Part Four

It's an Emergency!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning I wake up and go to the kitchen for breakfast. My hands are sweating with excitement. Yesterday was a very strange day … first Suho and then Luhan. As I sit at the table I see that my parents and Luhan are already eating. The only one that isn’t calm is me, Luhan behave as if everything was normal. My mother greets me and asks me: "Sehun, why did you wear a scarf at home?"
I immediately remember the events of the night before. Initially I thought that Luhan had given me the scarf just because it was very windy outside and he knows that I get sick easily. Then when I went to brush my teeth before bed, I discovered the real reason. Suho had left me a gift. A giant red spot on my white neck. So this morning, before breakfast, I put the scarf around your neck to avoid having to explain it to my parents, pretending to have a sore throat is much easier. So trying to look a little bit sick I answer to my mother "Yesterday it was too windy and I have a sore throat ..."
My father intrudes "That's why I always say to drink vitamins and not go out with light clothes ..."
My mother keeps telling me: "Maybe it's better if you don’t go out today. We thought we were going to visit your grandparents, but if you’re sick maybe it’s better if we stay at home. Now I call them to tell you that we don’t go ... "
I feel really guilty. I usually don’t go often to visit my grandparents because they live in a small village in the countryside and it’s quite far. They are always so happy to see us.

"No, don’t call. You know they’re always so happy to see us, we can’t cancel with them if you have already said that we were going ... "
My father looks at me and my mother smiles because of my love for the family.

"However, I agree with your mother, you shouldn’t go out. We all know that usually you get sick very easily and I don’t want you to miss more days of school. " Adds my father with a severe tone.
Luhan then proposes an idea "Only you two could go. I would like to come and greet Sehun’s grandparents too. It’s since my last visit to Korea that I don’t see them. Maybe next Sunday if he is well we could take the train and go to visit them. "
My parents seem happy with the idea so after breakfast my parents take the car and go. Luhan begins to wash the cups and place them in their place.
"Thanks" I murmured.
"You're welcome." He responds
"I, uh, I need to talk to you ..." I say trying to get more courage
He turns and smiles at me, even though his smile did not reach his eyes. "You know, I've been selfish to say those things to you last night, so please don’t  feel upset and don’t feel compelled to ..."
"But I want to talk to you..." I interrupted him. He stops to rearrange the cups and turns completely to me to hear what I have to say. I nervously start talking.
"What you told me was really a surprise for me . I had never thought of you that way. Tonight I got to think about it. I thought about us, I thought about what I would like. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I just want someone who understands me. I don’t know if I'm gay, in fact I never thought about this before, or at least not seriously. So I don’t know whether the affection I feel for you is just a strong bond of friendship or something more ... "
Luhan sadly replies "I get it ..."
I take deep breath and continued, "But I will try. I will try to date you. "
I feel my cheeks on fire and the surprised look Luhan gives me make me even more embarrassed. "I-I don’t know if I will seriously be able to have a relationship, but I think it's worth trying ..."
I don’t even have to continue the exposure of my confused thoughts that Luhan was already embracing me with his strong arms wrapped gently around my neck.
"Thank you."
I'm confused and I ask him "Thanks for what?"
He strays a bit to be able to look at my face. Now he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter