Chapter- 4-당신은 누구 요- Who are you?

The Powers That Be

 

 

 Jongin blinked as Sehun’s eyes went dark and he sat up looking around with a languid turn to take in the other boys who had stopped moving under the gaze. 

 

It was the type of gaze no one from this world could accomplish, it was a gaze that pinned you and made you feel only two inches high. 

 

“Sehun?” Chanced Jongin and Sehun turned and smiled with a slow exposer of the teeth.

 

“Yes?” He said and Jongin jumped back, Sehuns eyes had changed they swirled and looked as if a dust storm was caught in them. 

 

“Its not Sehun!” Jongin yelled and the boys all steeped back, Zitao got into a fighting stance and Minseok pushed Luhan behind him as he tried to run forward towards the new Sehun.

 

“Wow you’re a sharp one aren’t you, though not like Kai.” Sehun grinned like the Cheshire cat and stood a small wind whipping around his feet and rattling the doors in the apartment. 

 

Wufan stepped forward and pulled Jongin backwards, before saying.

 

“Okay, so who are you?”

 

“I am Sehun.” The man said smiling.

 

“But not our Sehun correct?” asked Wufan quizzically with an emotionless grin.

 

“Haha I like you, you’re like me, but yes I'm not your Sehun, I’m the other Sehun, I believe you saw me just a few minutes ago, you know bloody mirror.” Sehun smiled.

 

“Okay, so why are you here, and where is the real Sehun?”

 

“I’m here to warn you. Kai gave your Sehun the pendents and I expect you realize what they have given you. Power beyond belief for this and any world. I came as a warning, your pretty little concise world is going to fall partyou will be attacked and if you want to survive learn to use your powers better then we did, even though we lived and breathed them.”

 

“How are we supposed to be able to do that?” asked Zitao

 

“I would suggest becoming the power.”

 

“What are you?” asked Minseok

“Well, I'm not really anything, just a fragment of my mind, Sehun didn't go anywhere he just gave me a few moments. Not that he knows it.”

 

 The other Sehun stepped toward Wufan but wasn’t looking at him, rather he was staring at Jongin like he had personally stake in his being.

 

“Who is Kai?” Asked Jongin and the other Sehuns eyebrows shot to his hairline before he exploded into cackling laughter.

 

“He...He didn’t tell you, oh that is rich!”

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“That he knows you better then you do!” 

 

The other Sehun said and walked forward usinggust of wind to knock Wufan back. The Sehun that was there now leaned in close breath ghosting over Jongin’s cheek and whispered so no one could hear.

 

“Or maybe a better phrase would be ‘he knows your body better then you do’” 

 

Jongin stopped breathing as Sehun looked him in the eye and winked before they eyes changed back rolled up into his head an and fell to the floor unconceise.                                          

 

                                                                          +++

 

Sehun felt horrible, his head was banging and if felt like someone had stuffed cotton down his throat. Turning to the side he opened his eyes and saw Jongin sitting in a chair next to his bed staring at him.

 

“Oh my god!” Sehun yelled and sat up causing his head to bang like someone had taken a mallet to it. He groaned and bent over feeling his stomach flip and bubbled up.

 

“Easy, easy.”  Jongin said and put a hand on Sehuns back. Sehun almost flinched at the contact.

 

“So when where you going to tell us...tell me?” Asked Jongin and Sehun looked sideways at him through a veil of brown hair.

 

“What?” 

 

“What is going on! No one knows anything...except you!” Jongin said and Sehun blinked in something akin to fear. 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don't be sorry just tell me what happened.”

 

“I started having these dreams, they were more like memories though, so vivid. It was all of us but we...we were in a world full of dark skies and power and...hate. We were all there and we were all powerful. I think we military, or peace keepers of some kind but in the end, we all died.”

 

“What? How?” Jongin asked looking at Sehun who was staring at his fingers like they where the most complex things in the world. 

 

“Well, I don't know for sure if everyone died, but...” Sehun trailed off with a film cover his eyes unshed tears.

 

“But?”

 

“I know I did. I died in your arms.” Sehun said so softly Jongin could barely hear.

 

“Oh...” Jongin said rocking back, eyes wide

 

“Yeah ‘Oh,' you were called Kai in the other world and we...”

 

“We what?”

 

“Its nothing.” Sehun looked down to the side and Jongin blinked and moved in closer.

 

“The Sehun we met last night, he said something strange.”

 

“What?” Sehun gasped looking up, his eye owlishly wide.

 

“He said-”

 

“Oh My God! Sehun!” Yelled Luhan as he burst through the door with Baekhyun and Chanyeol in tow. 

 

“Hi Luhan.” Sehun said with a slight smile and broke eye contact from Jongin, the feeling of his eyes still lingered on his neck. 

 

“Are you okay?” Asked Luhan hugging him and sitting down on the bed. Sehun nodded as the rest of the boys piled in the small room and sat in various places.

 

“Well, we have to figure this out, I think we should take the warning the other Sehun gave us very seriously.” Wufan said with a glint in his eye. They all felt the words weight heavy like a iron block above their hearts, cold and dragging them towards what lay beyond the floor.

 

Everybody nodded and then Kyungsoo looked back and asked.

 

“Guys, where is Zitao?” 

 

“He went to the store, right?” Asked Jong Dae who was glancing at his nails.

 

“Yes, but that was like three hours ago.” Kyungsoo said and Sehun sat up blinking.

 

“What did the other me say? ‘You will be attacked’ right? Did he say when?” 

 

“Soon.” Joonmyun said and everyone froze as there was a vibration in Wufan pocket, Wufan looked down and pulled out his black phone and flipped it open.

 

“Hello?”

 

“HELP!” Came a small electronic voice and Wufan stiffened.

 

“Zitao?!” 

 

“Help...! Get off m-” There was a buzzing sound as the phone cut off. Wufan looked up and said.

 

“I’ll go first you fallow behind, Joonmyun make sure you keep everyone together!” Wufan said before slamming out the door and going to the bottom floor and running out the door. 

 

“Why are all our phone calls bad news just once I would like it to be a telemarketer.” Jong Dae said with a shake of his head.

 

                                                                    +++ 

 

Zitao slowed down glancing over his shoulder and cursing once again, the man was still following him but now there where about four in the group and Zitao didn't like the way this was going. 

 

Zitao took a quite turn now an alley toward a stone park he knew was ahead, he could loose them  in the streets between here and there and if he need to find his way home its easier to run through a park rather then streets. 

  Zitao sped up as he realized that the men where indeed following him and that they looked like bad news with dark clothes baseball caps that shadowed their faces and heavy jackets. He rounded a corner and kicked off the wall and sped into the park hoping to lose them. 

 Zitao ripped out his phone and hit number one on sped dial. Wufan's. 

 

“Hello.” Came the emotionless voice and Zitao gasped into the phone as he rounded a park bench.

 

“HELP!”

 

“Zitao?!” The voice was startled and a hint of fear bled through the phone.

 

“Help...! Get off m-” Zitao yelled as one the men grabbed him and the phone slipped from his hand and was smashed under foot.

 

“Goddamn it that was a new friggin' phone.” Zitao yelled and turned lifting his foot in a high kick and smashing the man face into the pavement and landing catlike on his feet

Zitao flipped his dark hair out of his face and lifted his lip in a snarl.

 

“You messed with the wrong black belt, !” 

 

  Zitao took first stance of defense and rolled his shoulders squaring his feet and preparing for the oncoming attack. 

 

The dark men did not disappoint, one lunged at Zitao right side and the other two went around back. Zitao aimed a punch at the first man and acrobatically pushed through pulling up his legs and swiping downward catching the other two men in the knees and bringing them down. 

 

Suddenly someone was ripping him up by the hair, Zitao growled in anger at the dirty trick and then felt a chill. Hissing in pain he jerked away from the man holding him and felt a sharp pain on his side. 

 

Looking down he saw his navy shirt had been ripped and a deep wound was cut down his side. It looked as if he had stayed in the same place any longer he would have been drowning in his own blood, the man had aimed at his left lung which would cause his lung to fill with liquid and breathing would stop. 

 

“ER.” Zitao snarled in rage.

 

 If he had a weapon these guys would be out before they hit the pavement, but he didn't and they now where all removing knives, they looked wicked with curved blades and signs woven into the metal, each sign glowed as they where removed and the everything started to go dark. 

 

Zitao looked up ad saw the sky was being covered with clouds and he gulped as the sky took on a pale blue tint and everything turned gray. 

 

“What is going on?” He mumbled turning his eyes back to the men and steeping back as he realized they had taken off their coats and hats. 

 

Each man was the almost exactly the same, their black hair cut in hacked disarray and there skin a pale color, like they had never seen a sunny day in their life or like they where from England. There eyes also glowed the same blue as the sky and the knives. 

 

Zitao breathed in and planted his feet and pulled up his hand ready for the next attack, if he avoided the knives he would be okay, if he didn’t he was a goner. 

 

The men rushed him and he leaped back warding off a knife with his bare hand wincing as it cut in the meaty palm of his hand and hit bone. 

 

Many people would recoiled from the knife but it was better to have his arms and hands cut up then his chest or more vital areas. 

 

He another jab and backpedaled, only to have one the guys stab at him forcing him closer to another man he was trying to avoid, cursing he stumbled and tried to roll so the knife didn't hit him, he was too late. 

 

“Zitao!” Yelled a voice as the man was slammed out of the way causing Zitao to fall uninjured to the pavement Wufan hovered a few feet off the ground holding the man before he dropped him and landed next to Zitao. 

 

“Are you alright?” Wufan asked, helping the boy to his feet. 

 

Zitao nodded thinking how dumb he was for not using his power he could have won that way!

 

“Wufan! Zitao!” Yelled a voice and they turned to see the men advancing on them but not before a huge gust of gale force wind knocked the men backwards and Jongin teleported with Sehun into the park. 

 

“Sehun, you’re okay!” Zitao said and Sehun nodded.

 

“Are you alright though?” Asked Sehun and Zitao nodded emphatically. 

 

“Guys!” Called a voice and they turned to see the rest of the gang run up from behind, Baekhyun was pulling at Chanyeol, who looked exhausted. Kyungsoo, Jong Dae, Minseok where cresting the hill, calling back to Joonmyun and Yixing who where trailing behind. 

 

“What happened?” Asked Baekhyun.

 

“They happened.” Snorted Zitao clutching at his hand, Sehun and the rest looked up to see their attackers. 

 

“What do you want?” Yelled Sehun across the gap using a slight breeze to carry his voice, the men looked at each other and one stepped forward. 

 

“You! All of you!” 

 

  The voice was a hissed sound and suddenly the mouths of the men deteriorated leaving exposed teeth and bone that clicked as they talked around blue tongues. Sehun jumped back and Jongin caught him and blanched at the men.

 

“What in the name of god is that?” Asked Luhan recoiling from his position next to Kyungsoo who was freaking out as his wider then saucer eyes attested, or was he just average, it was hard to tell with his owl like eyes. 

 

“Well, I guess we have to refuse your offer, thanks anyway.” Called Zitao who hand had been grabbed by Yixing whom on spot had started healing it. No one though the skeleton guys would tell anyone.

 

“Foolisssh” 

 

The man said again, his bare bone and teeth nicking together creating hissing sound, Sehun suddenly was uncontrollably angry.

 

“Foolish my ! Bring it on!” Sehun snarled and a circle of wind began at his feet expanding it ward ripping up plants and siphoning dust into the air.

 

 Jongin looked at Sehun who seemed beyond reason and then faced forward.

 

“For once, I'm agreeing with Sehuns tantrum!” 

 

Everybody froze.

 

“You are?!” Asked Sehun incredulously, Jongin nodded teleported closer to Sehuns side, nodding as he did so. 

 

“And I agree with both of them.”  Joonmyun said eyes narrowing and water collecting at his feet. Wufan looked between them and sighed.

 

“Why does this feel like a bad T.V drama? Fine I’m in!” Wufan glided up and hovered a few inches above the ground.

 

“Plus you pissed me off by hurting Zitao so-” Wufan cut himself off with a  shrug.

 

“They barley scratched me.”

 

“Shhh, he’s trying to be cool.” Whispered Luhan, well a close as he knew how to whisper but everyone heard and Wufan blinked. 

 

 Sehun stared the men down and then said, 

 

“If you can manage to take us down you can have us! Other wise.”

 

“We are gonna kick your !” Luhan finished and Sehun smiled at his petit friend who gave him a flamboyant wink. 

 

The men who's eyes seemed to glow more in response to there banding together, clicked their jaws and lined up all four menacing in there silence.

 

“Yeah all for one and one for all!” Minseok said running forward, tripping flat on his face, getting back up and standing tall next to his friends. 

 

“Dude...” Jong Dae said with a sad look on his face but was shushed by Kyungsoo.

 

“Let him have his glory.”

 

“He tripped”

 

“I know.”