What happened to Jongin?

Untold Stories

            Kim Jongin.

The nametag was ripped out from his uniform, lied on the floor with blood stain on it. His white shirt torn off and exposed a wound on his bare chest. His cheeks were swelling and the blood oozed from every wound on his body. At the corner, his shoes and bag were burnt.

“Can’t you just die?!” A kick landed on his stomach. Jongin briskly cringed in pain. He coughed blood out of his throat and it pooled on the floor.

  “Hey, stop it. He had it more than enough.” Someone calmly interrupted.  With his eyes covered, Jongin most likely recognized the voice but his physical pains would not allow his internal organ especially his brain to work properly. His body could not take it anymore. Every inch he moved was a pain for him so here he was, weakly lying on the floor with his hands and legs were tied.

            “Good job.”

            “You shower me with cash, not leaf.”

            “Here. Release him.”

            “Money smells really good, hah? No problem!”

Those were the last words he heard before he was left unconscious.

 

**

The bell rang about 30 minutes ago.

Jongin was late but Baekhyun waited for him even though the first class was already started. He heard about his best friend and now Jongin was in front of him. He was terribly hurt. Jongin came with his sport shoes and his old bag. Baekhyun was speechless.

“L-Let’s change our school. I told my dad about this.” Baekhyun closed his locker and briskly followed Jongin from behind. Jongin faked a smile and staggered away.

Baekhyun suddenly took Jongin’s bag from his shoulder and he hissed in pain.

“Argh!”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry…” Baekhyun  held Jongin’s arm and slowly took slung the bag on his shoulder. “Let me help you with this.” Jongin cared his shoulder and slowly leaded himself to the nearest seat.

“God, did you go to the hospital?” Baekhyun sat beside him. Jongin slowly shook his head.

“You must be kidding me, right?” Baekhyun sighed. He collected their bags and went back to the locker. After kept them in it, he ran back to Jongin. “Let’s go.” He helped Jongin to stand up.

“Where’s my bag?”

“We’re not going to class. I’ll bring you to the hospital.”

Jongin refused to do so. He pushed Baekhyun and yelled, “Don’t you understand?!” Baekhyun was not taken aback. Of course he understood that Jongin did not have any money for paying the bills. But, what friend is for? His father would not mind if he wanted to use his money just to help his friend. His father was not stingy anyway. Baekhyun reminded silent and held Jongin’s arm with another hand on his shoulder. He kept forcing Jongin to walk until he gave up. His body was so weak so Baekhyun was able to dominate the way. Jongin was about to lose his conscious at the time they reached at the gate.

“Uncle! Can you call a taxi for us?” Baekhyun called the school security.