[48] Thank You

Change Me

 

Thank You


Kai POV

"Can I talk to you?" I uttered at the girl standing by the door way. I've been looking for her since this morning since I wanted to talk to her about what happened yesterday. It surprises me that she didn't show any tension at all from being guilty. No fear but only resolution about something is present.

"I've been wanting to." She uttered not leaving her gaze at me.

I stood up and trudge towards her, enough distance where we could hear each other properly. As I was about to start interrogating her, she cutted me off saying she wants to speak first. I nodded indicating for her to proceed, and so she did after she took a deep breathe and settling her unwavering gaze into me.

My eyebrows furrowed at the words she had spoken. I was deeply contemplating whether to believe her or not, since, it's Minji who I was talking to right now. The very same person who had cause Hyunjae's heartache before. But somehow, her words are exploding with hurt and sincerety.

She had told me everything base on her point of view. And it's totally different from what Yura had told me. At first I was really skeptic about it, but somehow deep inside me something is telling me I should believe her this time. I don't know what or how am I going to do that, but I only have one thing in mind. I need to talk to her.

"I don't care if you'll believe me or not. But I can assure you, for the first time in─I don't know how many times─that I had talk to you, everything I had spoken today is the truth. We've stopped. I have stopped. I wanted you to know that we don't want to make another same mistake like what we did before. I can totally accept now that you can't help but suspect me from doing that to her after what we had done to Hyunjae before, but I wanted you to know, that never... even once... I had laid my hands on Choi Yura."

"Thank you." Where the only words that had left my mouth when I finally made my way out of the room to look for certain someone. I went to the cafeteria hoping to see her there, since it's where I had last seen her. I asked the group of students she was with earlier and they had told me, she was gone few seconds ago together with Hyunjae, after she had invited her to have a talk. I whipped my head towards our usual table and I didn't see any sign of my girlfriend and Luhan hyung sitting there, so i had decided to make a run and search for them to wherever they could be right now, doing that "talking' thing they were talking about. I made a right choice when I had decided to look at the back of the school first, since it's where Yura and Minji had talked earlier this morning base on what the latter had told me awhile ago. And I almost scream my lungs out when I saw Luhan by the corner, leaning his back on the wall.

"Where's Hyunjae?" I asked panting and Luhan stood up straight as he cocked his head on the corner of the wall, as if trying to not be seen, so I did the same and I saw the both of them─Hyunjae and Yura─having the 'talk'. 

That's when we heard Hyunjae spoke with no hint of humor in the tone of his voice. "Take that back,"

I didn't mean to eavesdropped, we didn't. But we have no choice but to hear everything that they have spoken since both of them were almost half shouting from rage. 

"I don't need your opinion. Jongin had agreed and the date is going to happen whether you like it or not." After hearing Yura uttered those words, I had the urge to finally step in into their conversation. But Luhan had stopped me even before I had to make my first step. I peered at him and without exchanging any words, I had understood what he meant.

All of Hyunjae's words were a melody to my ears. Although she had expressed her words a bit calm than necessary I can feel how she's been hurting deep inside. The way she had defended me in her every words, made me want to run into her and pull her in between my arms.

I heard everything. Every words that came out from Yura's mouth is enough for me to believe what Minji had told me back in the classroom. I had been wanting to step in into their conversation from the moment I heard the truth of what actually happened, but my feet won't let me. My mind was telling me, I need to listen more of it. Curious to hear more of the answers that I had wanted to know. After a minute of intense exchange of words the two had finally came to a stop, when both fell silent, Or so I thought, when I saw how Yura held her hands in mid-air, that's when I came into picture. I don't know how I did it, but yeah, we're not that too far from them, and my reflex isn't that bad, that's why I was able to stop her even before her filthy hand touches my Hyunjae. I won't dare anyone to lay their hands on her, even myself.

I can see how surprised Yura was when I popped out of nowhere, and I just glared at her. Mad? probably... well she lied, who wouldn't be mad because of that? I was so stupid as well for believing her words yesterday. I should have known. 

I saw Hyunjae-ah perked up from her position in my peripheral vision, that's when I heard her uttered, "I'm sorry..." As she hang her head low, and I know what she meant by those words.

She was sorry for doing this without telling me first hand. Although we both know very well that if ever she decided on informing me, I'd probably disagree either way.

 

"I-- I can explain..." Yura uttered in the verge of crying.

"I think I've heard enough..." I retorted grabbing Hyunjae's arm dragging her away, Luhan followed suit.

 

Author's POV

"Thank you..." Jongin mumbled at the nook of your neck.

"What for?" You mumbled rubbing his arm which was draped around your torso.

"For defending me, standing up for me, and doing all these troublesome things just to help me," He answered before looking up to meet your gaze. Without warning Jongin leaned in for a kiss which you gladly took in return, as your hand trailed up to cup his face.

As you parted you whispered, "I love you Jongin and you know that I'll do anthing for you..." Jongin smiled widely in return as he trace the lines of your jawline, brushing his fingers on your lips, as he meet you for another passionate kiss. The kiss that neither one of you wants to end too soon, but not too long as well, when both of you had to gasped for air.

Jongin's hand found his way under your shirt and you shivered at the sudden touch. He brushes his palm on top of your stomach and that automatically sent thousands of chills in every corner of your body. Both of you were only staring at each other, probably would have started making out again, if only there wasn't a knock came banging wildly in front of your door. Jongin hesitated for a second to stand up and greet the ing person behind that door for interrupting his lovely moments with you, but he shook his head in disagreement when the thought that it might probably be their parents. Jongin mentally hits his head from even thinking that for even a second. He softly groaned moving his body away from yours, unwillingly getting up from the bed as he trudge his way towards the door. He swung the door open and there revealed Kyungsoo standing with blank expression, a letter in one hand. He pushed his way inside the room and went straight towards the bed not before he had shove the paper in front of Jongin's chest, plopping beside you as he tuck himself under the blanket snuggling closer to you.

Jongin's eyes were in horror at his hyung's random action. Which is not so random to Hyunjae, since it's been a norm out of the two of you. You chuckled at Jongin's reaction and just ushered him to just close the door and go back beside you, which he willingly oblige. 

"What's this hyung?" Jongin asked as he tuck himself under the blanket, Kyungsoo leaned the side of his head on the palm of his hand, his arm supporting him. He looked at Jongin across him, and you hauled the piece of paper away from Jongin's fingers.

You sat up abruptly after seeing the letter. 

 

I'm sorry for all the troubles.
I'm going back now.
Goodbye.

I'm sorry...

 

"Is this for real?" You whispered not leaving your gaze on the paper.

Kyungsoo nodded, but then he realized you can't see him, he hummed in response.

You peered at Jongin, with a hint of worry evident on your face. Jongin chuckled ruffling your hair as he assured you that he would call his parents to check if she did went back home. You nodded in return. Although Yura had been nothing but a clingy-spoiled- in your perspective, you can't help but worry since  after what happened earlier, there's a hundred percent probability that she might have committed something irrational. You don't want for something like that to happen, that's why it's a good thing  Jongin could understand you even without the need of uttering any words.

"So why are you still here hyung?" Jongin asked his back laying flat on the mattress, you in the middle somehow had drifted off to sleep, while Kyungsoo was on the other edge laying his back flat.

"I think I should be the one asking you that.." Kyungsoo answered back, closing his eyes turning his body towards the sleeping figure beside him.

Jongin did the same as if mirroring what the older one did. He snuggled closer into you. And now you're both finally trapped between the two guys who had been fighting over who would get to hug your waist. And you groaned eyes still shut close. "Stop it you guys, I can't sleep..." and thankfully the two did so, and sooner or later the three of you drifted off to sleep, but not before Jongin had kissed you at the corner of your lips. And you turned your head towards him, smiling at him sending him a goodnight kiss.


[A/N] Short update!

Congrats to whoever guessed it right! Yes it's Jongin and no one else. Now that the situation with yura is sort of settled now, yes, sort of, since Jongin still need to have a call with his parents to know her whereabouts and check if whether she had really gone home or not.

Again, I'm seriously feeling so tired and really really sleepy! >_<

Hope you had fun reading this!
Don't forget to comment and upvote guys~
xoxo