Chapter One

Mirotic

 

The schedule never changes when you’re a widely popular boy group. If you’re not filming an MV, you were doing a photo shoot for an album jacket, if you weren’t doing that you were at a fan meeting, or hiding from stalker fans, or coming up with a new concept or filming a television show, or endorsing a product or...well the list could go on for miles. It is tiring enough however going through all of these activities in one country, however make that two and the exhaustion, expectations and schedules double.

For Dong Bang Shin Ki, jumping between Korea and Japan was a tiring yet very rewarding experience. What upset them the worst was the inability to meet and greet every fan that came to support them.

Surprisingly it wasn’t the never-ending schedule...in fact, every once in a while you find yourself shooting in an interesting location. Such a place can be found in a small secluded area of one of Japan’s many islands where the boys were halfway through a photo shoot.

 

*****

 

“To the left Changmin, Jaejoong if you could just turn a little – yep – no, yes that looks great. Hold it there.” The camera flashed as numerous shots were taken and the boys simply looked their best.

“Okay thanks guys. That’s all the outdoor shots that we need for now.” The photographer nodded at the group’s manager who took over immediately.

“Right.” The manager clapped his hands loudly enough for to scare away a few birds in the nearby trees. “We’ll head back to the hotel and run over the schedule for tomorrow and –”

“But hyung.” Junsu whined from where he was lying on the ground. “You bring us here for a photo shoot and we don’t even get any time to look around the place. That’s hardly fair.”

“You’re not here to play. You’re here to work. I’ve noticed that you haven’t approached me with any new album ideas in the whole time we’ve been here.”

“Cos’ the view’s too nice hyung.” Yunho sat down heavily on Junsu who grumbled in complaint.

“Don’t get distracted.” The manager was quickly becoming irritated. “You were given a deadline in which to make your next Korean album and now you have just under six months left. That isn’t much time you know. You’ve got to come up with the concept, record the songs – Jaejoong-sshi, are you listening to anything I’m saying?” The manager did a double take over to where Jaejoong was busy taking photos of his own.

“Bwoh? Oh, mianhae hyung. But you can get really good shots up here.”  Jaejoong clicked through the many shots that he had sneakily managed to take when the magazine photographer had been reloading the camera. The manager paused and looked out for a minute. He wouldn’t deny that the view was breathtaking.

They were all standing on top of a rather sloping mountain that never seemed to lose its greenery all year round. It could only be described as well-kept wilderness. The grass at its reasonable length bowed to the wind in shimmering waves. The willow trees and cherry blossoms with their many hanging branches gave the place an overall sense of fantasy. This was helped by the clouds that brushed along the top of the mountain where the boys were. Perhaps the most stunning part of this scenery was the endless green maze that backed on to where the boys were shooting. And this is exactly what they wanted to explore…

But the manager had to put his foot down.

“No. Sorry, but no.” He said with a shrug.

“Just no?” Changmin lifted his head from where he was lying on Junsu’s chest.

“Yes.”

“That’s a yes?” Micky took his hand off his eyes and propped his head up on an elbow.

“No.”

“So it’s a no?” Yunho looked confused.

“Yes.”

“So we can go exploring? Let’s go.” Jaejoong said.

“Yes – I mean no!” The manager threw his hands in the air. “Stop fooling around. I expect you back at the hotel in ten minutes.” He walked away grumbling.

“Well done hyung.” Changmin lifted his arm in the air to give Jaejoong a very awkward high five.

“Ah it’s easy. Throw in similar words and you’ll confuse him eventually.” Jaejoong waved his hand madly in the air trying to find his friend’s. He gave up after a few seconds. They all fell silent until…

“Can I ask why you’re all lying on me?” Junsu asked indignantly.

“The photo shoot required it.” Micky mumbled.

“The photo shoot is over.” Junsu pointed out. Even though it was, the rest of them refused to move. Changmin and Yunho both had their heads on Junsu’s middle while Jaejoong and Micky were lying on each of Junsu’s legs.

“Yeah but you’re like a squishy pillow and it’s comfortable.” Changmin said quietly.

“And it’s awkward. I’m moving.” Much to the disappointment of the other four he pulled him himself up off the ground and stretched at the feeling of finally standing up properly for the first time in a few hours.

“Well, the manager said we have only ten minutes…let’s move.” Yunho pointed straight up in the air. But no-one made any sudden moves.

“I can help with that.” Junsu grabbed on to Yunho’s extended arm and yanked on it.

“Aishh.” Yunho smacked him over the back of the head. “Be gentle. I’d prefer to keep both arms in their sockets.” The other three eventually got to their feet and started walking but Micky stopped as he noticed that Changmin wasn’t following.

“Changmin? Changmin?” Micky looked in a circle around himself and then glanced at the maze. “Changmin! What are you doing?”

“I’m curious.” Changmin walked cautiously down the long first path of the maze. “Why is the manager so adamant for us not to go in there?”

“Cos’ we have a schedule? I don’t know. Just come back please.” Micky looked over his shoulder to where the others had disappeared.

“Why are you so nervous? It’s just a maze.” He peered around the first corner. “And it’s huge!”

“I’m not –” Micky was about to say he wasn’t nervous but there was something about the maze that was putting him on edge. “Can we please leave?”

“Okay.” Changmin shrugged after looking around the corner one last time. “But I would really like to go and walk through it.”

“Keep dreaming magnae.”

 

*****

 

What was it? What was it about the maze that was keeping his attention?

Changmin couldn’t put his finger on it but instead continued to look out of the hotel window at the maze that was slowly disappearing into the dark. His thoughts were interrupted by JaeJoong jumping on him.

“Why so quiet magnae?” He followed Changmin’s stare and stopped when he noticed the maze. “You feel it too?”

“Feel what?” Changmin glanced sideways at his hyung who rested his head on his shoulder.

“Like a pull. Or a call. Just something saying that you have to explore the maze. That’s why I was taking so many pictures this afternoon. It wasn’t just for the view. I wanted to see if I could see anything...” Jaejoong fell quiet and then suddenly hit Changmin’s shoulder.

“Owww! What’d you hit me for?” Changmin rubbed his shoulder.

“Cos’ I remembered I found something.” Jaejoong crawled awkwardly over Changmin’s bed and then over his own to grab his camera. He quickly bounced back over to where Changmin was looking at him weirdly. “Here, see for yourself.”

Changmin took the camera from his hyungs hands and looked at the picture on the screen. The picture he was looking at was a simple one of the entrance of the maze. The way Jaejoong had taken it you could see down the whole length of the first path, the walls seemed to be closing in toward the end. However, again it wasn’t the plain beauty of the shot that caught Changmin’s attention; it was what was at the end of the path. In the very corner of the shot, the side of a young girl’s head could be seen.

“Bwoh...” Changmin held the camera closer to his eyes and pressed the zoom button. She was peering around the corner, her unusually pale white skin is what made her stand out the most, and otherwise her dark brown eye and wavy black hair made her all but disappear into the hedge.

“Pretty isn’t she?” Jaejoong was watching Changmin’s reaction carefully.

“That wasn’t actually what I was going to say.” He mumbled. Although he had been thinking it slightly. “It’s kind of odd actually. Why would a girl be hiding in there?”

“I asked myself that question after staring at her for long enough.” Jaejoong mused. He received a sharp smack in the head from Changmin before saying. “We could go and have a look I guess.” He had a look of mischief in his eye.

“But manager....hyung said...that...” Changmin tried to be the voice of reason, but his curious instincts were getting the better of him. He really did want to know what was in that maze.

“Manager hyung...is not...here...” Jaejoong imitated Changmin’s worried voice before smiling wickedly at him. Changmin got where he was going with the idea and was only too happy to agree.

“Do you reckon we’ll make it out past the others?” He asked biting on his lip as he thought.

“We should...if we go now.” Jaejoong jumped off the bed, grabbing a jacket as he went. “Move it, magnae!” A few seconds later, the two of them were creeping slowly out of the room and down the corridor toward the door but...

“Psst!” The two of them turned to see Junsu staring eagerly at them. “Where are you guys going?”

Changmin glanced at Jaejoong. “Uhhh, nowhere?”

“Riigghhhttt.” Junsu leaned casually against his door. “Then why does it look like you’re sneaking out?”

“We’re not.”

“Riigghhhttt.”

“Seriously.”

“Riigghhhttt.”

“Stop saying right!” Jaejoong whispered loudly.

“Then take me with you.” He whispered back. Changmin rolled his eyes at how childish these two could be even though he was the youngest.

“Fine.” Jaejoong said dejectedly. Junsu smiled happily and took two seconds flat to sneak up behind them and impatiently wave for them to continue along. Jaejoong continued to lead the way but stopped quickly as they came to the doorway past the living room.

“Commando style.” He whispered before tumbling across the gap. When he got to the other side he quickly waved the others across. Changmin slid across the gap, while Junsu – trying to imitate Jaejoong – fell over his own feet.

“What’s going on?” Micky came wandering quickly out from the living room. “Where are you guys going?” His eyes looked at all of them in the group and then fell on Changmin. “No, Changmin are you dragging them out to that maze?”

“I’m not.” He said. “Blame Jae.” He pointed at the offender.

“Well, if you’re all sneaking out, I’m coming too.” Micky shrugged.

“Me too.” Yunho’s voice came from around the corner. The other four stopped and looked at him but he simply half-smiled. “I’m your leader so I might as well take responsibility.”

Jaejoong and Changmin exchanged glances and a grin.

They were going to explore the maze.

 

Sorry if the first chapter is a bti short or hasn't interested you that much, but I do promise that it will get better and freaky, I've had good ideas hehe~

So does anyone want to be, uhh, PM'ed about it? You have PM's on here yes? *Goes searching* Just let me know guys I don't bite....much.

Not a big fan of silent readers but...I'll let you for this chapter if you must.