Chapter 1-순간 이동-Teleportation

The Powers That Be

 

 

 

Sehun looked up from his duffle bag, his hair sticking up at odd angles, as he had been bending over to see something. The group had gone ahead to celebrate a concert well done, and Sehun had stayed behind.

 

 He really didn’t mind going out as much as people though, and for that matter he was quite different from what people thought about him. 

 

He peeled off his jacket and stuffed it in the bag, glancing at the wall of mirrors opposite him, wall length and clear as crystal he could see his reflection, he his lips feeling a slight scar and turned around sighing as he saw the door was closed. 

 

Walking to the exit, duffle bag slung over one shoulder and pushed with his free hand on the bar. The door didn't budge much to Sehun’s annoyance. He blinked and considered kicking the door with an impassive look on his face, but decided against it, he needed his feet to dance. 

 

Looking to the left Sehun walked that way and turned down a hallway, it was not well lit and the grey concrete did nothing for the brightness. 

 

The back way out was completely different from the front, Sehun was usually the only one who used this hallway to leave, but tonight he felt as if an ominous chill hung in the air. 

 

Walking forward, he took three rights and then turned to the last stretch only to see the hallways halogen lights where out, making the gloomy presence of the wall downright imposingly scary. 

 

Dring,dring,dring.

 

Sehun jumped sky high as his phone rung, clicking it open he answered quickly.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Sehun where are you?” asked a cheerful voice over background noise, Sehun sighed in relief realizing it Luhan who was on the line.

 

“Back at the studio, I'll be there shortly.” Sehun said quietly and walked at a fast pace down the dark hallway slamming open the back door into the street, the red brick and night air a balm to his frayed senses. Sehun then looked down the alley way and out onto the a large open square.

 

“What? Seriously, come on you always say that but never come.”

 

“I promise I'll be there.” Sehun placated and turned to the square.

 

 On the other end of the phone Luhan seem to be having trouble and then a myriad of voices broke through the phone nearly deafening poor Sehun, who pulled the phone away from his ear like he’d been scalded. 

 

“Who you talking to?”

 

“Oh is it Sehun?”

 

“Hi Sehun!”

 

“Oh my god, look at that! Is that a spider?!”

 

“What?! Where?!”

 

“Right there!”

 

“No thats to big to be a spider!”

 

“Oh my GOD! It Is!”

 

  Sehun looked at the phone as if it had grown a tail, then shook his head, not having the heart to hang up he simple held the phone away from his tender ear and continued to walk. 

 

Sehun...

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and looked at the phone.

 

“What guys?” he asked 

 

“We didn't say anything.” Said Luhan who seemed to be preoccupied with the spider, Sehun frowned, then who had..? 

 

Sehun...

 

 Whipping round Sehun came face to face with Jongin, who was standing there staring at him as if he had returned from the grave.

 

“My god Jongin, don't scare me like that.” Said Sehun placing and hand to his forehead. 

 

“What did I do to scare you?” said a brooding voice over the phone, over the phone! Sehun froze brain skipping a beat as he met the strangers eyes. 

 

They were not Jongins eyes. 

 

“Holy...” Sehun trailed off and backed up hoping to put as much distance as possible between the stranger and himself, the man matched him step for step, his features an almost gruesome mimicry of his friends. 

 

“Sehun is something wron-” The line was cut short as the man ahead of Sehun dissipated in a  flash of smoke and reappeared in front of Sehun noses touching only to have the phone smacked out of his hand and sent spinning across the square, it landed with a  crunch and the now worried voices of his friends sounded miniscule. 

 

“Your not...Jongin” Sehun said, stepping back and taking in the mans attire, it was a deep black jacket over a similarly colored black shirt. Metal studs ran along the shoulders and a silver belt with the Exo insignia ran along his waist line.

 

 The pants where ripped, though not as a fashion statement more like it was unintentional and the closer Sehun looked the more he could see blood seeping through the fabric. 

 

“No, I'm Kai.” The man said staring Sehun down with blank dark eyes, almost obsidian, something he hadn't noticed about Jongins eyes, maybe it was because under that brooding exterior Jongin was actually a nice guy, a little crazed, but nice.

 

 This man standing in front of him though looking like his friend could not have a more different air, like he was a danger, like he was empty.

 

“Why, what do you want?” asked Sehun his voice shaking a little. 

 

“You do look just like him, right down to the scar on your lip.” Said Kai and Sehun’s hand automatically flew to his lip the scar. 

 

“What..”

 

“Listen I don't have the time for this, I have to give you something, and these things will protect you from the storm ahead, but just promise me no matter what you will stay alive. One world without you...is enough.” With that Kai handed him 12 pendents, Sehun blinked and made his unresponsive hand close around them and Kai smiled.

 

“Good, make sure you give these to the others, the pendents will chose.” Kai said and then his brown furrowed as a wave of what looked like clear energy shook his body. 

 

Sehun was suddenly forced to bare his weight as Kai collapsed against him.

 

“The hourglass finally broke, thank you Tao.” Kai breathed, blood bubbling to his lips much to Sehun horror and the grabbed Sehuns shoulders forcing Sehun to look him in his eyes, which where Jongin’s, but not Jongin’s.

 

“Never ask for forgiveness, not to anyone and especially not me.” With that Kai leaned in and pressed a searing kiss into Sehuns lips, Sehun stopped his breath catching as he was overwhelmed by déjà vu, why, he and Jongin never kissed..so why?

 

 He was pulled into the kiss and it made his light headed.

 

Kai pulled back and slipped a small silver chain over Sehuns neck, the chain held a pendent like everyone else's.

 

“Remember what I said.” Kai breathed pressing his forehead against Sehuns and smiling as tears gathered in his eyes un shed but there.

 

“You really are him.” Then with a whooshing sound like vortex, Kai flashed into black and grey smoke and disappeared. 

 

Leaving and thunderstruck Sehun, with only swollen lips and 11 necklaces. 

 

Reaching down Sehun looked at his own piece of jewelry, it showed and symbol but he couldn’t focus and slowly slid to his knees. 

 

“What was he crying about?” sehun said stupidly and looked at his hands before crumpling to the ground  unconscious

                                                                    +++

 

  Luhan stared at the phone for a moment after yelling at gotten him no where. Breathing hard he jumped to his feet and rushed to the door leaving half the group looking after him in confusion.

 

“What's wrong?” asked Joonmyun 

 

“I don't know, I was talking to Sehun when it sounded like he saw someone and the phone suddenly was... I think it was knocked out of his hands.” Said Luhan grabbing his jacket and looking at the rest of the guys who seemed surprised.

 

“I’m going to check on him.” Said Luhan and Joonmyun shook his head.

 

“No, no its getting late we need to be back soon, and we walk past the dance studio anyway, we’ll go together, come one guys.” 

 

The rest of them nodded and rose to their feet, but Luhan didn't wait.

 

“I'm running I'll catch up with you later!” He was off before anyone could disagree, Joonmyun swore and was about to follow when Jongin flashed pasted him, sprinting after Luhan. 

 

                                                                   +++

  

  Luhan realized he might be over thinking things, after all maybe the call had just dropped, but he doubted it.

 

“So, why did he think I was there?” Asked a voice, Luhan slowed for a second before speeding up.

 

“I don't know Jongin, but he seemed scared.” Luhan said rounding the last street before the studio Jongin was hot on his tail as they both made it the front. 

 

The building was dark with no lights and in the night it seemed pallid and deserted, unlike in the day where its high white was and windows where bright.

 

 Now the building seemed like a forewarning, be maybe it was due to the situation.

 

“Did he tell you where he was?” Asked Jongin and Luhan shook his head and whipped out his phone rounding the building towards the back. 

 

The normally bustling plaza was dark and only the trickling of the fountain could be heard until.

 

Dring,dring,dring.

 

Luhan jerked his head up and cast a glance at Jongin, who’s eyes widened just a bit and  they both leaped down and around following the annoying sound of an old phone ringing.

 

 Luhan found the phone almost smashed against the ground over by the wooden benches and picked it up, hitting end call.

 

“Over here!” Luhan turned to see Jongin about 15 feet away, though it was hard to even see that in the darkness. 

 

Turning he ran, and stopped dead. 

 

Laying on the ground illuminated by Jongin’s phones light was an unconscious Sehun, his hair was messed in odd angles, and his normally impassive face was draw in as if he was seeing something he didn't want to. 

 

Also there was blood smearing his lips and cheek.

 

“Oh god...I’m calling an ambulance.” Luhan whipped out his phone but was stopped by Jongin who pulled the fellow group member into his lap holding his head and peering at his mouth.

 

“The blood isn't his, there aren’t any wounds, and its not on his teeth, so there’s no internal bleeding. Seems like someone bled on him.” Jongin continued to check for markings, or messed up clothes, but upon finding none he conclude.

 

“Looks like he fainted form shock.” Luhan was about to protest when he saw something glinting in Sehun’s hands. Reaching down he gathered up eleven necklaces and held them to the light. 

 

They where almost dog tag like, but rather with no rounded edges just sharp corners, each had a symbol and on the back a name, though the names where to small to see in the little light. 

 

Rinnngggg.rinnngggg

 

Luhan looked at his phone and then picked it up.

 

“Where are you guys?” asked Joonmyun over the phone, he sounded worried.

 

“Around in the square...” Luhan trailed off almost dropping the phone when Jongin shook Sehun.

 

“Stop that he might be injured and you don't know it.”

 

“Or he could have just fainted.” Replied Jongin with a quirked eyebrow. 

 

“Stop arguing with me!” Snapped Luhan.

 

“What happened, who's hurt?” Asked Joonmyun.

 

“Sehun, we found him laying on the ground and we can’t seem to wake him up.”

 

“Oh , we’ll be there soon.” With that Joonmyun hung up and Luhan bent down hoping to see his friend move beyond the rise and fall of his chest. 

 

“Luhan where are you?” Yelled a voice and Luhan straightened.

 

“Over here, by the fountain!”

 

The thudding of footsteps alerted Jongin to the presence of the rest of the group, who stopped in various states of shock.

 

“What the hell happened?” Asked Wufan, leaning down next to Jongin.

 

“We don't know we just found him like this, holding these weird tags.” Luhan showed them the necklaces and they gathered around. 

 

Suddenly the necklaces glowed a florescent blue and Luhan dropped then, they clattered to the floor only to bounce in different directions. 

 

One with a unicorn symbol on it clinked towards Yixing, who normally spry on his feet, tripped and fell on his .  


Another with a snowflake like symbol bounced toward Minseok who jumped back and let out a yell as the necklace was dragged after him, like he was a magnet. 

 

“Why is it following me?!” He yelled while running in a circle, the overall effect was very comical but to Minseok, who was being chased by the reigned necklace, it was anything but funny. 

 

Kyungsoo backed away from his yelling, “No one touch them!”

 

“We're trying!” Exploded Jong Dae, who was backpedaling furiously trying to get out of reach of the possessed thing. 

 

Luhan watched the chaos around him, and then looked at the necklace rest at his feet, he then turned his eye to Sehun who was still out cold in Jongin arms. He then noticed the pendent resting on his friends chest.

 

“Guys, calm down!” Shouted Wufan, who was slowly backing away from his own necklace. 

  

“I think they want us to put them on.” Said Baekhyun. Everyone looked at him like he was insane.

 

“And that is exactly what we’re not going to do!”  Joonmyun responded, trying to kick the pendent away from him but it was only having inverse effects. 

 

“Nothing happened to me.” Said a stoic voice, everyone looked at Jongin who was now wearing a thin chained pendent, which was no longer glowing and laying still against his bone.

 

“Oh My God! Are you crazy?!” Squealed Chanyeol, his height and slight awkwardness making it hard for him to run away.

 

“No, just tired of hearing you guys scream like girls.” Jongin said rolling his eyes. 

 

Luhan looked at the piece of jewelry at his feet and stooped to pick it up. When it touched his hand he felt a small shiver work its way down his spin, but then he slipped it over his neck and the feeling stopped.

 

“I think Jongin’s right after all they are just necklaces what can they do?” 

 

“Eat us!” Yelled Chanyeol, who was still hopping away from his necklace. 

 

“What if they’re messages from Satan?” Zitao remarked cooly making everyone turn to him with varying looks of shock on their faces.

 

“What? I mean they are glowing.” He said while bending down and picking his up, looping it over his head. 

 

“Great he says that, but then, he wears it!” Jong Dae recoiled once more from the silver thing following his sneakered feet.

 

“Lets just put them on and see what happens, Jongin, Luhan and Zitao are fine.” Pointed out Baekhyun, who retrieved his and donned it. 

 

The rest of the group, some reluctantly followed suit and let out relieved sighs when the necklaces stopped glowing and moving on their own accord. 

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, looking at group, then he felt the body move in his lap.

 

“Urghhh.” Sehun moaned, making the group turn to look at the almost conscious boy, as he turned in Jongins arms and opening his eyes, they where bleary and unfocused as he blinked. 

 

“Sehun?” Asked Luhan quietly and the boys eyes flashed to him then up at Jongin. His pupils dilated when he saw the boy holding him and he started trying to jumped away but only getting about halfway standing before his knees gave out and he slumped in Jongins arms again. 

 

“Sehun? What’s wrong?” Asked Chanyeol, Sehun just blinked widely and tried to move again this time Jongin let him and Luhan caught him, making sure he didn't fall.

 

“Jongin...Kai....” Sehun mumbled unintelligibly clinging close to Luhan who frowned. 

 

“Who did this.” He asked and Sehun just stared at Jongin who returned the look with a  raised eyebrow.

 

“Sehun!”

 

“I...I don't know!” He replied snapped out of his trance and then looking at Luhan.

 

“He...He looked like Jongin, but called himself Kai.” Everyone stopped at that revelation.

 

“It was dark could you have just mistaken him for Jongin?” Asked Kyungsoo asked big eyes even wider after this news.

 

“No, he was exactly the same, except his clothes and he was bleeding!” Sehun gasped, his fingers clenching into fists as he remembered the man who had stood before him.

 

“We know, you have blood on your mouth.” Said Luhan, and Sehun’s eyes flashed up and he blinked owlishly before his hands whipped up to his face and he touched his mouth. 

 

Luhan looked worriedly at the boy, he was acting strange his usual reserve gone and his eyes a little to saucer like for his comfort.

 

“Lets just go home okay, we’ll get you cleaned up there.” Kyungsoo calmed and helped Luhan lead the boy away, after picking up his bag. 

 

 The rest of the group was left standing there and then Wufan voiced what they all had been thinking.

 

“How did the blood get on his mouth?”