█ chapter o1; [fire] █

shutup&drive; [discontinued]

█ chapter o1;

"It's been a long time coming, but we're here now."

-

10:44pm.

Seoul, South Korea

Lee Auto Repair

 

“!” cursed Shin Ha-Neul as oil dripped on her baggy grey jeans.

It left a noticeable stain on her crotch area, much to her disappointment. Rolling out from under her pearly white Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, she stood up to inspect the damage. Her fingers tapped against her leg as she realized that the stain had already seeped through and wouldn't wash off so easily in the washing machine. She grabbed a clean dishrag off of the counter in the garage, hoping to wipe some of the spill off. It only made it worse, now smearing the mark.

"Nice look, Ha-Neul; you should wear that to a fashion show." Her Saerok snickered, eyeing her oily mishap.

"Nice face, Saerok, you should enter an ugly contest; you might win first prize." retorted Ha-Neul, pouting while trying to wash the stain with water.

The playful banter went on for about five minutes, each girl trying to outdo each other in insults. Pretty soon, it turned into an all-out war. Ha-Neul had grabbed the dirty dishrag that she used to wipe the stain with and threw it at Saerok, smacking her in the face and leaving a bit of greasy residue on her face. Surprised, Saerok stood there for a moment. Then, she simply got up and walked towards a hose. She turned it on and sprayed Ha-Neul with it, soaking her entire body, clothes and all. Dripping, Ha-Neul shot Saerok a glare that screamed, ‘I will kill you’.

“!” shouted Ha-Neul as she darted straight for Saerok.

Soo Jin walked into the garage holding a caramel macchiato. Ignoring the fact that hell was breaking loose, she made her way towards her Nissan 300zx to inspect it for damage her teammates might have caused it in their little feud. The car’s glossy, black color was untouched and her tires were as polished as ever. Content with its condition, she took out a tiny manual from her back pocket. It was for her new cell phone and boy, did she need to read it. As much as she knew about cars and everything involving them, she was hopeless with all other forms of technology and it annoyed her like an itch that just wouldn’t go away. She didn’t even know how to turn the damn thing on.

Meanwhile, a few feet away from Soo Jin, a girl scrubbed her Nissan 350z as hard as she could to rid it of bug splatters. She had been practicing her drag racing on the abandoned airstrip earlier that night and it amazed her at how many stupid insects had gotten smashed against her windshield in one night. Wiping off the last of the bug guts, she sighed, clearly exhausted. She had spent nearly two hours cleaning her car because the last time she took her car to a car wash, the equipment left a scratch on the car’s roof. Smiling wearily, she stepped back to admire her handiwork. Clean, dry and spotless; just the way she liked it. In just a few seconds, however, her hard labor was all for naught. Saerok, still wielding the hose, had aimed for Ha-Neul and missed, blasting the newly cleaned car with lukewarm water.

“You have got to be KIDDING me!” screeched Lee Hyun Ae, her face twisted in horror as she witnessed what had just happened to her car. “Two hours. TWO ING HOURS THAT I SPENT CLEANING THAT CAR!”

Hyun Ae, clearly pissed, stomped over to Saerok with the intention of stopping this foolishness once and for all. Ha-Neul seemed to be entertained with the current circumstances and a half smile appeared on her face, thinking that Hyun Ae was surely going to fry Saerok’s for ruining her car. After all, Hyun Ae was a perfectionist and she toiled endlessly to keep everything in top shape. It was because of her that they had access to a good auto shop in Seoul . Her uncle owned it and she knew where he kept the keys to the auto shop.

Unluckily for her, however, Hyun Ae tried to grab the hose from Saerok’s hands. After a short game of cat and mouse, she finally had her hands on the hose. The spray nozzle popped off and a jet of water spurted out. It traveled too fast before anyone could stop it. Soo Jin’s new phone flew out of her hands and clattered to the floor. A crack echoed throughout the garage.

Soo Jin’s jaw clenched. “That’s enough.”

Her voice was low and quiet, but they heard her clearly. The phone still lay on the floor, its cracked screen blank. Then, it began to light up and display the LG welcome screen. Surprise took over Soo Jin’s face as she glanced from Hyun Ae to Saerok. She looked to be contemplating something.

In the midst of all the tension, Hwang Kumi observed quietly from her position in the doorway, holding a wrench with an amused look on her face. One of the reasons that she shows up to the garage is to witness all of the chaos that happens behind closed doors. Of course, she was never the one to start all of the commotion; she merely wanted to watch.

One of the garage doors opened and a fiery red Nissan GTR rolled in. Stepping out of the car, Park Min Ah had the most genuine surprised look on her face. Her eyes scanned the room and flitted from a dirty dishrag on the floor, giant puddles of water, a sopping wet Ha-Neul and Soo Jin’s new phone on the ground, already damaged. “What the hell just happened here?”

Kumi smirked and proceeded to make her way to her Infiniti G35 to tighten her tires’ screws as if nothing had happened. Min Ah dismissed it; that was Kumi for you. Instead, she turned to Ha-Neul who was currently wringing out her shirt. “Well?”

“Saerok started it,” The maknae stated.

“Just so you know, you guys are cleaning this up. If my uncle sees this, I'll be dead. And when I’m dead, I'm coming back for the both of you,” Hyun Ae muttered as she grabbed a towel, ready to wipe down her car.

Min Ah just shook her head and sighed. “Whatever. Listen, I got some news. You guys wanna hear it or continue your re-enactment of the Cabi water park?”

“Fire away.” Soo Jin said in a monotone.

Min Ah shot Soo Jin a grateful glance. “Alright, listen up. There’s a street racing tournament kicking off tonight that a group of very well-known racers are holding. The winning team of the tournament wins thirty million won, but they also win a race against the racers hosting the tournament and recognition among other teams in Asia . This is it. This is our chance! This is our big break! We need this opportunity!”

“Calm your pants, unnie. We get it.” Ha-Neul interrupted and then added in a mocking tone, “Our time to shine!”

“Speaking of pants, what happened to yours?” Min Ah snapped irritably. “Anyway, this tournament starts now and I don’t know about you guys, but I’m in. So, girls, I got a question. Which one of you ladies would want to kick some first?”

-

The headquarters was already buzzing with activity and filled with roaring cars, smoke and alcohol. The men were laughing, drinking and picking fights with one another while the females hung on to their man candy like flies stick to flypaper. Heads swiveled towards the entrance as three unfamiliar cars made their way in.

“Those lucky bastards have some pretty sick cars. Who are they?” asked a man near the entrance.

Two people in the first car got out; their black boots clicked on the cold pavement as their faces were finally revealed. Jaws dropped. Drinks were placed down. Towards the back of the parking lot, someone wolf-whistled. Ignoring the fact that she was the current object of man’s desire and woman’s jealousy, Hyun Ae spoke up.

“I understand there’s a street racing tournament that’s occurring tonight. Will one of you boys kindly direct me to the person in charge?”

“Are you signing up for your boyfriends?” asked the guy closest to her, a rather muscular guy with a mustache.

Ha-Neul tugged down the shorts she borrowed from Min Ah a little as she gave him a puzzled look. “Boyfriends? What boyfriends? We want to enter the tournament.”

The guy let out a snort. Prick. “Tch, yeah right. You? Entering OUR tournament? Is this some kind of a joke?”

Irked, Ha-Neul raised her voice. “Do we look like we’re joking? We’re ing serious. I take it that you’re the that’s in charge?”

A couple laughs were scattered throughout the crowd. “No, but this is as far as you’re going to get. They’re not going to put up with a couple little girls. Why don’t you just turn around and go home?”

Ha-Neul’s gaze turned icier by the second. “You don’t want to test my patience. Where’s the guy in charge? Is he that much of a to not show his face around here?”

A few gasps sounded throughout the room. Did she really just insult HIM? A different voice rang out from the audience.

“I’ll take it from here, G.O.”

A group of five guys emerged from the crowd. The one in the center of the group looked Hyun Ae and Ha-Neul up and down before casting them an almost mocking glance. His eyes gleamed mischievously. “Now, I take I that you fine young ladies are here to see me? What can I do for you? Or, rather, what can YOU do for ME?”

“You can start by keep your eyes on my face where they belong, you pig,” Hyun Ae demanded. “We are entering your tournament.”

“No, you’re not.” The man replied, giving her a look of disbelief.

Emerging from a sleek, black coupe, Saerok spoke up. “What’s the holdup? I want to race someone already!”

Kumi got out of the driver's seat and listened intently to the argument. There was no need for her to say any unnecessary words. Not yet, anyway. Unlike Saerok, who often spoke her mind and used verbal means to solve conflict, Kumi observed the details before making a move. It seemed more logical that way than just thinking with emotions.

“Oh look, another one,” stated the boy to the leader’s left.

“Hate to break it to ya, but you ain’t getting in the tournament. You can’t. It’s impossible,” the leader told them.

“And why the hell not?” asked Saerok, moving closer to Hyun Ae and Ha-Neul.

“You’re a girl,” he answered.

“At least I'm not a confused gender bending e who looks like he woke up on the wrong side of the brothel this morning with another STD. Now that we’re done stating the obvious, you still didn’t answer my question.” Saerok retorted snarkily.

“Women can't race. Get back to the kitchen, make me a sandwich and learn your place.”

“You insolent little son-of-a—” Saerok was prepared to introduce this feminine looking bastard to her fist, but a cutting voice had prevented her from doing it.

“Saerok. Stop.” Soo Jin’s voice rang as she stepped out of her midnight black car.

“It’s fine. Don’t do anything to him.” Min Ah told Saerok, who reluctantly backed away. Min Ah turned to face the leader. “Is there a problem?”

He didn’t look at Min Ah. Instead, his gaze hovered at Soo Jin. As soon as the two make eye contact, a look of realization passed through him. His tone was jeering. “Bang Soo Jin. We meet again.”

The look Soo Jin gave Kim Jaejoong was of pure loathing. The rest of her crew, save Min Ah, turned to face her questioningly. Min Ah discreetly told them that she would fill them in later. Keeping her cool, Soo Jin held her gaze on Jaejoong. “We’re entering that tournament whether you like it or not.”

He scoffed. “Aish. You women are so bothersome. Tell you what. I’ll let you in the tournament on one condition. If you beat the newbie crew, Infinite, we’ll let you take their spots. Choose your best driver to face off against one of their racers. Consider this your qualification round. If you lose, you’ll be ed. I mean that in a literal way, as well. Capiche? Infinite, come forward.”

Soo Jin said nothing as seven boys confidently stepped forward, grinning. This would be so damn easy, they thought. Beating out a bunch of girls? It hardly seemed like a warm up.

“This’ll be easy. I’ll handle it,” one boy named Myungsoo announced. His green beanie that hid his dark locks added to his boyish looks.“Go on, girlies, choose your victim. It won’t matter. I’ll make this quick and painless.”

Saerok, Ha-Neul, Hyun Ae and Min Ah argued amongst themselves, wanting to be the one to race against Infinite. A few seconds went by before Soo Jin spoke up. “Kumi. Go.”

The leader and the newest member locked eyes and nodded. Emotionlessly, Kumi stepped forward to face Myungsoo. The boys of Infinite could hardly believe their eyes. “Her? You want us to race HER?!”

Kumi knew that she had more talent in her pinky than those walking bags of testosterone had combined. If they knew what was good for them, they would be planning a way to get around their designated racing area instead of laughing like a bunch of poorly-dressed retards. Those poor, clueless bastards. They would never know what hit them.

█ author's note;

well, hell, that was pretty long for a first chapter, if i do say so myself. congratulations to the girls who got picked! they were Airah [obviously], specifics, InfinityX and booyahlisaaa. if you're still there, please comment and let us know you're alive. if you didn't get picked, not to worry! you'll never know when you'll make a surprise appearance in later chapters...(; i strongly advise you keep reading. next chapter will DEFINITELY have more racing and action; you can't get enough of that! aaaaand, just so you all know, i have NOTHING against infinite! infinite is an amazing band and i myself has crush on mister nam woohyun. so please, don't bash on the comments saying "zomgzzz, yew hayt infinite?!?!" because i will LAUGH at you. keep your eyes open for chapter two and remember to comment! we love y'all! muuuuah! [that was from love club by big bang, in case you didn't know.]

█ ending crap;

→ xaznbaybay.
→ 6:39pm.
→ listening to: clap - teen top. [they are good. so very good. C.A.P. is y. that is all.]