Fatty and Piggy

Dara Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

 

I carried my bag toward the staircase but stopped before going down. 

 

 

I took a deep breathe - I remembered the morning talk I had with Mr. And Mrs.  Lee.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Call this number if you need anything. We understand that you're firm about this but we don't want you to leave this house thinking you don't have anyone else to support you. We'll talk to the orphanage and ask them to update us about you once in a while. We won't meddle if that's what you want but ..." Mrs. Lee cut her husbands talk.

 

 

"... But we still hope you'll contact us too once in a while. I would rather hear things from you than other people. Would that be alright? Once a month or.... Even once every quarter." She sniffed and i felt my chest tighten.

 

 

Such care and worry from someone who 3 weeks ago are jut strangers to me. It pains me to think that they're feeling rejected with my decision but they are still willing to understand my reasons. 

 

 

I nodded.  

 

 

"Thank you for everything! I will always treasure the memories I have with you family.  Please stay safe and healthy." I bowed to both of them but Mrs. Lee immediately stood up and crushed me in her embrace.

 

 

"We'll see each other again someday." She took my face in her hands and looked in my eyes. " You take care and protect yourself well, understand." I nodded again and she gave me a kiss on my forehead before hugging me again. She moved to let her husband say goodbye to me as well.

 

 

" These are our business card. Keep them  with you at all times. i'm also giving you permission to right our names and info  when they ask who they will call for you in case of emergency. Especially once you're out of the orphanage." He hugged me awkwardly but I felt his sincerity and it made me want to cry.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I took a deep breathe. I prepared to lift up my bag when a hand pulled my hand away from the handle. I raised my head to see who it was.

 

 

 

Donghae oppa....

 

 

 

I thought he won't show himself to me anymore. I know he doesn't hate me - i don't think he likes me that much either.  He's just being polite to me because that's how  he's raised.  

 

 

I kept looking at him unable to say anything. Is there anything i want to tell him? I think to myself. 

 

 

 

He stood there beside me on top of the stairs holding my bag not saying anything too.

 

 

 

We stood there for a while..  But I knew i have to say something.

 

 

 

"I..." I started.

 

 

 

"Done staring?" He looked at me and smirked. " I understand you'll miss my goodlooking face so...just keep looking"  He started walking down carrying my bag.

 

 

 

"I ... you.... Am not..." I said pausing not being able to finish the sentences i'm thinking. I was shocked with what he just said.

 

 

 

Did he just teased me? Where did that come from?

 

 

 

"Yah! I wasn't staring!" I finally manage to say as I follow him down. " I was just startled when you appeared and I was thinking of what to say."  He reached the bottom step and I was beside him 2 seconds later  with a pout.

 

 

 

" Excuses...." He said softly but enough for me to hear. He continued to walk towards the door where his parents are waiting with the child services representatie who came to pick me up.

 

 

"It's true... i..." Again I didn't know exactly what I wanted to say.  I was startled again when he stopped and pulled my hand toward him and pushed a medium size envelope in my hand.

 

 

I looked at him confusely. He looked away.

 

 

" It was a very interesting time having you with us. I... I didn't dislike the time you were here,...okay maybe in the beginning..." He let go of my bag and placed his hands in his pockets still not looking at me. " Open that when you're already at that orphanage." 

 

 

 

I looked down to the envelope. Tried to feel inside but a hand covered mine and I look up again.

 

 

 

He was looking at me while shaking his head.

 

 

 

"At the orphanage..." He said again and i nodded." I guess this is it..." He offered his hand to me for a shake. I accepted it without thinking.

 

 

He smiled while he held my hand. I felt sad knowing this is the last time I'll be seeing him.

 

 

He might seem cold to me most of the time but I knew he's warm and kind - i saw glimpses of it when we were together but a lot when he's withhis parents.

 

 

 

"Thank you for everything..." I finally manage to say.

 

 

 

I know.... Really that's it?!  I thought to myself, but truthfully that's what I really feel and it does sum up all i wanted to say. This is why i really hate goodbyes... The words seems never enough.

 

 

 

We slowly let go of each others hands. He raised it to his nape and rubbed it awkwardly.

 

 

 

"Take care of yourself..." He started walking back st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter