yah yah hyung!” Changmin scolded. “Look both ways before you cross. If I’d had food in my hands I would be hitting you right now.”

Yunho’s eyes widened in surprise and straightened up as he stared at the disgruntled maknae in front of him. “Changmin?” He croaked out.

“The tooth fairy.” Changmin rolled his eyes. “Of course it’s me. No-one else is handsome as this, or as unique.”

“Unique being another word for weird.” Yunho’s eyes flicked over to where heard Micky speak and spotted him sitting on a couch; head in his hands. Next to him on a long sofa lay Jaejoong, surrounded by patterned cushions with a blanket, only big enough for half his body. Finally, Junsu sat in another couch, knees brought up to his chest and an unhappy, thoughtful frown on his face.

Yunho couldn’t speak through his confusion – or half-dead throat for that matter – so merely settled for motioning to himself and then the others uncertainly before turning around to face Changmin as he spun his finger in a “please-explain-what-the-heck-is-going-on-here” circle.

“Don’t look at me, we all know as little as each other,” Changmin shrugged. “All I know is that I woke up with incredibly sore ribs and found out that the door was locked and then saw Jaejoong sleeping on the sofa. Micky walked out a little bit later and Junsu hasn’t stopped frowning,” Changmin glanced down at the mug in his hands before holding it out to Yunho. “Tea?”

“Water.” Yunho mouthed, shaking his head disbelievingly at his maknae who had clearly scoped out where the kitchen was. Whoever owned this house would probably come back to an empty cupboard.

“Eh?”

“Water.” Yunho whispered.

“Eh?”

“Water!” Yunho shouted, regretting it immediately as he tried hard to swallow properly again.

“Me too.” Micky put his hand up on the other side of the room. “I feel like I have a hangover.”

“Bwoh? I’m not your slave.” Changmin frowned.

Micky rolled his eyes in response before acting exaggeratedly happy. “Saranghae Changmin-ah, get your to the kitchen and get me a drink. Now.”

“Feeling the love…” Changmin muttered sarcastically and headed off in the direction of the kitchen.

“Do you know anything?” Yunho whispered hoarsely, but to his disappointment Micky shook his head.

“He’s right about Junsu though, he hasn’t stopped frowning at all.” Micky pointed in the direction of the latter and Yunho glanced over. If it wasn’t for the fact that Junsu kept fiddling with a hole in his pants and kept blinking, Yunho would’ve thought he’d turned into a statue. Yunho also noticed, with slight alarm, the dried red line of blood that jutted out from Junsu’s hairline on the left hand side of his face, almost reaching his eye. Yunho was about to walk over to him when he heard a groan and looked up to see Jaejoong slowly sit up; his head tilted to the side and eyes still closed as he ruffled his hair.

“Sleeping Beauty awakes.” Micky murmured and Jaejoong questioningly opened one eye. Yunho’s alarm grew slightly as he saw a purple bruise developing on Jaejoong’s pale neck, a small cut running across it. Clearing his throat painfully as Changmin wandered back in with two glasses of water, Yunho attempted to establish some leader-ly order.

 

“Alright so…” Yunho cleared his throat once more before continuing. “None of us seem to have any idea what happened, or where we are, or how we’d get back, but…we can’t count on our manager searching for us; we will have to find some sort of way to get back.”

“I know what happened…” Junsu murmured quietly. Three other heads turned to face him in surprise. “It was that girl.”

“You saw a girl too?” Yunho, Changmin and Micky chorused all eagerly leaning forward. Only Jaejoong remained uninterested, his attention consumed by the blanket on his lap.

“This was her doing.” Junsu pointed to the cut on his head, his eyes however still unmoving and focused on his knees.

“I saw a girl,” Micky added. “She looked sort of worried but she seemed pretty nice to me.”

“Hmm,” Changmin added. “The girl I met was pretty…” Three pairs of eyes rolled simultaneously. “What? She was. Long black hair…but for some reason she was wearing a dress –”

“People wear clothes Min, sorry to disappoint you.” Yunho whispered. “I saw someone like that though, was it a red and white dress?”

“Yeah.”

Realisation hit the small group at the same time.

“It was the same girl!” Junsu, Changmin, Micky and Yunho all stared around at each other, yet Jaejoong’s attention was still not there.

“Come to think of it,” Yunho turned around. “Jae, why was she wearing your jacket?” The boys’ attention switched in an instance and Jae glanced up reluctantly; almost sheepishly.

“She looked cold.” He mumbled through a raw throat. Yunho immediately jumped up and sat next to his best friend.

“Was she pretty? Was she nice? How far did you get?” Although he had a bruised throat, Yunho didn’t hesitate from heckling Jaejoong who merely stared at him sleepily.

“I’m not so eager that I’d…you know…go that far with someone in a maze.”

“In a maze? So if you weren’t there…?” Yunho asked.

“If I was not tired and in pain I would punch you.” Jaejoong croaked before toppling back onto his side again.

“Can we focus on the issue here?” Junsu snapped his fingers angrily. “That girl is dangerous!”

“No she’s not.” Micky disagreed. “She was trying to help me, I’m sure she did the same for you.”
“She attacked me!”

“I’m sure you’re imagining.”

Junsu walked up and stalked over to Micky, pointing at the cut as he did so. “She came up and hit me over the head with a shovel for no reason whatsoever, I am NOT imagining that.”

“But why would she attack you?” Changmin confusedly looked at the others for support. “She was trying to help us. I mean, sure I wasn’t able to keep up with her…I actually ended up falling down a hill, but she did try and help.”

“She probably made you go that way deliberately.” Junsu muttered.

“Well, she told me that if I went around,” Yunho did more actions to spare himself from talking too much. “I’d find you guys. Got snagged by a branch though.” He held two fingers to his throat.

“Deliberate, she claimed to be the gardener, she would know what that maze is like.” Junsu sniffed.

“She seemed pretty nervous when I was her, I didn’t talk to her much, I only remember feeling a sharp pain,” Micky pointed to the back of his neck. “Here.”

“There! There’s some proof,” Junsu pointed repeatedly at Micky. “What on earth could just randomly hit him with such force?” He sat down again, frown now stuck on his face. “Something isn’t right, you have to believe me.”

 

*****

 

Jaejoong only half tuned into the conversation around him. He thought about the previous night as the others told their stories, unsure as to whether he should offer his own recount of events. He tried not to think of the obvious as he fiddled with the large red and white scarf on his lap; almost big enough to be classed as a blanket. There had been that voice, that strange, eerie and yet recently familiar voice. Also the scarf had been suddenly pulled on, but by what? Jaejoong didn’t want to admit it had been that girl; there was something about her that seemed so innocent, so…loveable? Familiar?

Maybe it was the fact that she was so easily able to return his teasing with teasing? He didn’t know why, but his mind was at war. Half of it believed that she had been the one to strangle him, whilst the other half believed that he had imagined it.

“Hyung,” Micky tapped on Jaejoong’s knee jerking the latter from his daze. “What happened to you then?”

“Huh?” Jaejoong lifted his gaze to see the other four staring intently at him. “Oh…uhmm…I actually –”

Thankfully, he was spared answering by the sound of someone coming through the door. All five heads snapped around to see who it could be but Junsu quickly through himself back into his couch with his back to the entryway as the same black-haired girl entered.

“Oh! You’re awake!” The girl quickly inclined her head in greeting. “Annyeong haseyo.”

“Tch, she speaks Korean and she’s in Japan.” Jaejoong heard Junsu mutter. “Probably a crazy stalker fan.”

“I hope your injuries aren’t too severe, it took a lot of effort to get you down here. If I knew who’d done this to you I would have searched for them myself.” The girl smiled as she came closer to the sofa where Jaejoong sat, just as she was about to sit down, Junsu jumped up.

“Who are you?” He demanded.

“Junsu, have some respect.” Yunho scolded him hoarsely but Junsu shook his head.

“Aniyo, what right does she have to do this,” He pointed at his head again. “And then lie to our faces?” Taking a few steps over, he stood right in front of the girl and asked again, forcefully. “Who are you?”

Jaejoong stood up slowly, his legs unsteady from the lack of movement and gently pushed his hand against Junsu’s chest, forcing him to take a step back, shaking his head at the younger man.

“I could ask you the same thing.” The girl looked Junsu up and down. “My name’s Eun Ra, you should be slightly grateful that I was still in the maze when this happened.”

“We are,” Yunho stood up as well, Micky and Changmin followed suit. “Well, most of us are. You must be feeling pretty happy too, it’s not everyday someone gets the privilege of having Dong Bang Shin Ki in their house.”

Eun Ra blinked in confusion. “Dong…Da…who sorry?”

Even Junsu paused for a second along with the other four.

“DBSK? TVXQ?” Yunho asked.

“Is that some sort of organization?” Eun Ra guessed. “A group?”

“You’ve…never heard of us? Really?”

Eun Ra shook her head and the five boys stared at each other in amazement. It seemed odd that someone who seemed to be from Korea and was working in Japan would not have once heard of DBSK, especially considering they were the two countries who adored them the most.

“Uhm okay then…” Yunho was unsure as to how to continue on from that. “Well…I’m Yunho, I’m the leader of the group, the tall person who’s most likely raided your cupboard is Changmin – I apologise if that’s the case –, that’s Micky there, Jaejoong is the one standing next to you – you look like you’re about to fall asleep again – and Junsu is, well, the angry one, sorry about that. Uhm, DBSK is one of the most well-known and respected boy bands that South Korea has produced, we do a lot of travelling between there and here, which is why we’re here now. We’re actually doing a photo-shoot for a magazine.” Yunho’s voice cracked at the end and Changmin snorted behind him.

“Did you just turn into a search engine robot hyung? You sure talked us up a lot.”

“And you’re about to complain.”

“Pfft, heck no.”

“You shouldn’t be talking,” Eun Ra walked over to Yunho and touched a hand to his throat which caused more giggles amongst Micky and Junsu.

“That’s the most action our leader’s ever gotten.” Micky laughed loudly as he high-fived Junsu. Eun Ra didn’t even glance over as she inspected the bruise on his neck.

“Hmm, you really shouldn’t be talking at all.” She glanced over Jaejoong who hurriedly attempted to look elsewhere. Next thing he knew, her hand was also on his neck and flinched at the sudden touch. He glanced back around to Eun Ra, who looked up at him with a smirk.

“Someone as fragile as you shouldn’t be talking.” She murmured and gently pushed him to sit back down on the sofa before walking away. Jaejoong stared back down at the scarf in a daze as Micky and Yunho sat either side of him.

“Mind telling us what that was about?”

Needless to say, Jaejoong didn’t say a word.

 

*****

 

Hours passed and the sunlight slowly faded beneath the horizon; Micky had spent the majority of the day speaking with Eun Ra in a subtle attempt to learn more about what had happened the night before, Changmin and Junsu had long since disappeared back into the room they’d first woken up in and refused to come out, whilst Yunho and Jaejoong had taken Eun Ra’s advice and stayed silent for the better part of the day, Jaejoong falling in and out of sleep.

As Yunho sat with his legs dangling over the side of the couch, he heard someone walk past him and looked up only to see Junsu approaching him, eyes staring at something over Yunho’s head. The leader glanced around but saw nothing and instead looked questioningly at Junsu who waved him away. The smell of food cooking in the kitchen roused Jaejoong to consciousness just in time to see Micky emerge from the kitchen with Eun Ra encouraging them to come and eat. Just as five people settled in to eat, Eun Ra glanced up and counted the heads around the table.

“Where’s Changmin?” She asked Yunho softly. The latter just glanced up at her and then around at the others, Junsu watching Eun Ra with wary eyes.

“I haven’t seen him for most of the day…” Yunho shrugged. Eun Ra pouted, an indescribable look crossing her face.

“I’ll just…” She stood up from the table. “I’ll go and see where he is…I wouldn’t want him getting hungry…” Eun Ra paused for a moment longer, before heading to the door.

None of the four members noticed a baseball bat go missing from it’s stand next to the door.

 

*****

 

Changmin walked steadily along, hands shoved deep into his jeans pockets and his breath fogging the air in front of him. Eerie moonlight lit his path as he headed…somewhere in the chilly night. Spring may have arrived but it hadn’t shaken off the creeping chill of winter just yet. As he walked, Changmin replayed the entire day’s conversation with Junsu over in his head. His disbelieving hyung had spent many hours attempting to convince him that Eun Ra was not as innocent as she claimed to be.

“Something isn’t right Changmin.” Junsu had said as he paced the room they both sat in.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t believe you,” Changmin shrugged. “What happened to me was my own doing. Perhaps I took a wrong turn or something but I can’t blame her, she said she was pointing me in the right direction.”

“But what about Jaejoong?” Junsu came to halt and sat on the bed. “What about Yunho? Similar injuries nehh? Jaejoong’s looks more forced though, as though someone did it to him. I bet you that’s why he’s got that scarf on his lap, it belongs to Eun Ra.”

“It’s a blanket, and how do you know?”

“It’s a scarf and I just do.”

“No offence but that’s terrible reasoning.” Changmin shook his head.

“Then what about Micky, huh?” Junsu seemed so sure of himself now. “What on earth could hit him in the back of his neck like that? You saw the bruise! It had to be made from a rock or a pole or –”

“Junsu you don’t know if any of this is true. Why would she attack us?” Changmin ran a hand through his hair.

“Beats me. How does she also not know who we are? Why doesn’t she know why we were at the hotel if she works there?”

“Isn’t it obvious? She works there and lives here. If she’s just the gardener she won’t know everything.”

“Has she been living under a rock? How can you not know about our group?” Junsu motioned between himself and Changmin and toward the door. “Five years Min, how can you not hear one word about us?”

“I dunno…” Changmin shook his head again, rubbing his ribs as he did so. His fall last night clearly hadn’t been a pain-free one and he was desperately hoping nothing was cracked.

“Changmin could you do me a favour…” Junsu asked hesitatingly.

“What?”

“Could you…possibly…try and go for help?”

“Me? What? No, why are you asking me?” Changmin’s voice shot up a few levels.

“You don’t have stubby legs; you can go run for help. If anything went wrong you could outrun them. You have fast reflexes and you’re good at sneaking and I’m begging you to do this.”

“Begging me?”

Junsu nodded. “While I am ashamed of it, yes I am. For the sake of all of us, we don’t know this girl. What if she is some crazy stalker? What if we’re nowhere near where we were?”

Changmin sighed deeply. “Fine. Fine, I’ll do it, but you owe me when we get back home.”

 

Pulling himself from his thoughts, Changmin shook his head and continued walking in the moonlight. He had no idea where he was going. The house they were at lay in a valley with a seemingly never-ending hill running along the right hand side. Changmin paused for a moment, contemplating whether he should scale up the hill to get a better idea of where he was. After little thought and pausing to shiver, Changmin began climbing. Needless to say his shoes were not at all suitable for scaling any sort of hill, nevertheless he continued on, his breath coming in short puffs, his jacket hanging loosely on his shoulders. Through breaths he cursed for only wearing a thin T-shirt, the night most certainly not warm.

“Where are you going?” A female voice said behind him. Changmin jumped in shock and spun around quickly, losing his footing as he did so and sliding slightly on the hill.

“Eun Ra…” He panted. “I was…uhm,” He swallowed. “Checking…out the area…”

“Bit cold for that don’t you think?” Eun Ra’s dark eyes surveyed him, like last night her startlingly pale skin seemed to glow.

“Well…yes…but…” Changmin was rapidly running out of excuses. Sure he might be quick. Sure he might be agile. But he sure couldn’t talk his way out of an awkward situation. Instead he noticed the baseball bat Eun Ra was holding. “What’s uhh…what’s that for?”

Eun Ra glanced down. “Protection you could say, there are many dangerous things out here in the night. Wild, unpredictable things…”

“Really?” Changmin nervously laughed. “In Japan?”

“Even in Japan. Even here.” Eun Ra’s face held no emotion, a sight that sent shivers running up and down Changmin. The cold wasn’t the only thing affecting him any more.

“Are these…unpredictable things…people?” He asked cautiously.

“Correct.” Eun Ra nodded her head, taking a step toward Changmin who remained rooted to the spot in fear. “Why don’t you come back?” She held her free hand out to him. Changmin’s gaze flitted to it for a mere second, before looking back to her face. He cursed himself for not listening to Junsu and prepared to get away as fast as he could.

“Uhh…no…I’m uhh…fine, I’ll just walk around for a bit longer.” He tensed slightly, ready to run.

“All by yourself?” Eun Ra held the bat tightly in both hands; Changmin’s heart started pounding furiously.

“Yes…”

Eun Ra sighed. “I didn’t want it to come to this…”

Quicker than Changmin could react, Eun Ra swung the bat up and round. It connected solidly with his skull and Eun Ra watched as Changmin’s eyes rolled back in his head. His limp body fell to the ground and began slowly falling back down the hill.

Unmoving, Eun Ra followed his path with her eyes; the moonlight reflected her cold, hard stare.

 

Woot woot! The action is gonna start picking up now! You guys all know how it goes right? Keke~ I only hope that I can make it freaky and twisted enough >.<

I know I said it last time but, I love all the stuff I write with Jaejoong, it just...kwahhhh~ Makes me love him more, don't ask me how when it's my writing keke~

Comments, criticisms, love, hate, chocolates are all welcome. No silent readers >_> Welcome to any new readers! <3

I will attempt to update soon :D