█ chapter o4; [number 1] █

shutup&drive; [discontinued]

█ chapter o4; 

"Boy I love your style, love your smile, wish that you could be only mine, be only mine."

-

9:59pm.

Lee Auto Garage

Seoul, South Korea

 

“Ugh, do I really have to go watch them race?” Ha-Neul complained, her lips forming into a pout. “I mean, I went with you guys last night! We’re not even racing. I missed out on an epic game of basketball yesterday…”

“Basketball? At this time of night? Puh-lease!” Hyun Ae snorted. “Why are you so jumpy? Wait, don’t tell me—you have a boyfriend, don’t you?”

“As if,” Ha-Neul rolled her eyes. “I, unlike SOME people, have other friends. Min Ah unnie, can you let me skip just this once? Please?”

“Dongsaeng, dongsaeng, dongsaeng,” sang Min Ah. “Don’t you know that we can’t miss a single race? We need to observe the enemy so we know what we’re going up against!”

“But that’s why we have you! You already do that to normal people!” Ha-Neul brought up.

“Aigoo,” sighed Min Ah. “Listen, if I buy you a few drinks at the bar, will you not complain anymore?”

Ha-Neul’s eyes lit up. “What are we waiting for, huh? Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!”

-

Pulling up to the headquarters, the girls made sure to park near the exit for convenience purposes. The venue was buzzing with activity already. For the past couple days, the racing community had started to get used to them. Maybe grudgingly, but at least most of them weren’t staring lustfully or jealously at them. It was almost like a routine now: pull up at headquarters, socialize, wait for DBSK, race, then head back home. Tonight, the routine would be left unchanged.

The girls were spread out along the parking structure. At the bar, Min Ah and Ha-Neul were ordering drinks. Ha-Neul looked like someone who just won a bet while Min Ah looked a little less-than-thrilled. The bartender waited expectantly for someone to pay for the drinks. Reluctantly, Min Ah pulled out two 10,000 won bills from her pocket and threw them carelessly on the counter while taking a big chug of her margarita. Ha-Neul grabbed her cosmopolitan and wandered over to a group of rowdy-looking boys about to start a fistfight. Kumi was at the makeshift poker tables being coached by Saerok. The men were all baffled as to how Kumi was winning more chips than they were. Little did they know Hyun Ae was sending Saerok pictures of the other men’s cards.

Soo Jin emerged from her Nissan 300zx and made her way to the bar, grabbing a seat next to Min Ah. Laying a 10,000 won bill on the counter, the bartender exchanged it for a martini. Soo Jin was about to pop the olive in when a man approached her from behind. She thought of it as nothing and continued to sip on her drink.

“So, uh, there’s something wrong with my phone,” the man spoke up.

His voice was low and rough and his piercing eyes seemed to look mischievously at Soo Jin. Min Ah let out a snort, causing part of her margarita to spill from . Soo Jin and technology? Good luck, Min Ah thought as she promptly grabbed her drink and sauntered off towards her other teammates. Both the man and Soo Jin glared at Min Ah for two different reasons. The man wondered what was up with her. He thought that pickup line was pretty good; he had thought of it himself. He hadn’t even been able to finish it. Soo Jin, however, cursed Min Ah for leaver her here with this creep.

The man tried again. “As I was saying, there’s something wrong with my phone. Your number’s not in it.” He grinned at Soo Jin, looking proud of himself. She ignored him and continued to wolf down her cocktail. The man sat there grinning like a fool, then spoke up yet again. “I can tell by the way you’re ignoring me that you want me. That’s why you’re speechless. You must want me so much, don’t you?” Giving him a disgusted look, she abruptly picked up her drink and walked to her car, much to the man’s displeasure.

At last, five cars pulled up to the parking structure with a familiar Audi R8 leading the way. Once Hero had emerged from his car, the other four followed suit. Max took up his place in the center of the crowd’s newly-formed circle. Hero held the projector remote in his hands, his finger poised on the red button. The noise simmered down as Max’s voice boomed out.

“Alright, alright, shut up, everyone!” commanded Max as the crowd’s voices began to hush. “So, who are the victims this time? Let’s see…”

Hero pressed the red button and the names started to randomize. After five seconds of suspense, two names appeared on the screen. “SS501 and Big Bang, come on up!” A team of well-dressed men stepped forward into the circle, their leader sporting an almost-reddish hairstyle.  His face looked calm, but his eyes looked determined to crush the competition.

A man with a Mohawk and chiseled arms stepped forward with a carefree look on his face, his both his mouth and his eyes smiling at his teammate who followed him. His teammate, who had dark bags under his eyes, had a more confident smile on his face and he already walked with a gait like he owned the place. Following them was a boy with a face that looked too innocent for racing, but he still continued to make his way to the center of the circle. Soo Jin’s admirer cast one more glance at her direction before joining the other three in the circle.

No one moved for a bit. The crowd looked confused and some people even started looking around the parking structure for someone. The girls of G6 began to wonder. What was going on? Wasn’t the race supposed to start soon? What were they all waiting for? The audience began to grow restless.

“What the hell is going on?” asked Saerok. “Why don’t they start this race already?”

“It’s because Big Bang’s leader hasn’t shown up yet,” explained Min Ah. “They can’t start the race without their leader.”

“Well, where is he?” Hyun Ae demanded while Kumi pocketed her winnings.

“I don’t know,” admitted Min Ah, then thought out loud. “That babo. Where the hell could he be?”

Saerok was about to ask Min Ah if she knew him, but at that moment, a guy dressed in a black motorcycle jacket, black skinny jeans, sleek Nike Air Jordans with a black beanie concealing his platinum blonde hair walked dauntlessly towards the middle of the circle. Most people stared in wonder, but his teammates looked a little less-than-thrilled. G-Dragon had finally made his appearance. Although she didn’t point it out, Kumi had noticed that Min Ah had tensed up when she noticed the notorious leader of Big Bang had shown up to the venue. Could Min Ah possibly be hiding something about him?

G-Dragon smiled at the crowd while waiting for them to settle down once more. He snuck a peek at his teammates, who were all glaring at him. Shrugging, he continued to soak up the attention like he would soak up sun at the beach. Max requested for all of them to quiet down once more. The race would start as soon as both teams had appointed their racer of choice. After a quick discussion among teammates, the chosen drivers had been assigned.

Kim Hyun Joong stepped forward with a no-nonsense expression on his face. Big Bang’s choice, however, shocked the girls. Kang Daesung advanced forward with a cheery expression on his face. He nodded at Hyun Joong and both of them trudged towards their respective cars. The crowd parted like the Red Sea to let both cars through so they could start the race. Two dots, one red and one blue, played on the projector. Max explained that the red dot symbolized Daesung’s Mitsubishi Eclipse and the blue dot symbolized Hyun Joong’s Subaru Impreza.

The crowd gathered at the entrance to see them off. As soon as Sujin dropped the flags, both cars sped off in the blink of an eye. The dots seemed to be neck and neck. Taking her eyes off the screen, Kumi was surprised to see not Saerok sitting next to her, but a familiar-looking man. His body was built, but her attention was drawn to his eyes. She knew that he was in a race crew, but which one?

“I know how you won those poker chips,” he said, smiling mischievously.

Kumi’s heart stopped but she didn’t seem to show it. What was this guy going to do anyway? Tell on her? She decided to roll her eyes at him. “Your point?”

“I gotta say, pretty impressive. Who knew that a woman could deceive us so easily?”

Looking away, Kumi was focused on the projector screen again. Why couldn’t there be just one guy that wasn’t a total moron? Were they all this dense? It made her miss her boyfriend even more. He was one of the only reasons she was here. No, he was the only reason she was here. Shame on her for even thinking he was remotely cute!

“I didn’t mean it like that! What I meant to say was that—that—” he struggled to reword the phrase.

“Kumi, is he bothering you?” asked Hyun Ae, giving the boy her signature death glare.

Her stern gaze certainly looked like it worked up a sweat on the boy as he looked away nervously. Smirking, she pulled up a chair next to Kumi. The dots were now approaching the third turn. Noticing that he and Kumi weren’t alone anymore, a slight frown appeared on the boy’s face.

“We were just fine, thank you very much!” the boy said with an annoyed expression. He looked over at Kumi, who was as expressionless as ever, checking her cell phone. Hyun Ae’s eyes narrowed at him.

“Then why are you acting so jumpy, hmmm? It’s not like you and my dongsaeng were talking about something important, now, were you?”

Realizing that this conversation was bound to get nowhere, the boy got up and left. Kumi and Hyun Ae exchanged triumphant glances. However, Kumi was curious. Who was that boy? She put aside a mental note in the back of her mind to ask Min Ah about that later. It was only out of curiosity, she told herself. Both girls watched as the race began to draw to a close. The red dot was quite a distance ahead of the blue one; it was obvious as to who was going to win. After all, Big Bang wasn’t considered one of the top racing crews for nothing.

Moments passed and a silver Eclipse raced past the finish line in a blur, followed by the screeching of tires. Cheers could be heard from throughout the parking structure and nearly everyone exited to congratulate the winner. The girls were caught up in the rush of the win and soon, both racers and spectators alike were in high spirits, aside from the members of SS501. The race might have been over, but the night was still young. That was when it was decided that another night would be spent in Torque. The girls, save Soo Jin, had grown to love its mysterious atmosphere and surprisingly enthralling party scene.

The dance floor was packed and bodies were moving to the latest club mix. Drinks spilled and laughter echoed. The people at the bar were swaying from side to side, trying to rid their heads of the pulsating beat that enveloped the club. Hyun Ae herself was having a grand time on the dance floor, taking advantage of the night. She felt herself move in a natural rhythm and suddenly, she found herself dancing with a guy that she hadn’t even met before.

He moved with a fluid motion and left her entranced, causing her to want to come back for more. Their bodies moved against each other and didn’t stop all night. He kept his hands on her hips at all times and she had no choice but to stay by his side. Who knew that racers knew how to move like this? She was almost sorry that she had to leave the club. She didn’t even get his name.

Hyun Ae yawned loudly as she threw her stilettos on the floor of her bedroom, not caring where they landed. It was 3:28 in the morning and she remembered that she had to get up early in the morning for a doctor’s appointment. Why did she schedule it at that time again? Groaning, she began rub her eyes sleepily. She would need to set a timer on her cell phone for the appointment. She knew full well that she would sleep way past 8 AM tomorrow morning if she didn’t set an alarm.

She absentmindedly started thinking about what to order at the coffee shop tomorrow morning. Did she even have enough money for a coffee? Hyun Ae grabbed shorts to search for her wallet when she felt a lump in . All four pockets turned out empty. Her hands started sweating and she felt like screaming. Cursing under her breath, she closed her eyes as she realized something. Someone had stolen her wallet.

 

█ author's note;

Sorry for the wait everyone! We got a little lazy for a bit! xD Check out our other stories! We started one-shot series that help us get away from these main stories when we need a break! ^^ 

Read our stories here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/3768/grim-goodbye-2am-2pm-beast-bigbang-horror-korean-mblaq - Grim Goodbye [Rated]

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/4551/music-to-my-ears-2pm-beast-bigbang-dbsk-mblaq-shinee-superjunior - Music to my Ears

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/4547/bouncing-off-the-walls-2pm-beast-bigbang-dbsk-kpop-mblaq-superjunior - Bouncing Off The Walls

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! :D

█ ending crap;
→ musicchibi
→ 11:02pm
→ listening to: I Am Hated by Slipknot [be warned, its a screamo song]