█ Prequels █

shutup&drive; [discontinued]

█ Prequel o1

Bang Soo Jin looked back at the man in the car next to hers. Her gaze narrowed as they made eye contact. Determination. That was the key to triumph. Determination was what drove her car. Determination was what drove her to challenge this particular racer. Determination was what drove her passion for street racing. At first, they laughed at her. You can't race, they said. You're a girl. Girls can't race.

She was persistent, however, and that persistence led her to where she was now. The man in the car next to her flashed her a patronizing smirk. Soo Jin rolled her eyes. What an arrogant jerk. She'll show him. The arrogant jerk revved the engine of his Audi R8. Before the race, he had bragged that he had imported it straight from the manufacturers themselves. A scantily clad woman with fake-looking s and skyscraper stilettos stood in front of the two cars. In her hands, she held two green cloths. She winked at the cocky bastard before proceeding to raise the cloths above her head. Soo Jin gripped the steering wheel of her beloved Nissan 300zx in one hand and the stick shift in the other. She pushed it in first gear and rested her feet on the accelerator and the clutch. The woman dropped the cloths and both cars shot forward.

The other car sped past Soo Jin like a bullet, spraying her car with water. The roads were slick with precipitation since it had rained recently. She immediately pressed on the accelerator harder and switched to second, third, then fourth gear. The first turn was coming up and she was quickly gaining speed. Her opponent had started to make a wide turn. Big mistake. Soo Jin hugged the curb and slipped right past her opponent. She let a smile tug at her lips before groaning in frustration. The Audi shot right past her again as she promised herself not to let a temporary advantage get the better of her. Turn number two was coming up. The Audi wasn't going to make the same mistake again, so he hugged the inside of the turn. However, he drifted a little too much and his tires slid, causing him to falter.

Taking this opportunity, Soo Jin blasted past him. She put her car in fourth gear again, then fifth. The race was nearly half way done. The switch to first place didn't ruin her focus this time and she cruised down the straightaway with the Audi lagging behind her. The third turn came and went. One more turn and she would win. She had this in the bag. She could do this. Those guys would finally see that she was serious about racing. They'd have to accept her after this. The fourth turn loomed ahead. This was it. She was giving this her all.

The first part of the turn was great. But apparently, she gave a little too much. The car swerved and before she could do anything, it was too late. Soo Jin slid on the pavement and she spun out of control. She tried slamming on the brake but to no avail. She smashed into a lamp post, damaging her car severely. Her seat belt dug into her chest, causing her to gasp out. The impact left her dizzy and nauseous. The Audi easily maneuvered around her destroyed car to take the win. Humiliation flooded through her as time passed. Finally, her opponent walked up to her battered car, his team following close behind him. Soo Jin could hear their laughter through her broken windows and every single laugh struck a blow to her heart.

"I told you that you couldn't race. You're only a girl." He scanned his eyes over her barely scathed body and his expression softened. "However, you can be useful for other things. Why don't you come over to my place and we can...patch things up? What do you say?"

"Go get one of your usual to do it," Soo Jin spat. "I don't want to catch one of your STDs."

"Fine. It's your loss. Come on, guys, leave her." With those words, Kim Jaejoong walked away from the accident, the rest of Dong Bang Shin Ki trailing close behind him.

Soo Jin glared at their figures. Letting out an exasperated yell, she smashed her fist as hard as she could in her steering wheel. Her airbag finally inflated in her face, and to top that off, her car horn started to sound.

Perfect, she thought. Absolutely perfect.

 

 

█ Prequel o2

Sighing, Park Min Ah leaned against the counter and looked around the coffee shop she worked at. In one corner of the coffee shop, an old couple chatted over lattes while in the back, three teenage girls obsessed about an upcoming concert. To her, this coffee shop was the most boring place in the world. Her parents owned it and expected her to work there during all of her free time. The good thing about it was that she got paid every week.

Today, she was working the cash register, the machines and cleaning up since her parents were still running errands at this time of night and her younger sister was sleeping over at a friend's. It was almost closing time and she was going over to THAT place again today. It was like another world there. She longed to be a part of it.

The minutes ticked by slowly, but at last, it was closing time. Min Ah's impatience got the best of her. Taking off her apron, she grabbed the keys to the shop and closed up. She made her way to her beat up Toyota Corolla and drove off into night. After ten minutes or so of driving, she had reached her destination. On the exterior, the parking structure looked like it was ready to collapse. On the inside, however, it was filled with cars, alcohol, cigarettes and women. It looked so exclusive and it drew her in from the moment she had first discovered it.

She parked a few meters away so she wouldn't draw suspicion to herself. Stealthily, she walked towards the building and assumed her usual spot on the stairwell. She peeked through the doorway to observe what was happening. Cars of all sorts were parked in the area; their proud owners showing them off like prize vegetables. People were laughing, exchanging money and starting fights. To Min Ah, it looked beautiful. Although she felt like a stalker being here, it was worth it.

Nobody dared to come to this part of Seoul, especially at night because of its notoriously bad image. Min Ah discovered it after she had gotten into a fight with her parents. Filled with angst, she drove away from her parents as far as possible. Wandering the streets, she found this place by incident. It's been four months since she found out about the racers' headquarters and not once has she been caught.

These racers had been the reason as to why Min Ah had started to save up her weekly allowance instead of spending it on the usual wasteful material items. She was willing to put in all of her money and time to become one of them. Strangely enough, she hasn't seen any women actually race; they were just...there. This observation added more to the need for her to street race.

From behind, somebody cleared their throat, jerking Min Ah out of her reverie. "May I help you?" a low, husky voice demanded. The source of the voice was a tall, spiky-haired boy, stared intimidatingly at her.

"Wh-what do you want?" Stuttering, Min Ah's attempt to sound tough had utterly failed. Fear and guilt fluttered in her stomach. She had gotten caught.

"I should be asking you the same thing," the boy retorted in a hushed tone, sauntering towards Min Ah. "Why are you here?"

Min Ah tried to formulate a way to escape, but the guy had blocked all chances of her escape by placing a muscular arm against the wall. His body towered over her, making her feel tiny. Despite feeling inferior, she looked him straight in the eye. "Who are you?"

The guy actually laughed. Laughed. What a douchebag. "Listen up, 'cause I'm only gonna say this once. It's Yang Seungho. Don't even think about telling anyone what I just told you. Now, stay away from here. If I ever catch you here again, well..." He caressed her cheek with his gloved hand. "I'd hate to see something happen to a pretty little face like yours."

Pushing his hand away, she started to storm away from the building. "Just watch," she told him. "I'll be back. When I get back, I'll be better than you. All of you. I'll race you and win. You better believe it, Yang Seungho."

Before she turned around, Min Ah could have sworn she saw the corners of his mouth form into a smile before reverting back to its emotionless state.

 

 

█ Prequel o3

"You're never going to make it in life you know," her brother drawled.

A cocky smirk rested on his face, taunting her. She clenched her fist in anger and spat, "Just because I'm not the perfect child doesn't mean , ." "At least I'm not an ignoramus you ungrateful barbarian. Can you even be called a woman?" he retorted, furrowing his eyebrows. "Can you even be called a man? You don't have a . All I see is a ," she remarked.

The boy's mouth dropped open, his eyes wide.

"I left you speechless huh? I guess this just proves that you're nothing Seungwoo oppa," with that she her heel and flounced out of the room. "Yah! Get back here Saerok!" Seungwoo shouted in his feeble attempt of a comeback.

Flipping her brother the bird, Saerok slipped on her shoes and ran to the Toyota Celica parked conveniently outside of her house. Greeting Min Ah as she jumped in, the two made a hasty escape. Saerok slipped on her seatbelt as Min Ah shifted gears. They were headed towards an abandon airstrip in downtown Seoul. It was a good place for beginners to test their skills.

Arriving on the scene, the two girls scanned the crowd for Soo Jin. Saerok spotted Soo Jin leaning on her sleek, pearly white car. Min Ah drove towards Soo Jin's 1993 Toyota MR2 before shifting the car gear into park. Both girls slipped out of the car elegantly. The two strutted their towards Soo Jin, their eyes taking in the surrounding area. They were greeted with a nod of acknowledgement and nothing more. Min Ah began to speak only to be cut off by a cocky voice, "Yah! What do you think you're doing here?"

Off in the distance two boys were striding towards the girls with cocky smirks plastered on their faces. "What's it to you?" Saerok answered, unable to keep shut. "You're in our territory. I should hurt you for being so disrespectful," he paused, eyeing her body hungrily, "but there are ways to make me forgive you."

Saerok shifted uncomfortably as the man continued to eye her. Min Ah cleared , "Didn't your umma teach you any manners? And who the hell are you?" The other male finally spoke up, "I'm Hyunbae and that’s Janghwa." Hyunbae winked at Min Ah. "I have a proposition," Soo Jin interrupted. The two boys looked at her questioningly as Soo Jin continued, "we go against you two in a drag race. If we win we get to come here whenever we want. If we lose we won't ever come here again. If there's a tie, I'll race against the winner."

The two boys grinned; there was no way they were going to lose. First off they were racing against girls, and secondly drag racing was their specialty. It was the reason why they owned the abandon airstrip in Seoul. "Deal," the boys muttered simultaneously. Saerok felt the adrenaline pump through her veins. Soo Jin grabbed Saerok and placed something in her hand. It was the keys to her car.

Nervously Saerok slipped into Soo Jin's white 1993 Toyota MR2 and revved the engine. Hearing the loud purr from the car didn't calm Saerok's nerves at all.

Despite her internal conflict she drove the car towards the start line. Janghwa was already there. Min Ah strutted in front of the two cars, her arms up above her head. Her hair fanned out behind her, fluttering in the windy night. Saerok took a deep breath and cleared her mind. 'This is going to be a piece of cake,' she thought, 'this guy doesn't stand a chance.' Meeting eyes, Min Ah nodded solemnly at Saeroks expressionlessly. She then proceeded to hold up three fingers, then two, and finally one…

And they were off. Clutching the throttle, Saerok shifted to first gear and then surged forward. Through the review mirror she saw Janghwa's jaw drop open for a second. She the gear shift to second gear when the engine's whine rose to a specific pitch, just like Min Ah had taught her. The Celica rushed forward again, and it seemed unstoppable. A confident smile tugged at her lips as she spied Janghwa's face scrunched into an annoyed frown. Shifting into third gear, the car really started to pick up the pace. The city's lights were just a blur now.

The drag race was almost over; Saerok could almost taste victory. Blinded by her thoughts, she had forgotten one crucial thing. In her haste to finish first, she wasn't paying attention to the engine's pitch or the gauges dashboard. All of a sudden, the noise of the engine completely died. The headlights turned off and the car powered down. The speed of the car slowed. Saerok took a while to figure out what was happening. She realized the engine overheated, it was too late. Janghwa had sped past her, and through the finish line only ten meters ahead. Fury began to cloud over her mind. "Fuuuuuuccccccck!" she screamed, slamming her hands onto the wheel.

Min Ah walked towards Saerok, opened the car door and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Not bad for a first run, I'm pretty impressed and I'm sure Soo Jin is too. Don't worry, Soo Jin and I will take care of the rest."

 

 

█ Prequel o4;

██ eighteen months later; ██

The pulsing beast of the music pounded against the lone man's head as he took his third shot of Absolut vodka. He had won a race against rival team FT Island yesterday and what better way to celebrate than at Torque, the exclusive underground night club for street racers. Only the best of the best were allowed in. Once you were in, however, it was a paradise. Drinks were mixed at the bar by none other than club owner and veteran racer Lee Min Ho, who had unexpectedly retired from racing at age twenty four due to unknown reasons. A poker and blackjack table sat at the far end of the club where they were run by two gorgeous women. The club even had its own auto garage. It was annexed to the club by a narrow hallway. The garage itself was almost twice as big as the club itself. It was big enough to fit about fifteen cars in it and it even had its own bathroom.

Emerging from the entrance of the night club, three men made their way towards to bar. One was of average height, had eyes resembling a panda and wore a scarf wrapped around his slender neck. The second man was around the same height, wore spiked gloves and had a cigarette clenched between his teeth. The guy in the middle was the tallest, walked with pride and had piercing eyes. Approaching the man at the bar, they formed a semi-circle around him.

"Ji Yong, we--" the tall one started, but he was interrupted.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that, Seung Hyun?" Ji Yong cocked an eyebrow.

Seung Hyun's eyes flashed in anger at the mention of his real name. "I'm sorry, G-Dragon. Anyway, Doo Joon says that a newbie race team by the name of Infinite has challenged all of us to a race tomorrow night."

The one named Doo Joon nodded and stepped forward. "The members of B2ST have already agreed to it. So has Super Junior and 2PM. I honestly don't give a whether MBLAQ shows up or not, but knowing them, they'll probably show their pitiful asses as well."

"So, hyung," the one with the panda eyes started. "We should get going."

"Seungri, did I agree to this?" G-Dragon leaned back in his bar stool. "I just raced yesterday. Give me a break."

"Everyone is counting on us to be there." argued Seung Hyun.

G-Dragon's voice started to slur. "Then go, T.O.P. No one's stopping you."

T.O.P's voice started to rise. "How bad would we look if we showed up without you? You're our leader for God's sake, so start acting like one!"

G-Dragon blinked a couple times and sat up straighter. "Then here's some leadership for you: I'm not going. Chew on that, Toppy boy."

"Every single time, Ji Yong!" T.O.P snapped, smashing his fist on the counter. "You can't just choose not to race! It's a ing life style! When are you actually going to take it seriously for once?!"

Seungri and Doo Joon sensed that a fight was going to break out soon, so they pulled T.O.P away and led him to the garage to cool off. The two watched T.O.P kick an empty oil can across the room. It flew into a garage door with a loud bang and clattered to the floor. Then, he proceeded to sit down on a stack of tires and stare at the cold, grey floor, seething with anger.

“Look, we can just hold a casual race tonight so you can cool off. Forget Infinite. Forget Ji Yong. Just…drive.” Doo Joon suggested.

T.O.P’s expression softened a bit. “Fine. Anything to get away from that lazy pig.”

Trying his hardest not to laugh, Doo Joon proceeded to send out a mass text message to 2PM, Super Junior and the other members of B2ST and Big Bang.

“Quick race. Tonight. 11 PM at HQ. Be there.”

------------------------------

At an abandoned parking structure, Leeteuk and Chansung leaned against their cars, waiting for company to arrive. Chansung patted his pocket, where a new wad of cash lay. Leeteuk kept looking back at a small baggie in the backseat of his car. An exchange took place earlier that night.

Suddenly, two cars came careening into view. They screeched to a halt next to the unfazed men. T.O.P and Seungri stepped out of the jet black Acura NSX that T.O.P owned whilst Doo Joon emerged from a lustrous, silver Toyota Supra. The three nodded their acknowledgement to Chansung and Leeteuk before joining them to converse in hushed tones. Little by little, the other racers started pouring in after a while and soon enough, the parking lot was buzzing with activity. As soon as everyone was geared up and choosing people to race, the roar of three engines silenced the crowd. Five guys stepped out of the cars.
“Sorry we’re late.” the leader stated.

As Doo Joon and Jun Hyung saw who showed up, they immediately walked over to the newcomers. “How’d you get here? Who invited you?” demanded Jun Hyung.
The leader, about to retort, was stopped by his team mate. “Let me handle this, Seungho.” Then, he looked straight at Jun Hyung. “We were invited here, babo, what’s it to you? It’s not like you own the place. And by the way, does it matter? Or are you scared that we’re here to screw you guys over again?” Lee Joon stepped backwards, smirking in satisfaction.

Jun Hyung’s eyes narrowed. “Shut your mouth, motherer. Who’s the who invited these punks?”

Choi Siwon stepped forward. “You calling me a ? Last time I checked, the text never said not to invite people. Plus, if you hated MBLAQ so much, why don’t you just use this chance to beat them? Are you just all talk?”
That seemed to have pulled a nerve. Before anyone knew it, Jun Hyung had pulled out a pistol from his back pocket. Seeing this, the rest of B2ST took out their guns as well, pointing them at Siwon menacingly. “Wanna say that again? You better watch what you say to me or trust me, you WILL die.”

“Enough!” Park Jaebeom bellowed. Nichkhun, Junho and Wooyoung bravely stepped in the middle of the two groups, trying to prevent a brawl from happening. Chansung and Taecyeon pushed the members of Super Junior back while Junsu just watched quietly from the sidelines. Jaebeom’s voice was stern. “Are we here to fight or are we here to race? If you want to fight, then get the outta here. If you’re here to race, shut the up and get your cars ready. We don’t need your immature, grade-school fighting here.”

Doo Joon put his weapon away first and the rest of the team reluctantly followed suit. For a moment, no one moved a muscle and the tension was heavy in the air. Then, two words escaped T.O.P’s lips that plunged the crowd into excited chaos once again.

“Let’s race.”

█ ending crap;

→ xaznbaybay.
→ 6:43pm.
→ listening to: oh! - snsd.

█ the trailers can be found here →

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKxo7vNMIDc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wj_-DBpMtA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-gsSf0_kQ