Chapter 2-신체 상해-Mayhem

The Powers That Be

 

Chapter 2-신체 상해-Mayhem

 

  Sehun watched the two men fight with quite repose. Suho outstretched a hand making the water circling his feet lance up and slash at Kris who jumped backward and hovered in the air nimbly avoiding the deadly spray. 

 

“Come on, Can’t you do better?” Kris asked face emotionless and Suho grinned.

 

“Of course!” With a motion the water exploded upward and hit Kris knocking him almost to the ground, he caught himself in time and flipped pushing to the air with his feet making sure to aim a kick at Suho head before he was out of reach.

 

They both looked at each other making faces and then both where suddenly hit with a wave of heat as Chanyeol was thrown into the ring followed closely by Chen. 

 

There fight seemed more intense then nessisary as they wove their powers in ad out of the ring.Chen growled and flung out an arm, aiming an arch of lightening at the Chanyeol, who stumbled and fell unable to get his feet under him. 

 

The group all jumped up, knowing that a strike of lightening like that would seriously hurt Chanyeol, but before anyone could do anything a huge blast of wind ripped them both apart throwing them to opposite sides of the ring and swirling in the middle as Sehun jumped from his perch on the facade of he building and landed, cat like in his grace. 

 

“Are you trying to kill each other?” He asked impassively and both boys, still struggling to get their breath back mutely shook their heads. 

 

Every one was quite, Sehun very rarely used his powers and when he did, many could see it was not for a  lack of strength. 

 

“Sehun...” Called a voice and he glanced over his shoulder noticing Kai, leaning up against a pillar. 

 

“What?”

 

“Lets go.” Kai said narrowing his eyes as Sehun blinked but consented and moved toward the man, leaving the rest of the group looking on in silence. 

 

“What was that?” asked Kai, walking next to Sehun.

 

“What was what?” Sehun responded his quite voice anything but timid.

 

“You could have hurt them.”

 

“They could have hurt themselves, I wasn’t about to kill them, if I had wanted to, they would be dead.” Sehun said only to have Kai whip him around and slam him into a wall.

 

“I know that, but please, be more gentle when playing with others.” Kai nuzzled Sehun’s neck and Sehun rolled his head back granting him access to the skin there. 

 

“Why?”

 

“Because they’re older then you, and yo need to work on your passive aggressive streak?” Kai smiled into the smooth skin before biting it and relishing in the slight stiffening in Sehun’s spine, who looked down at him.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Playing with others, remember you need to work on your people skills.” Kai smiled and grabbed Sehun opening the door to his bedroom and letting the heavy door fall shut behind them. 

                                                                        +++ 

 

Sehun jerked up, his eyes flying wide. His breath rushed in and out, chest heaving he pressed a hand to his lips then his neck, feeling the phantom hands running across his skin. 

 

  Suddenly the door flew open and Jongin walked into the room hair messed and wearing only a loose pair of sweat pants. 

 

“Why are you yelling?” He asked deep voice clear in the early morning.

 

 Sehun took one look and felt his face heat up to the point he was probably cherry red. 

 

Sehun remembered the dream and what had happened with Jongin’s look alike Kai behind closed doors and while pleasurable for his other self, now only proved to be mortifying to Sehun.

 

Get out!” Sehun yelled, almost shrieking, tripping over his covers and hitting the floor as he tried to get out of bed and away from Jongin who was now looking at his room with a surprised expression on his face.

 

“What happened?” Jongin asked, his impassive face questioning.

 

Sehun took the time to look at his room and he gaped. 

 

The normally military neat room was destroyed. Papers, books and writing utensils where scattered around, shelves had fallen from the walls and the wall paper itself was torn in long lengthwise stripes. 

 

“Wha-” Sehun began but was cut short what Luhan ran into the room. Luhan looked at him, with eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

 

“Sehun, something is very wrong.” Luhan said and Sehun walked over, unsteadily. 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

AHHHHHHHHH!” Came a sudden voice as Chanyeol ran down the hallway outside their door, but what made Sehun gape was that Chanyeol was on fire. 

 

“Oh my god!” Sehun yelled and ran out into the hallway of the dorm rooms that was rented by the group. 

 

Luhan did as well waving a hand to get Sehun’s attention, only to have every door in the place slam shut and then open. Sehun stared at him on shock and started to ask something, but was interrupted by a very loud voice.

 

“Chanyeol Stop drop and roll!” screamed Baekhyun as he ran past Sehun, both his hands glowing like they had turned into flashlights. 

 

“I already tried that!” Chanyeol yelled back as he slammed face first into a door only to have Baekhyun trip over him and fly headlong into Wufan, who had come out of his room weary eyed to see what was going on, jumped to the side to avoid them. 

 

His feet left the ground and stayed that way not coming back down to the floor. 

 

“What the F-” Wufan was quickly awake and for once true surprise graced his features. 

 

Sehun gaped and turned to see Minseok running out of his room a trail of frost following him, Minseok tried to the push the door further open only to freeze his hand to the door knob.

 

This caused him to sling forward before slinging back and knocking into Kyungsoo who stumbled backward and each time his feet connected with the floor the ground cracked and trembled. 

 

“Guys what the hell is happening?” yelled Zitao, who walked out of his room with Yixing and Joonmyun in tow. 

 

Jong Dae also walked out of his room sparks arching from his hands, hair frizzed beyond belief and an expression of terror on his face.

 

“Help!” Yelled Chanyeol who was up and running round again still on fire and slamming into things, Joonmyun yelped and made a move to grab him only to have a wave of water explode out of nowhere and douse Chanyeol who was slammed back and grabbed the banister which broke.

 

Everybody yelled. 

 

The fall was two stories at best, and at best Chanyeol would survive with a broken leg at worst he wouldn’t survive at all.

 

STOP!” yelled Zitao, and everything did, everything froze mid air, Chanyeol the droplets of water and the banister. 

 

Jongin took this chance to snap his finger dissipating and a flash of smoke reappearing next to Chanyeol grabbing him and pulling him back Zitao seemed to snap out of his trance and time restarted allowing the banister to fall, clanging to the bottom of the apartment. 

 

  Sehun looked at all of them and then focused on Jongin, who had used the same power as Kai. 

 

“Sehun?” Luhan walked closer only to have Sehun collapse to the floor, legs no longer bale to hold him. 

 

“Whoa, Sehun?!”

 

“Kai, just like Kai...” Sehun shook lightly staring at Jongin who was standing next to Chanyeol, who was no longer on fire but that did not stop Baekhyun from flitting around the taller boy making sure. 

 

“Guys what just happened?” asked Yixing 

 

“I don't know.” Responded Kyungsoo who looked at the cracked ground hoping it would stay solid. 

 

“Sehun look at me! Calm down.” Luhan grabbed Sehun, drawing the others attention. They turned to see Luhan kneeling next to Sehun who had pressed his hand to his head like he was in pain. 

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Luhan and Sehun’s eyes flashed open and a sound could be heard coming from the stairs.

 

“Everything! Everything is Wrong.” He yelled and suddenly a huge gust of wind exploded up the stairs making everyone stumble and Sehun placed his hands over his eyes face crumpling, wind dying.  

 

“What do we do?” asked Minseok who seemed to be taking his hurt face pretty hard.

 

“Guys calm down. We can figure this out.” Baekhyun who was standing close to Chanyeol. 

 

“Yeah, lets rationalize.” Said Wufan and everyone looked at him, eyebrows raised.

 

“Well, if Wufan is being positive we gutta figure this out.” Zitao remarked and sat down next to Sehun patting his back. 

                                                                       +++

 

These powers, as much as they scared the boys, left them with a certain elation, they where hell bent on not letting them run out of control again and it showed in the careful way they went about things.

 

After much debate the group decided to go to the studio act like nothing was wrong and pray that no one found out how much had changed for them in a single night. No one wanted to deal with public transport so they walked. 

 

  Luhan decided to stay close to Sehun he seemed more fragile lately, especially around Jongin who was, as always, oblivious to the fact. 

 

“So guys...” trailed in Baekhyun about half way there, everyone looked at him as he slowed down.

 

“Where did the necklaces go?” 

 

  Everyone paused and looked at their necks, releasing that the pendents where indeed gone. 

 

Then all the boys looked at each other slowly.

 

“I told you they where going to eat us!” yelled Chanyeol at an impossibly high decibel, Baekhyun walked over to comfort the taller boy.

 

“Guys calm down there is nothing to worry about, we just have to stay positive.” Wufan grinned at them. Then sauntered away whistling a happy tune.

 

 Everyone froze, masks of horror on their faces.

 

“We are all gonna die...” Kyungsoo said

 

“Oh my god...” Chanyeol said eyes almost as big as Kyungsoo’s.

 

“Its invasion of the body snackers!” Whispered Minseok who looked scared.

 

“You mean body snatchers, Minseok.”  Joonmyun said patting the boys head.

 

“A natural disaster just happened somewhere.” Said Jongin with a causal raise of the eyebrow.

 

“Holy , if Wufan is positive we are already six feet under! Should that be the eighth wonder of the world?” Asked Yixing who had been quite until now.

 

“Its over...” Sehun remarked and Luhan nodded mutely in agreement.

 

“Maybe he likes emotional distress like, you know, a closet masochist?” Jong Dae asked, everyone looked at him and considered. 

 

“No, I think is a prophecy of doom and despair.” Baekhyun said, everyone nodded slowly. 

 

  After the boys had caught up to Wufan who was now remarking on how nice the day was, they rounded a corner to see the studio. 

 

It was bright with chipper white paint and large glass doors that reflected the suns heat outward, keeping the inside cool.

 

“So I was thinking maybe we where all like poisoned, you know carbon monoxide gets realized into houses all the time and people end up doing some crazy stuff...” Luhan said, Sehun though about this and tried to stay positive like (shiver) Wufan had said. 

 

“Maybe...” Sehun walked up the large steps leading to the building and Luhan grinned throwing out his arms 

 

“ You see a perfectly rational explanation-” The moment his arm had flung out, all the doors to the building slammed open with such force they shattered, unknown to Luhan at the time of him throwing his arms out, a boy was walking through and was whacked so hard he sailed five feet, rolled down the stairs and landed on his face. 

 

Everyone stopped, looks of horror on their faces.

 

“Luhan....” Sehun said trailing off as Baekhyun looked at Luhan.

 

“I think you just killed somebody.”

 

Ohmigod, sir, are you alright?” Asked Chanyeol, walking down with Zitao who helped the man, more like boy really sit up.

 

“What year is it!” Screamed Chanyeol to the boy who blinked and shook his head.

 

“1985?” 

 

Holy ! You permanently ruined this man’s life!” Whisper-screamed Minseok into Luhan’s ear, while Chanyeol was freaking out.

 

“I’m joking, no worries, freak gust of wind!” The man got up dusted himself and put a hand to his bloody lip and smiled before thanking them and walking off. 

 

“Well, look at the positive side, he got down those stairs fast!” Smiled Wufan. 

 

The whole group stared at him with terrified expressions, Sehun was wondering if their faces would freeze like this if they kept on looking at Wufan in shock.

 

                                                                      +++

 

“Enough! Enough I cant take this anymore!” Sehun yelled and looked at them all, the group was worse for wear.

 

Kyungsoo had a black eye, Minseok look traumatized, Wufan had finally stopped smiling, but that was probably an improvement, Chanyeol was hugging Baekhyun who was hiccuping from sobbing so hard, Jongin had a hand print across his face, Jong Dae was missing his shirt, belt and shoes, and Yixing had a permanent marker mustache on his face and a look of bloody murder in his eyes. 

 

“Sehun...calm down.” 

 

“Luhan you have cat ears glued to your head, how much worse could this day get, these powers have gotten us in so much ! Chanyeol set fire to a strip club, Jongin accidentally teleport a girls dress and that was by accident! Now when you see Jongin accidentally ually harass someone you know its bad!”

 

“Yes but-” Luhan tried to interject but was cut off.

 

“But oh no it doesn't stop there, Jong Dae had his shirt and shoes and almost his pants stolen by a crazy stalker, and it wasn’t even a girl!  Luhan become a taxi drivers kitten, Kyungsoo was punched by a pro boxer, Baekhyun is so traumatized from the...well you know...he can’t even speak and Yixing is going to need to use rubbing alcohol on his face, do you know how much that hurts if anything good came out of this day it is that Wufan is back to his normal, emotionless self!” 

 

Sehun threw his arms out just as a shirtless Zitao and Joonmyun walked in, Zitao supporting Joonmyun who had a pair of fuzzy handcuffs on his ankles and half of one eyebrow gone.

 

“YOU SEE!?” Yelled Sehun motioning to Joonmyun, who raised a hand as if to say,

 

‘You ask you die’