25th Special!

Ice Princess' One-Shot Collection ღ

 

Happy Birthday, Jung Jessica Sooyeon

 

I ran as fast as I could. But I don't know exactly what I was running away from.
 
A thief who wanted to steal something away from me? A who got his hands all over me? A burglar who broke into my house? 
 
What? I don't know. 
 
Loud footsteps could be heard from here an they were mine. Running away from an unknown thing in the middle of a dark forest. 
 
My feet stopped and so did my heart too. I fell down and cried on my knees. My head was telling me that there is no way to escape now.
 
Jessica stood up with sweat all over her face and body. Her eyes were red and her hair was all messed up. 
 
She took breaths continuously and sighed loudly in relief. She closed her eyes for a moment to let the headache she was having go away. 
 
She quickly opened her eyes and snatched her alarm clock. '9:00pm' she read. 
 
And now she remembered that she took a nap an hour ago. She laid down and tried to sleep but can not. 
 
Her dream kept replaying in her mind. "Ugh, dammit" she cursed, standing up. She was still in her denim shorts and dark-blue shirt with no sleeves on, covered by a black sweater.
 
She got into the bathroom, brushed her long, dark brown hair, brushed her teeth and applied some eye liner on. 
 
Once she got out of the bathroom, her phone caught her attention. She walked towards it and as expected, it wasn't a text from anyone. It was just a reminder to herself that the day she was born was coming up in 3 hours. 
 
She smiled at the thought of it. But then it vanished at the thought of something else. 
 
Great. She thought. 
 
And that was why she slept last night. To take all the stress away. 
 
In about 2 minutes, she could hear the sound of a ringtone which belongs to her. She answered it without looking at the ID. 
 
"Yes?" She answered the call with an annoyed, icy tone. "Woa ho ho! Ice Princess didn't check the ID huh? Seems like you're in a bad mood" A cheeky, not-so-deep, an awful lot familiar voice laughed. 
 
She immediately smiled after that and suddenly giggled. "Hahah, that's my princess" The person on the other line told her. 
 
"Heyy, sorry about that, haha, so, sup?" She asked him. "Sup? Sup?" He asked her. After a second, she could hear the sound of pebbles around her. She looked at the glass door and she was right.
 
"I'm throwing pebbles right now babe. Come down now or I'll start throwing rocks." The guy on the other line told her.
 
Jessica chuckled and ended the call. She grabbed her bag and took her phone along with her. 
 
She slid her glassdoor open and she was already standing at her balcony. She saw a familiar face standing outside her house just right under her balcony shouting out her name. 
 
"Jessica. Oh my lovely Jessica. Can you please come down to me using this ladder to me for I have brought you this rose and will take you out on a date?" He asked while holding a rose. 
 
Jessica chuckled loudly. "Yah! MyungIdiot. First of all, you're terrible at speaking Shakespeare language. Second, don't scream! My parents know you, okay!" She exclaimed. 
 
Myungsoo chuckled because he just embarrassed himself in front of his gorgeous girlfriend. 
 
He rubbed his neck shyly. "Just come down please!" He said. Jessica giggled and nodded. "Okay!" She shouted. 
 
She slid the glass door close and turned around, looking confused. "What if I die!!" She shouted at Myungsoo. "You know you can just-" Myungsoo was interrupted by something that just hit his face, hard. Turned out it was Jessica's bag. 
 
Myungsoo chuckled and put her bag inside his car. Before he even noticed, Jessica was already struggling in the middle of the ladder. 
 
"Sica! Should I tell your p-" "NO!!!" She shouted. She's right. If her parents knew that she was stuck in the middle of the ladder because of him, he would be dead meat. He was thankful that he had a girlfriend who'd always defend him. 
 
"Jessica just, calm down and go down foot by foot." He told her softly. That calm, soothing, caring, soft voice convinced Jessica to obey his orders. 
 
And she did, foot by foot, until- "AHHH!!!" He saw a human being falling from a sky. For a second there, he really thought that he was losing his mind. 
 
Luckily, he was quick enough to catch Jessica and she ended up in his arms. They stared each other for a long time. 
 
"You know you could've just took the stairs?" He told her in a quiet voice. Jessica showed him the sweetest, most gorgeous smile ever and replied, "I know." They kissed for a while and then parted. 
 
Myungsoo put her down, slowly and carefully, not wanting to break his fragile girlfriend. 
 
Jessica noticed that the living room's lights were switched on and heard the front door creaked open. She knew that they were her parents and she was right.
 
They were walking outside together in sync, towards the young couple. "Oh crap." He whispered. "Don't worry!" She slapped his chest playfully and giggled. 
 
Myungsoo immediately bowed down to her parents 90 degrees, greeting them. Jessica's father just nodded. 
 
"Jessica dear, what happened?" Mr. Jung asked her. She looked at Myungsoo and to her dad over and over again, finding an answer. 
 
"There was a bug on my shoulder?" She answered. Mr. Jung rolled his eyes and sighed. "You can tell the truth, sweetie. The ladder's right over there." He told her. 
 
Jessica chuckled. "Okay okay, he called me to go out with him and he tried to act all Romeo on me and he even brought a ladder so I guess, why not use the ladder if he brought that for me?" She laughed.
 
"That was just for fun Sica." Myungsoo told her. "And you wanted to hide it? I thought I gave you a green light to go out with him anytime you wanted" Mr. Jung told her. 
 
"Yeah, I know that, but, I fell off of that ladder and-" "YOU FELL OFF OF THE LADDER?!" "Calm down! Myungsoo caught me." She smiled.
 
Mr. And Mrs. Jung sighed in relief. "Myungsoo, kid, you're her life saver, as she said. But Jessica, do not do that again okay?" He told her. "Arasso Daddy" She walked towards him and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Bye guys!" 
 
"Oh Jessica dear, don't forget tomorrow morning-" "I know." Jessica paused before pecking her mom's cheek. 
 
"Bye mom" she smiled, walking towards myungsoo's car. 

 


 
Jessica sighed. "That must've scared you huh?" She giggled. "Yeah, kinda. But of course, daddy's little girl got away with it." Myungsoo chuckled. 
 
Jessica rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Tsch." 
 
"Here we are!" Myungsoo exclaimed. Jessica looked over at her window and gasped. "... It's it's.." "Yeah." Myungsoo smiled. 
 
He got out of the car and being a gentleman that he is, he opened the car door for Jessica and let her out. 
 
Jessica's eyes were sparkling. "I know it's not much for you birthday but-" "It's exactly where I wanted to go to on my birthday Myung" she smiled. 
 
She then walked towards the blossom tree that was 'un-blossomed' yet because it wasn't time yet. 
 
It was exactly the way it was when Myungsoo confessed his love to Jessica. Right when the clock midnight. 
 
Jessica was walking under the tree while Myungsoo was following behind her. "Do me a favor." Myungsoo said from behind. 
 
"Yeah?" Jessica said without looking at him. "Since you're not really paying attention to your surroundings right now, please don't turn around and look at me because i'm holding something really special." He chuckled. 
 
Jessica did what she has told and giggled. "Okay okay." 
 
As they reached to the bottom of tree, Myungsoo asked her to close her eyes to hide that 'special something' from her.
 
After he did, he ran towards Jessica who was, at the same time, was opening her eyes. Myungsoo sat down quietly and try both looked at each other. 
 
They got closer and closer but Myungsoo raised his finger and placed it on Jessica's soft lips. He smiled. "Save it for midnight birthday girl." 
 
Myungsoo could feel it when Jessica's lips quickly formed a smile.
 
They both talked a lot after that. About everything. Their moments from A-Z. And they didn't even realize that two hours have passed. 
 
Myungsoo suddenly stood up and Jessica did too, confused. He reached down to his pocket and grabbed a hankie. 
 
Jessica frowned. "What is-" she was disturbed when Myungsoo turned her around and blindfolded her. "It's a surprise" He whispered. 
 
Jessica loves it when he whispers to her. It makes her shivers go down to her spine. But she hated it because it makes her love him more and more. 
 
She nodded, trusting him. Footsteps could be heard coming towards her after a minute. 
 
She felt that he was behind her, arms on her right and left side, hands in front of her, holding something. 
 
"Take your blindfold off." He whispered again. She did as she was told and immediately dropped the blindfold on the ground. 
 
Her eyes were sparkling from the candles that were towered on a small-sized cake. 
 
"Now make a-" Myungsoo was disturbed by Jessica who was giving him a peck on his lips. He was sure that he was as red as a tomato but he thanked God that it was already dark. 
 
"Now make a wish, sweetie" he told her. She closed her eyes, carefully picking word by word to make a wish. It took her 2 minutes to blow the candles. 
 
She carefully opened her eyes and blew the candles. She realized that she missed one candle. They both laughed. 
 
"Let's do this one together" Jessica insisted. Myungsoo smiled and nodded. They blew it together and had smiles on their faces. 
 
 

 
"Oh my God you look so funny! Hahahah!" Jessica laughed. Myungsoo raised his left eyebrow. "Okay then." He wiped some icing of of his face and wiped it on Jessica's. 
 
"Our faces must look so funny now bahahah" Myungsoo chuckled as he grabbed a tissue. Jessica giggled and nodded in agreement. 
 
"Here." Myungsoo got closer to Jessica's face and wiped it carefully. As soon as he was done, Jessica wiped his face. 
 
Slowly and carefully, from his forehead to his lips. Before she knew it, his lips were already on his. "Happy Birthday Jung Jessica Sooyeon." He smiled as he pinched her nose.
 

 
Jessica gasped. "Remember this?" Jessica touched the tree's branch. It was written 'M+S' in a heart. 
 
Myungsoo moved closer to Jessica and placed his chin on Jessica's shoulder, staring at it, too. "It's so childish, haha" Jessica chuckled. 
 
Myungsoo just smiled while wrapping his arms around Jessica's slim waist. 
 
"I wish this moment would never stop." They both said in a quiet voice, and then giggled when they both looked at each other. 
 
Myungsoo squeezed Jessica a little bit tighter and smiled. "Don't worry. It won't. As long as you're with me, these moments will never stop." He whispered. 
 
Jessica turned around and Myungsoo lifted his chin up to face her. "Let's stay here for the night okay?" Jessica asked him. 
 
"Anything for you" He grinned cheekily. 
 

 
His eyes fluttered open as he heard the beds chirping. He looked around and there was no sign of his girlfriend. 
 
He heard a paper crumple as his feet moved. He grabbed it and recognized the handwriting. It was Jessica's. 
 
I'm sorry myungie.. I had to do it.. I hope you slept well. Please don't look for me after me after this. 
 
-Jessica.
 
He dropped the note and stood up immediately. He ran to his car, leaving everything behind him. He drove his car at full speed to Jessica's house. 
 
He knocked the door as loud as he could but nobody was answering. He kicked the door with all his might. "!" He cursed. 
 
He ruffled his hair roughly and drove to Yoona's, Jessica's close friend. 
 
 

 
"WHERE IS SHE?!" He shouted. "Myungsoo! Calm down!!" Yoona shouted back. "HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND LEFT ME A NOTE TELLING ME NOT TO FIND HER AGAIN?!?!" He shouted back. 
 
Yoona sighed and sat down on the couch. "I can't tell you." She said plainly. 
"You tell me where is she before something happens Yoona." He warned. 
 
But Yoona wouldn't give up. She has kept her promise to her best friend. Why would she tell? "Fine, whatever." She rolled her eyes. 
 
Myungsoo grabbed a vase and smashed it on the floor. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH TELLING ME WHERE SHE IS IS IT SO GODDAMNED HARD!!!" He cursed. 
 
Yoona closed her eyes in frustration. Suddenly, the phone rang. Both pair of eyes were directed towards the ringing phone. 
 
They both ran toward it and their hands were on top of each other, glaring at one another. 
 
"You dare answer it, and I'll-" but Myungsoo was stronger and quicker than Yoona and so he answered the phone. 
 
Yoona couldn't do anything but to sit down and state at the ground blankly.
 
"Hello?" He answered the phone. "Hello? Yes, this is Dr. Park speaking from ----- Hospital. Is Im Yoona there?" The person on the other line asked. 
 
"No. This is Kim Myungsoo." He answered. "Oh, you are Jung Jessica's boyfriend aren't you? Um..." "Don't worry. Please don't take it the wrong way. I was just visiting Yoona. But now Yoona-ssi's ... Somewhere." 
 
"Oh." He answered. "Can you tell me what are you doing and how do you know Jung Jessica?" Myungsoo asked him furiously. 
 
"Ah, yes, I was just calling this number to tell Yoona-ssi that Jessica-ssi's surgery is complete." He answered Myungsoo. 
 
Myungsoo's eyes widened in complete surprise. "WHAT SURGERY?!" Myungsoo shouted. 
 
"Oh um.. You didn't know yet? Ah.. So that's why she told me to not tell you.. Well, I've said too much, please visit Ms. Jung to see for yourself."
 
 

 
Myungsoo knocked on the door and it creaked open. "Who is it?" A cute, soft, familiar voice asked. 
 
He opened the door and saw Jessica wearing a hospital gown, sitting on a bed, her thighs covered with a blanket. 
 
"Jessica...." He said softly. Jessica froze. Her eyes were looking all around like she didn't know where the voice was coming from. 
 
"Myungsoo?!" She shouted in panic. Myungsoo quickly closed the door and ran towards Jessica. "NO DON'T COME NEAR ME! PLEASE! DON'T!!!!!" She screamed and covered her face with the blanket. 
 
Myungsoo frowned and got closer to Jessica, not listening to her. "Jessica, what happ-" "GET OUT MYUNGSOO!! PLEASE!!! I DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!" She screamed even louder. 
 
Myungsoo paused for a few seconds. "Jessica..." He said slowly, confused. 
 
"PLEASE" Jessica shouted. This time, he heard her sobbing softly. "Jessica.." He said, for the millionth time. 
 
"Myungsoo just don't" she slapped his hand away from her. "Jessica, Jung, Sooyeon." He said slowly but seriously. 
 
He knew that it was a spell for him to make her to stay quiet and listen to him without any 'buts' or whatever. 
 
And it worked. But she was still crying. 
 
He reached for her slowly, slower, and hugged her. "Jess, you didn't tell me that you underwent a surgery..?" He asked her. 
 
She didn't answer him. "Where is it? Your leg? Your throat? Where-" 
 
"You'll never guess..." She while resting on his chest. "Please, I need to know.. You're my girlfriend.. You know that I care about you and-" 
 
"Well you're not anymore! I have declared that when I left you there under the blossom tree, we're complete strangers now. We have broken up. Why did you come back?!?!" She exclaimed as she lifted her head up but she was facing the bed.
 
"JESSICA!!" He screamed. That made her quite in just a second. But after a few seconds, she burst into tears. 
 
"I gave my eyes away to my mom. My mom is blind, no? But now i'm blind. I searched through my room that day and found my diary. I promised that I would give away my eyes for her once i'm older. I told her that I wanted to but she kept saying no, of course. But I made her agree to this. And this was all before I met you. But a promise is a promise." Jessica explained but not facing Myungsoo. 
 
And now she knew what her dream was trying to tell her. Fear. She was trying to run from fear.
 
"A promise is a promise?" He asked her while moving closer towards her. Jessica nodded slowly, looking at the ceiling. 
 
"Didn't you promise that you'll be with me forever?" He grabbed her chin to make we face him. 
 
Jessica wasn't looking straight to his eyes but she could feel that she was already glued to him. 
 
Jessica looked down. "I..." She hesitated. "Tell me why didn't you want to tell me about this?" He asked her. 
 
"I'm afraid that you won't love me anymore. Even if you do, you won't love me like you love the old Jessica. The old Jessica who had eyes. Who can stare at you straight in your eyes or look at you and tell you how handsome you are or-" 
 
Myungsoo chuckled and grabbed her hands. "I don't need you to tell me how handsome I am. I know that I'm handsome" Jessica giggled. "And I don't need you to look at me straight through my eyes. As long as you love me, I know that we can be glued to each other even thought you're not looking at me seriously." He explained slowly. 
 
A teardrop fell from Jessica's eye. "Why are you crying again?" He asked we while grabbing her chin. "Because i'm happy. So happy. I love you Myungsoo." She smiled. 
 
Myungsoo smiled widely. "I love you too Jessica." 
 

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON. Lemme say some things about this chapter first before I spazz about her birthday okay.

So um 

I started writing this fic just this afternoon and somehow finished it in 2 hours but edited it for like an hour and a half. (an hour to unglue my brother's arse away from the computer so I can edit it.)

How was it? I kinda wanted to cry when I wrote this LOL no. 

It's a MyungSica fic, yes, because nobody requested for any pairing and I scrolled down to the comments and most people like MyungSica heheh. 

NOW. WHERE WERE WE? Jessica birthday spam! :D

 

❥       
 
 
This cucumber-hater, cold-hearted, cheerful, adorable, bossy princess has stayed #1 on my bias list everybody. She's just undescribable. And yes, right now, I really have no words to describe her. But this one-shot is my present to her and I hope you all liked it :) 
 

 
►UPDATE; Heyyo! I scrolled down to the comments of this story and saw some people requesting for JiSica. Can you please tell me/PM me when you guys asked for it? Because I deleted the previous chapter asking you guys for a pairing. And it was Chapter 6 and now this is chapter 6 so if you tell me you want a JiSica one-shot, please tell me so that I can make up to you guys! Sorry, author-nim is careless. Teehee :) 
 
-Friday, 19th April 2013