[50] Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Change Me

 

Why Didn't You Tell Me?


I was walking through the hallway towards our classroom when the guy I bumped with earlier came across my mind. "I forgot to ask his name..." I unconciously uttered my thoughts out loud and my heart jumped when someone spoke at the back of my head.

"Whose name?"

I abruptly turn around to see the owner of the voice, and I narrowed my eyes at him crossing my arms.

"You surprised me!" Sighing deeply as I untug my arms in front of my chest hitting him playfully by the arm.

He chuckled rubbing the spot where I had hit him, "So whose name was it that you had forgotten to ask?"

As much as I don't want to answer his question, which I find weird why should I not, it's not like I'm hiding anything. It's just, I don't feel like explaining. But I still answered anyway.

"Oh no one. Just a guy I bumped with earlier today." Luhan looked perplexed after hearing what I said. "What?" I asked trying my hardest to act natural about it. Well, there's nothing to feel nervous about it. It's not like I'm doing anything behind Jongin's back. I just accidentally met a guy, and coincidentally that Jongin isn't with me at that time, it's his fault anyway, I scoffed internally. 

I noticed Luhan stopping on his tracks and crosses his arm over his chest. I halted my steps as well as I turned around to face him with a questioning look. "What?" My arms unconsciously reacting, palm spreading wide on my side.

"A guy? You're curious about a guy's name?" Luhan asked eyes not leaving my gaze.

"I-Is that bad?" Okay, did I do something wrong?

"No, it isn't." Luhan answered totally ignoring how I stuttered, I sighed in relief.

"But why are you curious to know his name? You're not the type of person to get interested with someone before, most specially a guy?" His eyebrows furrowed.

Luhan was right. I find it weird as well, why do I feel interested knowing that guy I met earlier. Even for a short encounter we had earlier. I felt like I'd known him ever since, and somehow, he reminds me so much of Kyungsoo. I don't know, maybe because of his height? I chuckled inwardly totally getting lost in my stream of thoughts, when I felt Luhan knocked my head.

"Yah!" I hissed rubbing the part where he had hit me.

His eyes growing wide, wiggling his head as if telling me 'your answer?'.

"W- Well, about that..." I rubbed the back of my neck, "to be honest, I don't know as well. I find it weird too you know, even before you. But, he looks... harmless?" I explained, not sure about the last word though. 

"Harmless? what's he an animal?" Luhan chortled and then he spurted right after he saw me nodding my head too eagerly. "Y-Yah!"

"What?" My eyes were wide. It's true though, he looks really cute. Like a little puppy. "I'm serious though," I deadpanned earning a glare from Luhan.

"Jongin's gonna be mad at this," He said shaking his head in disagreement.

"Don't even mention him." I sternly said, placing my fingers on top of his lips, stopping him from talking further. But he stepped back anyway, so it was useless. I can't stop him.

"What's wrong? Lover's quarrel?" He hissed as if that's the most interesting topic he had heard today.

"Is not," I said as I continued my way to the classroom when I noticed it's fifteen minutes before class starts.

"I think it is." I heard him said behind me, and I just scoffed.

 

As soon as I entered the room, I already expect to see Jongin sitting by his seat, laughing and talking with some random classmates who approaches him whenever they had a chance to. But what I didn't expect, is that, he's sitting on my chair, head burried around his arms, totally ignoring the presence of other people inside the classroom. Just him and my desk, nothing more.

I was mad. WAS. But after seeing him on my seat, my heart fluttered crazily and I had the sudden urge to run to him and pull him into a tight hug, and smothered him into kisses, but of course, I can't. That would be really embarrassing, and I don't want unwanted attention from our classmates, so I had to refrain myself from doing those shameless ideas. I sneered at myself for thinking stupid since earlier, getting mad at this guy who makes my heart do somersault every now and then. I just eyed him from the door.

"Looks like he's waiting for you.." Luhan said teasingly, and I just had to hit his arm, just one time, because if not, I'd be all embarrassed all over again, and won't have any courage to do something.

I dragged myself towards Jongin. I sat on his seat, my eyes not leaving his sleeping figure, and I sighed. How can he sleep so deep at this kind of surrounding? I stated mentally as I shifted my attention around the room.

Not  contemplating any further, I glide my hands on his upper arm, and I flinched when I felt his temperature were somewhat weird. I shook Jongin, but the latter didn't respond right away. Now that I looked at it clearly, the guy was actually shivering. Oh my god! Stupid Jongin!

"You're sick? Why didn't you tell me?" Jongin didn't answer back, he just reached for my hand squeezing it tight. Damn! what to do with this guy? I can't bring myself to get mad at him, I know he doesn't want me to either, but how can he not tell me about this matter. 

Luhan offered a helping hand to bring Jongin to the Nurse' office. As if on cue, our teacher came in to start the homeroom, but I made my way hurriedly in front to talk to him. I told my teacher that I'd accompany Jongin back home as he was sick. It was fortunate that our teacher was in a very good mood, that he didn't ask any further question.

The three of us were on our way out, when I saw the guy I bumped with earlier today outside of our classroom, feeling all nervous and stuff. I nudged Luhan who's having a hard time supporting Jongin.

"What? God Jongin keep yourself together...you're heavy you know!" He hissed not bothering to look my way.

"Um, do you need help?" the brunette guy asked, as he looked at Luhan then his gaze travelled towards me, "Oh! It's you!" He smiled back, his lips forming a rectangular shape. And I just had to pinch his cheeks internally. Why he's so cute? It's the first time I see him smile. It's totally different from his panic expression earlier. I knew I was correct. He really does look like a puppy.

"Y-yeah it's me..." Were the only words I managed to let out, and I had to hit myself mentally for stuttering. 

"Mr. Byun..." I heard my homeroom teacher called out to that Byun guy, and I didn't have to contemplate who could be that Byun guy our teacher was pertaining to, since I noticed how he reacted after hearing it.  So his family name is Byun? I wonder what's his relation with the chairman of this school? I laughed at myself for thinking so randomly. I saw him run towards the door, and spoke something at my teacher, and I heard him answering, "Oh is that so, ok?" Then I saw him walking fast towards us as he held the other side of Jongin.

 

"Are you sure it's alright for you to be out here, instead in there? Isn't today like your first day?" Luhan asked which I was itching to ask since the moment he held onto Jongin's arms. 

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." He smiled once again, and I just had to tug on Luhan's arm, as if saying, 'see! I told you he looks like a puppy!' and I saw Luhan chukling softly rolling his eyes.

 

How ironic. Just the other day, it was me who was the patient in this particular room, whille Jongin was my caretaker. But now, it's the other way around. I knew he'd caught it! 

We entered the Nurse office with a frown on our faces ─ except for Byun guy ─ not liking how we've been frequently coming here each day in just a week. As soon as the two of them helped Jongin laid in bed, I dialed the Taxi company so he could send us one of them and pick us up. I can't ask Kris to do it since he's in his work right now. Kyungsoo won't be of any help either way, since he has his own matters to handle with.

After ringing them, I noticed Byun guy trudging towards me, tugging my arms which made me gasped in return. Luhan was a bit astounded at the guy's sudden action. Then my eyes squint when I felt a stinging sensation at the palm of my hand, liquids strolling downwards on my arm.

 

Right! Graze.

 

"S-Sorry does it hurt?" He asked worry etched on his face, I felt a sudden presence stood at my side and I had to refrain myself from looking up.

"What's this?" Luhan asked tugging my hand away from the guy's hold.

"Aah.. scrape?" I mumbled.

"I know what it is, what I mean is what happened to this?" He said shaking my hand lightly. But even before I could answer, Byun guy already beat me to it.

"That... is my fault actually," He said hanging his head low, "I'm really sorry about it," He said standing up bowing ninety degrees.

"Hey! there's no need to do that, I told you this is nothing. It's just a bruise okay?" I assured him patting the side of his arm, and he fidgets.

Luhan finally let go of my hand and offered it to the guy standing in front of me, as if telling him to continue what he was doing. After he finished bandaging my hand, which is seriously unnecessary, we're informed that the taxi had finally arrived, and the two had helped once again to carry Jongin to the vehicle.

 

"Lulu, I forgot my stuff in the room, do you mind keeping it for me?" I asked after they had positioned Jongin properly inside. 

"Of course I will, I'd dropped by later to check on you two," He said ruffling my hair and I hissed at him, playfully hitting his arm again.

"If one day I get a contusion here," He said pointing particularly at one spot on his arm where I had hit him several times this day, "I'd seriously blame you for it!" I chuckled waving at him then to Byun guy.

"Sorry, I didn't catch up your name..."

"Baekhyun... Byun Baekhyun!" He said louder and clearer than necessary, I smiled in return. 

"Nice to meet you Baekhyun-ah!" I said waving at him, "see you later Lulu!" waving one last time to my bestfriend.

 

"I forgot to ask her name..." And Luhan looked at him in amazement.

"Whose name?" And he just had to chuckle to himself finding another weird being added on the circle.


[A/N] BYUN BAEKHYUN! That's right! Welcome Baekhyun in the house! :)) Don't worry about our Baekhyunie~ He's not going to be like dear Yura on the previous chapters. Baekhyun is too precious for that kind of character... I'm telling you, he's seriously a sweet guy. And Jongin's clingyness will be activated once again on the next chapter, wait for it! 

 

And I would like to shamelessly ask this one favor for you guys, if you don't mind... >_<
Would you mind hitting the upvote button? That is if you really did like my story..kk

But that's just only second to what matters to me...

Since the first thing that really matters are the comments I'm receiving! kk

Thank you guys once again for subscribing, and please do comment and upvote!
If you liked it!

See you on the next update!
xoxo