His Way

My Way

I wondered aimlessly around the various dressing rooms as I spot Jiyong and CL sitting on the couch together laughing at something they were watching on an ipad. I want to see what they're watching, but as Jiyong is laughing he looks over to me and stops. Yikes! His laugh and smile fades when he looks over at me. CL notices that he isn't laughing along with her and follows his gaze over to me. I give them both a half smile as an apology of ruining the mood and watched as CL nudged Jiyong to get him to look back at the ipad. Not wanting to make this situation anymore awkward as it was I turned to leave.

I really don't understand how it ended up this way. I remember crying to my unnies about what had happened between me and Jiyong and CL being the fierce leader that she was didn't like that he made me cry. She swore that she would make him pay for making me cry. But somehow, some way that didn't happen. Instead that incident made them close. It was hard wrapping my head around the idea at first, but over time I understood how they could become so close. They were similar and had a lot of things in common, everything about the pair seemed like a perfect match.

Even though time and time again they told everyone that they were only friends I knew better. I knew CL was putting on a front of liking Teddy when in all reality it was Jiyong. They couldn't fool me. I just wanted to be friends with Jiyong, but I figured that CL was the jealous type. But what was there to be jealous about? We were like siblings, buddies, nothing more. So why did he have to push me away?

"Hey Minzy are you excited for our special performance," Youngbae asked me.

I gave him a smile, "Of course! Are you ready to be schooled?"

He laughed as I bobbed my head from side to side, "We'll see about that!"

After the great performance, Youngbae slung his arm around my shoulders as we walked off stage together. I loved the natural high I always got after a performance, "You weren't too bad."

He laughed as we greeted everyone backstage, "You weren't so bad youself."

"Well I better get changed. I'll see you later," I waved as I was walking away.

"Wait Minzy, what are you doing later," he called after me.

"Nothing, why what's up?"

"Do you wanna grab a bite to eat," he said with a big smile.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Sure, why not." He waved and I waved back before turning to run into someone, "Oops! Sorry..." I looked to see it was Jiyong starring coldly down at me. What do I do? Not wanting to make things more awkward between us I give him a grin and slightly bow before walking away not looking him in the eyes.

What did I do wrong? Why was he so cold towards me? Whatever it is I just wished it would stop. "Hey Minzy are you okay?"

I looked to see CL giving me a concerned look. I pushed back the tears forming at my eyes and gave her a smile, "I'm okay."

She looked at me like she knew I was lying and only nodded and I was grateful that she didn't pressure me into telling her the truth. After quickly changing I slipped into the van and put my headphones on to listen to some music to distract me. I sat in the back of the van starring out at the doors waiting for my unnies to come out. Why do they always take so long to get dressed?

I watched as the big bang oppas started to file out one by one. I saw Youngbae come out and felt like I should thank him one last time for doing such a great job today and open the door, "Oppa!"

He looked over and smiled as he ran up to the van, "Yeah?"

"Thanks for today."

He nodded, "No thank you, it was awesome. We should really record a song together, don't you think?"

That's a great idea! "Sure, so what time are we going out tonight?"

"How about eight? Or is that too late?"

"No that's fine."

He smiled as he hugged me, "Good."

I couldn't help but smile as I hugged him back. I waved as he headed towards his van and quickly glanced over to the doors to see if by chance that my unnies would be walking out. But I was wrong. My eyes widened when I saw Jiyong standing there. Was he watching us talk this whole time? I couldn't read the expression on his face, that was a first. I watched as he only nodded and walked over to his van, jumping in to join the rest of the guys.

Sighing, since that's the only thing I can do. I take my seat once again and wait for my unnies to come.

 

 

I don't know how this happened, but it did. Youngbae and I just hit it off after our night out. He was too funny, always making me smile and keeping me company when there was nothing to do. It was weird at first, it felt like me and Jiyong's relationship when we were younger. He was cracking jokes and I was laughing at all of them no matter if they were funny or not.

I smiled up at Youngbae when I saw the smudge of chocolate on his face. "What are you smiling at?"

This made me laugh as I pushed a napkin towards him, "You've got chocolate on your face."

"I do?!"

I nodded as I picked up the napkin and wipped it off for him. He laughed when I showed him the napkin, while I shook my head, "Youngbae you're a sloppy eater."

He shrugged his shoulders as he continued to eat his sundae, "Who cares."

Boys! I looked around and spotted Jiyong and CL, "Hey look who's here!"

He followed my gaze and smiled, "Let's go say hi." I followed behind him as he greeted the two, "Hey guys, mind if we join you."

I watched as Jiyong's gaze went from Youngbae to me. His gaze was hard on me, making me feel a bit uneasy, "Well actually I need to go." I turned to look at Youngbae hoping that he'd understand.

"Where are you going," CL asked.

"Oh, I just...I forgot I had things to do," I lied.

"Then go," Jiyong spoke with a hint of indifference in his voice.

It hurt. Hearing him speak so harsh towards me. It was the first time in a long time he had said a comment directed towards me and it was to leave him alone yet again. But I wasn't going to show the hurt he was making me go through, "Umm...Youngbae I'll see you later." Without another word I started to walk away.

I overheard Youngbae, "Man why did you have to be so rude to her?"

I bit my lower lip and walked a little faster. Just like Youngbae said, I myself couldn't understand why he was being like this to me. I was giving him his space. I wasn't talking to him. I did my best to keep away from him. Yet here he was, still giving me the cold shoulder. Am I really that annoying?

 

Author's Notes:

Whoa I'm just super surprised at how well this was received. Thank you all for liking it so far! Because of all the love that was shown for this fic I decided to add more. Hope you liked it! <3