Chapter 5- 환상의 고통, 진정한 사랑- Phantom Pain, True Love

The Powers That Be

 

sorry for the late update

real world got in the way

i hate the real world

so here is the story

___________

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the men in front of him and leaned into Jongin’s reassuring weight. 

 

The men looked at each other as if debating something. One stepped forward but was stopped by a click and hiss from the darkly clad comrade behind him. 

 

They seemed to work something out then with a hiss they dissipated like smoke in a storm.

 

Luhan blinked and then looked back.

 

Everyone was silent for a long time before Minseok asked

 

“Did we scare them?” 

 

“No.” Jong Dae said surly, casting Minseok a look and a small eye roll. 

 

Kyungsoo started to giggle uncontrollably and before long everyone was laughing, even Wufan cracked a small smile and raised his eyebrows.

 

The relief flooded their veins like liquid, leaving them weak kneed and chuckling. 

 

“So what the heck was that?” asked Jongin, after they had gotten their breath back, everybody looked at Sehun.

 

“What, this time I seriously don't know a single thing!” Sehun said casting a look at the group who seem to be looking at him in interest.

 

“Yeah, but the other You did, the other Sehun.” Said Zitao looking at his newly healed hand and nodded thankfully towards Yixing who just smiled slightly. 

 

“Yes, well he isn’t me. I don't even remember what he said.” Sehun said 

 

“Can you asked him?” questioned Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at the boy reproachfully.

 

“He tried to kill Sehun last time he was here. Why would we want him back?”

 

“Thats true.” Luhan said stepping in front of Sehun.

 

“We need to think of a plan.” Joonmyun said slowly and looked at Sehun coming over and resting a hand on his shoulder.

 

“None of this is your fault, we aren’t asking you to bring that... person... back.”

 

Sehun nodded and Jongin walked in the middle looked them and smiled.

 

“So we going back to the apartment?” asked Jongin.

 

“No, I have a better idea.” Wufan stepped forward and glanced at the rest of them.

 

“Do you guys remember the basement connecting to our apartment it use to be a gym, but when we rented out the apartments it was closed down. Technically we own it for use as well. Lets go there.”

 

“Why?” asked Luhan.

 

“We can practice using our ‘powers’ and get greater control.” Zitao said catching on to Wufan and nodding with compliance. 

 

“Can we do this tomorrow, its been a long day.” Yixing said tiredly.

 

Jongin nodded, steeped forward and looked at the rest to the group.

 

“Everyone get close.” Jongin concentrated and then stilled as someone put a hand on his shoulder, but this hand was somehow different, it was warm to him and he could tell it was Sehun. 

 

With a small snap and a drift of smoke the group was gone.

 

                                                                       +++

 

Sehun stood tall waiting for the man below him to finally die, he had been clinging to life for a few minutes and it was now getting annoying. 

 

“You’ll regret this!” The man spat, his black hair falling to the side. 

 

Sehun leaned down and smiled almost dispassionately 

 

“Oh I don't think I will.” 

 

There was a sickening slice and the mans head rolled at his feet.

 

He bent down and picked the head up by the hair, making sure not to get blood on his uniform as he walked away from the trunk of the man and whipped a gust of wind to signal the completion of his task. 

 

“Good work.” 

 

Came a voice and Sehun turned to see Kai had brought the half group, they where split up during missions to K and M. 

 

Suho, the leader, was the one who had spoken his slick hair mirror like and his glassy eyes reveling the water in him like it had been explicitly told to you.

 

 Next to him was D.O. he looked at Sehun and raised an eyebrow hesitantly but stopped halfway through the expression, looking at the body his eyes glowed and the ground shook, a crack splitting the earth and pulling in the body. 

 

“Efficient wind use.” Baekhyun said walking over, his hand jiggling from the bracelets he wore they helped control his power: light.

 

“He was bothersome” Sehun snapped wind kicking up and Baekhyun moved back. 

 

While they all seemed equal in power, some had more sadistic ways of using it, Sehun, the youngest, being the top of that list. 


“Sehun?” Came a voice, Sehun turned to see Chanyeol standing there with a look on his face.

 

“Yes.”

 

“You didn't have to kill him, you know.” The fire user said uncomfortably and Sehun looked at him with a smile.

 

“I know.”

 

+++

 

“Kai, Stop.” Sehun said rolling his head to the side, Kai closed in. The training room was empty and Kai was invading his personal space just like he did every practice.

 

“Training is over.”

 

“My point, exactly.” Sehun said and Kai closed the distance. 

 

“The rest of the day is ours.” Kai said into Sehuns neck, the feel of his lips made Sehun tremble and his eyes slide to half mast.

 

“And what are you going to do with so much time?” Asked Sehun in a deadpan voice, almost emotionless. 

 

Kai smiled and bit down on Sehuns neck, Sehun breathed in quickly before pushing Kai off. 

 

Sehuns eyes glowed a soft whitish blue and wind gathered at his feet. 

 

If you can catch me, my day off is yours.” Sehun said and a gust of wind whipped out, pushing Kai back.

 

 Kai stumbled and then smiled eyes turning black as he dissipated and appeared next to Sehun.

 

 The boy responded by whipping up and wall of wind and forcing it to pushing himself back, feet skidding over the marble floor and stopped only when he ran into a hard chest.

 

 Hands encircled his waist and a chin rested on his shoulder as Kai spoke into his ear.

 

“You challenged a teleporter to a game of tag, and I though you where smart.”

 

“I said ‘If you can catch me’ not if you can tag me.” Sehun responded and there was a rushing sound as Kai was swept off his feet and Sehun was on top of him.

 

“Good thing I can catch you though.” Sehun said leaning down and pressing his forehead to Kai’s head and Kai looked at him with almost feral eyes. 

 

“You're lucky you’re so good looking otherwise I'd teleport out from under you so fast not even that whiplash wind you have would help you.” Kai said referring to a tactic used by Sehun in battle. 

 

Sehun smiled and leaned down.

 

“Want to test that?” 

 

Sehun smirked but was stopped by gentle lips on his, he smiled into the kiss and leaned further, only to be flipped onto his back and pinned by Kai who leaned in a nibbled on Sehun bottom lip.

 

“Defiantly...but we can do that later.” Kai said and leaned in for another kiss.

 

“Your room?” Asked Sehun.

 

“My room...now.” 

 

Kai leaned in and the floor dropped away in a flash of smoke and Sehun was suddenly pressed into sheets and he grinned and raised his eyes to Kai who smiled.

 

“We did have the whole day off right?”

 

Sehun looked up into dark eyes and nodded, a slow smile sliding across his face.

 

+++

 

Sehun woke up with a start breathing hard and skin sensitive. 

 

He pushed his head into his hands and savagely ran his fingers through his hair as if the motion could erase the dreams, or memories from his head. 

 

Yet even if they did they would not stop the feeling, the tugging on his chest like a string. 

 

It was so tight and painful. 

 

Sehun curled in on himself and whimpered as the phantom pain ran through his heart chilling the arteries and setting the veins on fire. 

 

Besides the phantom pains, Sehun hurt. 

 

Even though Yixing had healed him he sill felt like he had recovered from a particularly brutal marathon. 

 

His head ached, as well. 

 

Oh god he was turning into a hypochondriac

 

No he was just a weird boy who had very compromising dreams and feelings about his friend.

 

“I am having ual fantasies that aren't mine, that might have actually happened about my friend. Anything else you want to dump on me. Cancer? Tumor? Long lost sibling?”

 

 Sehun yelled up only to turn and see Jong Dae standing there with a spoon half way between his mouth and bowl.

 

“Wow.”

 

“Jong Dae you say a word I swear to god I will sic Luhan on you!”

 

“O-kay...so you fantasizing about Jongin?”

 

“What...How....Am I that obvious?” Asked Sehun falling short and putting his head din his hands.

 

“Yep, well its not like he doesn't look at you the same way he does. He also his lips when he sees something he likes, he his lips when he is around you...I think he develops dry mouth...he  defiantly has dry mouth.”

 

“What the?! Really Jong Dae.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“It was rhetorical, I was being sarcastic.”

 

“Oh,” Jong Dae crunched on his cereal and then walked closer. “ and just so you know the lock to his room is broken.”

 

“You are sick and twisted”

 

“But I am not ually frustrated.”

 

“ Go yourself.”

 

“Oh I don't have to, someone does that for me.”

 

Sehun opened his mouth the shut it, then opened it again before closing it. Jong Dae winked and walked out. 

 

“I need new friends.” 

 

                                                                       +++

 

Sehun had skipped ‘power practice’ his head hurt too much and his chest hurt even more, not that he admitted that but somehow with Yixing looking at him with an almost pitying look, he couldn’t help feel like some already knew. 

 

Sehun rolled on his bed and turned away from the door, he was fully dressed and had make his bed so he was laying on the covers as he stared out his bay window.  

 

“Sehun.” 

 

Sehun closed his eyes as the tugging in his chest intensified and didn't roll to face the voice but responded with.

 

“Jongin.”

 

“Are you okay?” The boy asked walking closer to sehun who looked briefly over his shoulder and fixed him with a dark eyed stare. 

 

“Do I look okay?” before he rolled back

 

Jongin looked at him and took in the pallid skin, messy bed head, rumpled sheets and slightly chapped lips. 

 

He wanted to say ‘you look beautiful’ but refrained and instead came closer and lightly pushed Sehun to the side and slowly laid down next to him

 

Sehun went still as he felt Jongin lay down next to him and move close so his left arm was brushing his back. 

 

“To me you always look good. But that’s not what you are asking is it?”

 

“No jongin, that was not what I was asking.”

 

“Maybe hypothetically you where asking ‘Do I emotionally seem drained and ed over?’”

 

“Maybe”

 

“And maybe you where hypothetically saying ‘ I look like I want to see you now?’”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“And even maybe you where saying ‘Why did I have to fall in love with him?’”

 

 Jongin leaned in whispering in Sehuns ear.

 

 Sehun stiffened and trembled at the hot breath ghosting over his neck.

 

“Hypothetically why would you ask that.” Sehuns question wavered.

 

“Because it’s what I think every time I look at you”

 

“Hypothetically?”

 

Jongin just slowly pulled Sehun over so they where facing and he looked in the boys eyes.

 

 Before pulling Sehun in for a gentle chaste kiss. 

 

Sehun let himself linger on Jongins mouth their breath mingling before pulling away only to have him wrap lean arms around him and pull him close till their chest touched.

 

“Your smooth...” Sehun said slowly.

 

“Hm glad you think so...Jong Dae told me to come here.”

 

Sehun gaped and looked at Jongin who smiled with one of those killer ‘tainted love’ smiles

 

“It’s always the quiet ones.”

 

At that moment they heard a clatter and a soft swear as ten pairs of feet ran down the hall. Along with an evil almost diabolical laugh. Apparently the others had gotten back.

 

 Jongin raised an eyebrow and Sehun looked between the door and the boy on his bed.

 

“Thank god you’re smoother then they where.”

 

“Ah well...”

 

Jongin smiled and moved closer running his hands down Sehuns arms.

 

“Hypothetically speaking do you think I could get another kiss.”

 

“To Hell with hypothetical!” Sehun said and gabbed Jongins shirt and dragged him down to his lips. 

 

They where unaware of the chaos they had caused in the kitchen, and the boy with the symmetrical features who was now collecting 60 bucks on a bet he had won.

 

Yes, it was always the quiet ones.