Chapter 3-거울, 거울- Mirror, Mirror

The Powers That Be

 

 

  Sehun looked at the book in his hand and blinked in disgust when he realized he had read the same paragraph five times, but still had no idea what it was saying. 

 

He sat up in his bed and looked around his room, which Luhan and Kyungsoo had helped him fix. Getting up he walked to his door and opened it, only to see Yixing standing there hand raised with a conflicted gaze.

 

“Oh, Hello Sehun, I was wondering if you would like to go buy groceries with me?” 

 

Yixing said in his slightly impassive voice, they had always gotten on well because of how Sehun seemed aloof and Yixing was just kind of quiet, nice but quiet. 

 

“Sure.” Sehun said, threwing the book onto his bed and grabbed his coat, Yixing looked after him and smiled when he was finished getting his stuff.

 

  The apartment had a huge kitchen which the group all shared and a long table that had one to many scratches to be called nice. 

 

Off to the side there was a living room full of beanies and couches and a single t.v. which was fickle at best, Satan at worse. 

 

  Sehun looked to see that the whole place was empty and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Where is everyone?”

 

“They all yelled something about extreme epic night Frisbee in the park and ran off, Luhan knocked to see if you wanted to go but you didn't answer.”

 

“What?” Asked Sehun confused.

 

“We though you where sleeping.”

 

“No, I got back from the studio and started reading it was only about fifteen minutes ago.”

 

“Sehun we got back from the studio four hours ago. Are you okay?” Asked Yixing looking at him with a concerned look.

 

“What...wow I must be tired.” Sehun smiled lightly but was unsettled he didn't remember that much time passing. 

 

“Are you sure you want to come, its okay if you don't, I'll go by myself.” The other boy said and Sehun shook his head.

 

“No, no, fresh air will do me good.” He replied and walked down the stairs next to Yixing who nodded indulgently. 

 

  The walk was silent, but it wasn’t awkward in the least, the quite was relaxing to Sehun who was caught up in his own world.

 

 The dream before had been so vivid and Kai really did look like Jongin, but he acted so different like he had so many city miles he was decades past. 

 

“Sehun we’re here.” Yixing nudged him with his arm and sehun looked up and nodded a dazed look on his face.

 

“Um why don’t you stay out here, sit on that bench you look like your going to keel over.” 

 

Yixing said, Sehun nodded walking over to the wooden seat that Yixing had indicated and flopped down running his fingers through his hair and pulling his jacket closer before leaning his head back. 

 

 His hands absent mind idly reached to the scar on his lip and he pulled at it as he though about all that had happened in such a short while, maybe Luhan was right they where all drugged up on something, but he doubted it profusely. 

 

 Finally pulling his head up, neck straining and he looked at his hands with a smirk,  normally he would be more composed yet at the moment he felt like crying might be the best option and he didn't know why. 

 

He never had been excessively emotional even when he was child and even now people viewed him as aloof and emotionless. Maybe that was why he was so irritable and scared because he was unused to feeling things so strongly. 

 

Sehun blew out a large breath and rolled his eyes inwardly laughing at himself. This would all blow over and everything would return to normal. 

 

“You really think that, you are stupid.” 

 

Sehun jolted up and looked around searching fro the source of the voice that seemed next to his ear and released as he was relaxing on the bench the day had become dusk and the lamps where now lighting the street and he was completely alone. 

 Jumping to his feet Sehun ran to the open space in front of the store and looked around and he suddenly felt a chill and looked around him, as a gust of wind whipped up from behind his ankles and blew leavings in intricate spirals around his feet. 

 

Sehun whipped around and his eyes widened, at the end of the street was a figure, it was dressed in dark clothing, a puddle forming at its feet.

 

 The lamp above it flickered ghostly, almost cliche but that didn't stop the goose bumps from climbing up Sehuns arms as the wind began to sound like gasps and the figure seemed closer then before.

 

“Sehun...you are living on borrowed time.”

 

Sehun’s breath caught as he heard that phantom whisper carried on the wind and he steeped forward about to break into a run but suddenly a hand clam down on his arm and was dragged back, Only to have a car rush 2 feet from him, the driver honked and shouted something derogatory out the window.

 

“Sehun! What are you doing?! You could’ve been killed!” Yelled Yixing who was staring at him.

 

“I think...I think I already was...”

 

“What, okay you’re making no sense, and your shivering. Your poor hands.” Yixing said and reached down, Sehun glanced down and realized his hands where cut up at the palms from his nails digging in. 

 

  Yixing gently took his hands and covered them with his own and they glowed softly and with a whisper like sound the scratches disappeared. Sehun looked at Yixing who shrugged and pulled him close.

 

“Are you okay?” 

 

“Yes, I'm fine, I just need a hot shower and a reality check.” Sehun shook his head and looked at Yixing gratefully.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No problem.” Yixing said and put his arm around Sehun’s shoulders walking away, not noticing the cool wind and how Sehun’s reflection didn’t follow them staying in the glass until they where gone, before the window shattered. 

                                                                          +++

 

  Sehun relaxed against the side of the tub trying to shake the weary feeling that aded over him like an omnipresent cloud. 

 

The tub was very hot, Turing his pale skin a flushed pink and his brown hair a darker shade. 

 

Water gathered on the tips of his eyelashes as he blinked and sunk lower his ears submerged. The scented water tickled his nose. 

 

“Sehun?”

 

Sehun gasped water up into his nose and pulling himself up water splashing everywhere and coughed as water came out his mouth a nose.

 

 He shakily put one leg out of the tub and grabbed his pants putting them on, soaking the fabric through and not caring, the bathroom was steamy. 

 

“Hello? Luhan?” Asked Sehun hoping he would get a giggle and a response. None came blinking and running his hands through his wet hair so it no longer fell in his face.

 

“Guys? ...” His voice shook, and he turned towards the mirror which was fogged over, he walked up to it and carefully whipped his hand across it making the reflective surface shine, he looked at his scared face and let out a little sigh of relief looking down and the  back up.

 

Sehun screamed.

 

In the mirror, his face was reflected but hit was covered in grim and blood, the boy staring back had crimson liquid dripping from his mouth, his chest was a mess of bone and meat. 

 

“Sehun?!” Called a voice as the door rattled.

 

“Sehun...haha you look like me.” The reflection said the boys dark eyes looking into the half dressed Sehun who was rooted to the spot.

 

“Well you are me, I guess, listen to me, you’re lucky, but borrowed time is borrowed time, nothing is certain...if you mess up this time, I'll be the one to kill you.” 

The boy pleasantly said and then the mirror cracked and blood oozed from the splintered glass as the now warped reflection of the dead boy.

 

“How does it go? Mirror, mirror on the wall?” 

 

Suddenly the mirror exploded out cutting Sehun’s face as he feel back hitting the back of his knees on the raised tub flipping backward and heard a crack as his skull smashed against porcelain and Sehun in water eye closing, everything going black and water filling his lungs.

 

                                                                      +++

 

  Jongin walked to his room, noticing how steam filtered from beneath the bathroom door, he wondered if Sehun was really okay. Seems he was skittish around him lately and for some reason it hurt Jongin even if he didn't show it. 

 

  Falling on his bead Jongin picked up his phone and hit the alarms so he wouldn’t sleep in. Then the boy walked across the room and picked up a fallen book, flipping it he read the title and realized it was Sehun’s, Jongin blinked wondering how it had gotten in his room. 

 

 Suddenly there was a blood curtailing scream that could’ve woken the dead. 

 

“Sehun?!” Yelled Jongin smashing out his door and grabbing the handle to the bathroom noticing how cool wind seemed to flow out from underneath.

 

“Whats happening?” Hollered Wufan who ran from his room.

 

“I don't know!” Shouted Jongin as the others thudded up the stairs. 

 

“Guys who screamed?” asked Minseok 

 

“Yeah we-” Kyungsoo was cut of but a shattering sound and a huge splash. 

 

Jongin looked at the door and growled focusing and teleported in the bathroom with a rush of inertia.

 

 What he saw made him stop, the room was a mess blood and glass was everywhere too much for one person. 


Then his eyes found the bathtub and he gasped in horror, a leg was hooked over the side and one arm hung out dripping blood.

 

“SEHUN!” He yelled and rushed over diving his arms into the tub yanking the boy out, he was limp and cuts ran across every inch of his skin the trickled blood showing they where deep. 

 

Jongin dragged Sehun out and laid him on the floor pressing an ear to his mouth. 

 

There was no breath.

 

“!” He swore and propped Sehun up pressing his hands over his chest and pushed, once twice, three then held the boys nose and breathed a breath into his mouth, and repeated. 

 

There was a bang as Zitao kicked down the door with a  high strike. 

 

“Oh my god.” Yelled Luhan who stood back afraid of getting in the way, Jongin breathed another breath and repeated compression. 

 

The group stood there in shocked silence.

 

 A choked sound reverberated in the room as Sehun coughed up pink tinged water and rolled to the side, toward Jongin who clutter at him, as more water came up. 

 

Yixing pushed through and kneeled down, looking at jongin.

 

“Get him to his bedroom now. Jong dae get bandages, Wufan get towels and put them on the floor of his bedroom, Luhan breath!” 

 

“Haha you remind me of us!” Came a voice and they all turned to see a disconnected reflection of Sehun looking at them through the bloody mirror. The boy was ripped apart with a crazed grin splitting his face before his eyes alighted on Jongin which at that moment he looked remorseful.

 

“It’s for the best.” After that the mirror shimmered and the blood looked like it rewound, and disappeared back into the cracks, but the glass and Sehuns blood still littered the floor.

 

 “What the  was that?!” Asked Chanyeol. 

 

“Who cares, get Sehun out of there!” Yelled Kyungsoo, Jongin nodded and lifted the limp boy who was now shaking and moved out of the room tailing blood a water. 

 

Jongin was careful with the gasping boy as he brought him to the room. Yixing was shouting orders.

 

“Sehun, can you hear me?” Asked Jongin, the boy in his arms answered with a weak cough and a slight head nod, Jongin smiled slightly and placed him on the floor. 

 

“Jongin can you hold him down?” Asked Yixing, Jongin nodded and placed his hands on the boys shoulders, without needing to be asked Wufan grabbed on of the boys legs and Joonmyun mirrored his motion with the other leg. 

 

Kyungsoo sat and looked eye comically wide as Yixing took in the glass and set his brow.

 

“Sehun, this will hurt try no to move okay?” 

 

With a quite warning Yixing grabbed the biggest piece of glass which was about 3 inches and imbedded into the boys stomach by the waistline of his soaked pants, and yanked, it slide out and Sehun bucked his hips, only to have all of boys holding him down put all there weight into keeping him still.

 

 Zitao quickly put a warm slightly wet towel over the cut and pressed down, which made Sehun hiss and Zitao made an apologetic face towards his friend. 

 

“Why aren’t we taking him to a hospital?” Whimpered Luhan.

 

“What would they find? We now have these weird powers what if our internal structures have changed, he’ll be screwed!” Jong Dae said and gave Zitao another warm cloth. 

 

Luhan sat back understanding, Chanyeol wrapped an arm around his shoulder and Baekhyun patted his knee supportively, Luhan was always close to Sehun. 

 

“Okay now there another one, I'm pulling it out only three more after this, grit your teeth!” 

 

Yixing said taking hold of a two inch glass shard in Sehuns right leg. With a sudden yank he ripped it out, it seemed this one was more jagged then the first so Sehun arched his back and let out a hoarse yell. 

 

“He’s going to bit his tongue.” Said Minseok, Jongin nodded and ripped his sleeve off his shirt and nudged it against Sehun mouth. 

 

Sehun just glared his eyes unfocused. 

 

Jongin growled and leaned down grabbing Sehuns chin and leaned down forcefully pulling Sehun into a kiss, the bog gasped and Jongin smiled before pulling back and stuffing the cloth in not that Sehun even notice because Yixing took that moment to pull out another piece of glass. 

 

Everyone stared at Jongin who the blood off his lips.

 

“What it worked didn't it?” He said under half lidded eyes.

 

“That it did.” Joonmyun said with wide eyes. 

 

“Okay last piece!” Yixing said and yanked out the piece near Sehun’s shoulder, Kyungsoo rapidly placed a cloth over the bleeding cut.  

 

“Yixing can you heal him?” Asked Baekhyun and Yixing nodded placing his hand over the cuts. 

  The skin glowed momentarily before it returned to closed flawless white skin, paler then the skin surrounding it. 

 

   Everyone sighed in relief happing that Yixing could heal him, Jongin looked down to see Sehun grimacing but slightly more there then before.

 

“Sehun?” He asked quietly. 

 

“Kai?”