Sympathy

Untold Stories

HEH! will use the words later... LOL... what story is this~ Xiumin suffered savant sydrome and this is incomplete. gonna make this story sooner or later. meh~ dont want.

 

 

Despite of  his interest in soccer, writing is Luhan’s real forte. I took one of his Penguin Books Collections from his wooden shelf and it was Tales of The Unexpected by Roald Dahl. One of the books fell from the shelf and I sort of froze up. Luhan stopped from writing and gave me a look. I looked back at him with rounded eyes and he just sighed. I collected it back and put it into the shelf.

“I’m sorry.”

“Hm.”

I sat beside him afterward and opened the book. The pages were yellow and the font was Georgian; how classic and I really like it.

“How’s study, Chen?” Luhan asked, suddenly.

I hesitated, giving a thought before answering, “ Uhm, everything is fine, hyung.”

“If you have any problem, you can tell me, okay?”

I looked up from my book and look at him. He didn’t turn to look at me. His voice was warm but I was facing his cold back. His brown hair shined under the lamp. I took a while before I made a comeback to the book in my hands.

 “Okay, I will.” I answered.

Luhan was not really open to everyone including me, but he was the only one who really cared about me. The real definition of ‘caring’ was invisibly printed on his forehead. He’s kind enough toward my brother and me. I appreciated every single things that he had done for us.

“Xiumin!” I heard Chanyeol yelled from outside. “Clean this wall! Or you will sleep outside tonight!”

Both of us, Luhan and me, were shocked. Luhan briskly got up and went out from the room and I followed from behind.

“Chanyeol.” Luhan kept his voice level. “Stop it. Let me clean it.”

“No, hyung. I’ll do it!” I chirped in. No way I would let others covered my brother’s wrongdoing.  “I’m sorry.” I ran towards Xiumin and cleaned the mess.  “Such a useless! Can’t you just die?!” Chanyeol pulled Xiumin’s hair. I begged him to release.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” I apologized on his behalf. I took a glance at Xiumin and he gave a death glare to Chanyeol.

“What are you looking at, hah?!”

“Hyung, come.” I leaded my brother to our shared room before Chanyeol did something terrible to him. “Please wait here, hyung. I will come back.” I said. I went out and cleared the mess. Luhan helped me a bit whilst Chanyeol kept cursing my brother. He ( Xiumin) wasn’t that bad.

“How useless your mom to born such a weird-”

“CHANYEOL!” Luhan shouted. “Which part of enough that you don’t understand?!”

 I continued cleaning, and cleaning.

**

“ Luhan hyung,

In my heart,

I know I can always trust you

So, from this point forward, I leave it to you.

I’m sorry for troubling you and make you worry.”

  

**

“Chen?” Luhan called from outside as he knocked the door. “May I come in?” I took my sleeves to erase remain strings of tears on my cheeks.

“Yes, hyung.” But, I couldn’t hide my quivery voice.


“Xiumin is already asleep?” He asked, half-whispered.

“Yes, it’s okay. Come in.”

Luhan asked me to switch off the light. He moved the curtain and there was the moon, gloriously shined in the middle of the night.

“I’m sorry. Chanyeol, he…”

“Don’t be, hyung. It’s okay.” I giggled a bit, to show everything was fine.

“Don’t lie to me, I know you better than everyone else. If you are angry just mention it, I understand.”