CHAPTER 1

A Mere Delusion

 

If only Park Sandara could choose, she wouldn’t take the path she had been living for years now, suffering underneath her breath and always struggling to be independent.

The pressure had been stressing her out these days. She was never a positive thinker, who always assured themselves with ‘It’s going to be okay’ because she knew it wasn’t. Also, sighing became her hobby.

She was looking through the blurry window glasses, shivering under her sweater because of the cold air. The novelist took a small cup in her kitchen and filled it with hot chocolate. The sensation she felt after sipping the hot chocolate was relaxing her mind. She slightly exhaled and sat on her desk.

The smell of her hot chocolate was her favorite, always accompanying her by her side, on her desk beside her white laptop.

Her eyes were glued on the screen with her long fingers started typing skillfully. A playful smile was plastered on her face as her eyes caught something. She read the feedbacks that her readers gave her, saying that her novel was exciting and they couldn’t wait for the next production of her novel.

Shutting down her laptop, she made her way to her bed. The new deadline of her novel was none other than two weeks yet she hadn’t accomplished it.

Kwon Jiyong, she mumbled. He fingers were interlocked. The beating of her heart couldn’t stop at the moment she thought about him. Her delusion was eating her alive. The guy she adored the most usually came at beautiful night with a grin on his face.

He would whisper every night, “Good night, beautiful.”

But that night he didn’t come. Where would he be? He was supposed to be next to her, accompanying her in her sleep and singing lullaby for her.

She shut her eyes tightly with her heart couldn’t stop worrying.

 

- - -

 

The writing on the wall seemed to be so unclear. She touched the brick and observing the detail. She was brave enough to walk down the street at midnight, passing a small alley.

The horrifying night could kill her unstable heart. She placed her hand on her chest and mumbling. Strom was heard loudly as she covered her ears.

She waited and waited for the person to come. He will come right? He will, she assured herself and palmed her right hand in nervous.

She caught the black figure on the street. She small ran and approached him, giving him a hug. “I missed you, thought you wouldn’t come,” she muttered.

“But I came.”

She smiled and nodded her head. Hearing his voice was like a breakfast for her. It satisfied her. “Do you want to go somewhere?” she asked quietly.

The younger guy shook his head and wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her closer. “Let’s just go to your house.”

Sandara nodded in response and led him to her house. She took off her shoes and headed to her room. He followed her silently and took a seat next to her.

He put his arms on her shoulders from behind and embraced her. Sandara turned her head to him and whispered, “Kwon Jiyoung.”