Breathing

Untold Stories

The blood stained the edge of the several pages. I bit my fingertip and my own blood; the distinctive taste of copper stayed for a second before I swallowed the remains haemoglobin through my throat. I did not know that paper cut could be this serious. The long cut on my index finger revealed a snippet of the red flesh. It was not that painful, but it was really stung and itch. I left the shelf and went to counter; grabbing tissues from the box. Maybe the palette or white blood cell took their time to cover the cut- the blood was still oozing out. This time I let the blood forming on my skin and it dripped on the table. It was as red as the rose- the rose is redder, thought.

Damn it. The room is darker than before and I suffocated by the thickness of the cold from the air conditioner. The switches were in the storage room and it was locked. The Fat Betty was still having classes and the key was with her, I had to wait for her then. I tried to find the remote control so I could change the temperature but I found nothing.

“Jino, please inform the technician to replace the lamp, at Section 2, above the third shelf.”

Jino did not reply but he took his Iphone and called the technician. His eyes glued on the novel that he was reading. I did not mind if he replied nothing, as long as he did what I said. By the time Jino left the counter, my chest ache. The solidity of the humidity slowly tortured me, again. I’m not suffering asthma, it just something that I did not know how to explain because I did make any medical check-up for this. But, my mind scolded me as it told that it was actually pneumonia. I beg to differ. I’m healthy.

“Can you be a little bit panic, please? I didn’t know you can’t breathe so now get out from here. Wait until Fat Bet comes.” Jino went out from the Section 2, I did not realize how long he had been check on me. He put his sweater on my shoulder and shooed me out of the library. There was nothing much different. It was raining heavily and the pain became worse.

**

“If he’s still not awake, you’re done. YOU.ARE.DONE.”

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry!”

If Kris was here, he would just sit and stare at her. He would not scream or yell just like Chanyeol did. Well, it was not completely Fat Betty’s fault. She did not know that I was replacing her place yesterday.

“Chanyeol.” I called.

“Minseok hyung!”

“What’s up?” Nothing much could do in this position but a mundane greeting.

“Hyung! I’m worried to death! Why must you after Yixing?”

Yixing? God. Maybe his asthma again. “Was it because of Baekhyun again?”

“No. He went to the pet store.”

“What’s the hell he’s doing there? It’s pet store!”

“Well, Baekhyun wanted to buy a parrot for his sister so he thought the store only have bird. But then, they have cats on the ground. So… yeah.” Chanyeol explained. Yixing was just clueless as usual.