1st day

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sandara's POV

 

 

Bom helped me choose the most mature and proper clothes for my first day as a Part-time secretary.

 

 

I knew I could do well if I put my mind to it, but I can't help the jittery feelings I get when I think of doing this almost grown up work. I just turned 17 last month - 1 more year before I would finally be considered an adult. This means I would still be here at the orphanage for the 1st 6 months of my Freshmen year in college.

 

 

That is if I'm going to get a scholarship.

 

 

"You're frowning..." Bom said catching my attention. I smiled and shook my head a little.

 

"It's nothing..." I answered. I was surprised when Bom hugged me.

 

"No matter what it is, It's going to be okay. I'm always by your side too, and that means Tabi is too." she squeezed playfully. " The 3 of us will be each others pillar and support..." she let go and moved back and I knew what she's going to do next."...For life!"

 

She lifted her hand in front of me with her pinky finger out ( like when you do a pinky promise), and I hooked my pinky with hers- but instead of making our thumbs touch, we both leaned forward and kissed our own thumbs - a form of seal for us, like a secret handshake.

 

"For life I answered back." My heart warmed with her words. I thought when I lost my uncle I would become forever alone - with no family to call my own. But now in front of me is proof that you don't need to be blood related to be family. In my heart I already made Bom and Tabi my brother and sister - my own family.

 

I became teary-eyed and when a tear fell Bom immediately wiped it away.

 

"Why? I'm not trying to make you cry. You'll ruin your make up and you'll look like a mess on your first day." she help my face in both her hands.

 

 

"I'm just..." I took a breathe to settle my emotions."... thankful to really meet you and Tabi. You know I love you both right?" I asked with a smile. 

 

"Of course... you don't have to say it because I know. We're sisters and I love you too." She hugged me again while patting my head. She really became an older sister I didn't know I wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why am I not invited to this? Give me a hug too." Tabi suddenly said behind us. We both turned with our arms still around each other. "I love you both too, in two completely different ways." he continued with a grin.

 

"Come here you!" Bom said and we both extended an arm for Tabi.

 

"Group hug!" I playfully shout and we giiggled like children.

 

"Be careful with my clothes, it'll wrinkle." I suddenly said but still laughing with our little moment.

 

"Yep, our youngest is gonna be a grown up now." Tabi said as he pat my head.

 

"You'll ruin her hair." Bom said grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

 

"Thanks guys! Well this is it. Wish me luck!" I said as I straightened myself.

 

"You'll do well." Bom answered.

 

"Still, Goodluck and have fun. Remember to call here if you're going home late so I can fetch you." Tabi said finally serious." I'll use the bike if I have to."

 

 

"Okay..." I answered. " See you guys later..." I walk out feeling better about the day.

 

 

 

"Sandara fighting!" I said to myself as I walk out the orphanage.

 

 

 

----------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter