Birthday

HIATUS Panda Project

Birthday

 

 

   “Surprise!” Everyone shouted as Kyung Hee walked through the doors of the warm, cozy café,thinking she was going to work. Her eyes widened and her face was smeared with a big, gentle grin. Balloons, streamers, confetti and hanging Chinese lanterns ornate the place as she walked pass them.

“Ah...Really?” She breathed as she was handed a handful of balloons.

“Yes really, it’s your birthday!”Her red haired friend, Eunbi, said as she help take off her coat and put it on the nearby by coat rack. Kyung Hee pouted and was dragged over to a table full of presents and a big birthday cake.

“Kyung Hee happy birthday!”

“ Happy B-day! How old are you?”

“Wish you many wishes!” The room was filled with customers she knew and didn’t know but that all didn’t matter since they all cared about her no matter what.

   Her manager pulled out the chair and instructed her to sit down immediately. She didn’t have to think twice as she slowly walked and sat down, her eyes staring at the cake before her.

The crisp, orange, fire was illuminating on her face casting a nice warm glow around her face. Claps and cheering could be heard around the room as Eunbi told her to blow out the candles. “Make a wish!” They all said to her. She chuckled before clasping her hands together and closing her eyes.

May the friends I’m with and the people I do not know have a wonderful night and therefore on she closed her wish off with the kiss to her knuckles. Kyung Hee quickly blew out the candles and everyone patted her on the back and congratulated her.

 

“Now on with the gifts!” Another one her friends announced.

“Gifts?” Kyung Hee suddenly shot up from her seat.

“Why are you surprised? Isn’t that what a birthday party has?” He said trying to calm her down. She nodded, slightly embarrassed of her sudden outburst, and sat down. Everyone sat down next to her and watched her open their gifts.

From expensive merchandise to just cute antiques, it was all Kyung Hee could ask for. She didn’t care if it was pricey or was from the local market she just wanted what was best for her close ones. She loved them and they loved her since she didn’t have a family to begin with.

To pass by that moment she was given what she loved the most. A panda, a stuffed one though. She thanked Eunbi and gave her a sincere hug not forgetting all the others she had to hug too. After chatting and sharing memories with the customers, the manager decided to make the moment even better.

“Free meals for everyone tonight!” He gladly announced. Kyung Hee smiled and clapped with everyone. She got up after the announcement and scurried to the back. She grabbed her apron and a hair tie for her hair. She walked out from the back to the first table she saw that was filled with customers.

“Hello! Thank you for the party! What would-“She was cut off by Mr. Kim, the little local market owner.

“Ani..No need to work! It’s your birthday!” He told her. She put down her notepad and gave him a pout.

“Mr. Kim I want to work! Just think of it as a token of thanks!” She said. Mr. Kim thought for a bit before nodding with a hardy laugh.

“Fine but only this table then you go catch some grub and go home. It’s already getting dark!” He suggested. She nodded and continued on with her job. After getting all his families orders she quickly went to the back to give it to the cookers. The head chef took the order and wished her a happy birthday.

   She gave a thank you, grabbed her gifts,put her uniform up,and proceeded to the exit door of the café. Kyung Hee waved a goodbye before walking out the door into the cold, winter night. She took a deep breath and walked down to Subway next door. She got a sub and made her way to her cozy, small house.

 

     Entering her house, Kyung Hee quickly went upstairs after putting her keys on top of the door frame. While setting down her gifts in a nearby corner she went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. After taking her shower and putting her pajamas on, she jumped in the bed and snuggled up next to her stuffed, fluffy panda.

~Today was indeed a good day for Oh Kyung Hee.~

 

                                                                                                                                                                                     

A/N So how was it for the chapter? Tell me in my basket of comments below so you can show me how much you like it!

 

~Forever Always,AveryPark~