Special: How 'My Unknown Bodyguard' Should Have Ended

Ice Princess' One-Shot Collection ღ

How 'My Unknown Bodyguard' should've ended 

{  A MyungsoojesSica one-shot  }

 
As I sat there, beside him, tears threatening to fall, I started watching him in silence. 
 
I have been hearing nothing except for the beeping sounds coming from the heart monitor for the past year. 
 
I would visit Myungsoo everyday, bringing flowers, asking the nurses and doctors about his condition, but everyday was still the same. 
 
He's always sleeping, I know. I know that every single time I come to visit him. But I never gave up hope. 
 
He saved me. If he weren't in a coma, I would be dead last year. But gosh, do I feel guilty as hell. 
 
As I leaned towards him closer, I caressed his face, slowly, and carefully, as it felt like the first time I treated him. 
 
I suddenly giggled when I remembered him begging me not to rub alcohol on his cut. 
 
That laugh. God, that familiar laugh. The same exact laugh when she's in a bad mood, and I would tell her lame pick-up lines or joke, the same exact laugh when I show my fail aegyos to her just to make her smile. 
 
That angelic laugh, made my whole world light up. Wait, my whole world is actually lighting up. It's not freaking dark anymore. 
 
My eyes fluttered open as the lights blinded me, causing me to groan and cover my eyes with my hand.
 
I quickly turned to my left, wanting to know who was holding my hand even before I woke up. 
 
And a beautiful girl who had brunette, wavy hair whom I fell in love with, was sleeping peacefully with her head resting on my bed. 
 
I frowned at sight I was looking at. She was holding my hand, sitting on a chair beside me, head resting on my bed. She was bending down almost 40degrees. 
 
"H-hey.." I brushed her index finger with my thumb, waking her up. Her head shot up, eyes closed, yawning. 
 
It took her a while before her eyes went wide opened, frozen at her place. 
 
I couldn't believe what I'm looking at now. Is this real? If it was, then I really shouldn't give up on hope in the future. 
 
He looked exactly like the Myungsoo who woke up at 9am when I was there.
 
"Myungsoo?!" I gasped. "Is that really you?!" I exclaimed. "Oh my God" I leaned in for a hug but he stopped me. 
 
"U-um.. I'm sorry, who are you?" He frowned, eyes filled with curiosity. I blinked at him. "Y-you're kidding right?" I let out a small chuckle. 
 
He frowned again and sighed. "You best tell me who you are before I kick your out of here." He glared at me coldly. 
 
What just happened? This isn't the Myungsoo I last saw. I scoffed before glaring at him. 
 
"You best tell me that this is a joke before I actually fall for it." I told him. 
 
"I don't know you." He ruffled his hair, frustrated. Man, did every word felt like a knife stabbing me. 
 
I looked at him with a blank face, blinking, teardrops fell each time I blinked. 
 
I looked away, sniffed, and looked down. Gosh, he must think that I'm crazy right now. Tears were threatening to fall right now. 
 
And that was it. A teardrop fell down, and there goes the second one. 
 
"Hey hey hey.." Myungsoo whispered as he leaned closer to Jessica, who's eyes were puffy red. 
 
Jessica frowned a little, after the sudden action. Her head slowly rose up, to see a smiling Myungsoo who rubbed her tears off with his thumb. 
 
"It was just a joke" He chuckled lightly. Jessica frowned in disbelief as she rubbed her tears off roughly, slapping his hand off, and leaned back. 
 
She glared at the laughing Myungsoo. "I liked you better when you were in a coma" She shot him a glare before standing up. 
 
Myungsoo took notice of Jessica and stopped laughing immediately. "Wh-where are you going?" He frowned pleadingly. 
 
But Jessica left his hospital room without a word, leaving him drowning in a pool of guilt. 
 
, I seriously shouldn't have done that. What if she's mad at me? No! I can't live like that! Where has she gone to? What if she gets hurt? Damn you Myungsoo. Damn you!
 
He groaned loudly as he ruffled his hair roughly.
 
The door clicked open as Myungsoo was just in his own world. Little did he know, three people were standing in place, staring at him. 
 
"Um, excuse me?" The nurse called him. He groaned loudly, "WHAT?!" He roared. The three's eyes widened in shock. 
 
He blinked, looking at them, one by one. But his eyes stopped at the person he missed most, Jessica. Jessica blinked at him too, surprised by his actions. 
 
The doctor walked towards him with a worried face. "Myungsoo-ssi, are you alright? What are you experiencing-" 
 
"I'm fine. I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something. Don't worry about it." He gave the doctor an assuring smile, and smiled at Jessica, only to find her frowning and shook her head at him. 
 
He let out a small sigh before forming a thin line on his lips. "Jessica-ssi called us just now to inform us that you have awoken from your coma" He smiled. 
 
Myungsoo nodded. "Yeah" He answered. "You do know that you have been sleeping for one year, right?" He asked him while flipping through papers in his file, when Jessica was taking a seat. 
 
His eyebrows arched up for a second and stared at him blankly. "Woa.. I know, but that long?" He looked down. 
 
Everybody stayed silent until the doctor told me that I was fine and will be discharged today. 
 
The doctor and nurse left, leaving only me and Jessica in the room. "Sica, do you wanna get some ice-cream?" I asked her, trying to cheer her up. 
 
She looked at me in surprise, with a wide smile but then it turned into a cold expression. "Maybe" She played eith her fingers.
 
Well that worked alright, well, sort of. "But I'm still mad at you" she said as she stood up. 
 
I frowned as I felt pain in my arm. And I just realized that it was covered with a bandage. I frowned, wondering what had happened and then it hit me. 
 
My little cousin played with a silver fork and 'accidentally' poked it on my arm while I was in a coma, about 4 days ago. 
 
I wonder how I hadn't woke up at that moment though. Jessica really is a life saver. 
 
Jessica stopped at her tracks as she heard Myungsoo yelp in pain and staring at his arm. 
 
She sighed as she searched for the first aid kit and ran towards Myungsoo. 
 
"Gosh, Myungsoo" she sighed as she unlocked the box. Myungsoo looked at her, waiting for what she was going to do. 
 
He had the same feeling when she treated him at first. 
 
Jessica slowly unwrapped the bandage and threw it in the garbage. "Seriously Myung, you shouldn't do this to yourself anymore. You're getting hurt" She said as she took out the alcohol bottle and cotton bud. 
 
Myungsoo's eyes widened and Jessica noticed it. She but her bottom lip to prevent herself from laughing. 
 
"It's okay Myungie" She chuckled as her hand drew closer and closer towards the fork holes. 
 
Myungsoo but his bottom lip, clenched his fist and squeezed his eyes tightly, ready for Jessica's action. 
 
It didn't hurt at all. It sting a bit but he felt like he was used to it. He stared at Jessica as she rubbed the alcohol around the holes. 
 
And he remembered that she was the one who changed his bandage every single day. 
 
Jessica wrapped the new bandage around his arm, slowly and carefully, not wanting to hurt the fragile person. 
 
She was the one who took care of him while he was in a coma, when his own parents wasn't there for him. 
 
He grinned widely when Jessica smiled, satisfied with her work. 
 
"Is it okay now?" She asked, without smiling. "U-uh, yeah." He answered. Before she could stand up, he grabbed her wrist, causing her to turn around.
 
"I'm so sorry. I swear I'll never do that kind of thing to you ever again. I swear I won't joke like that." He apologized. 
 
Her cold, icy emotion melted, her face softened a little, knowing that Myungsoo was always sincere when it comes to apologizing. 
 
"I'm sorry if I hurt you." He but his bottom lip, slowly letting go of Jessica's wrist. 
 
She smiled immediately after his apology. "I forgive you" She said. Myungsoo's face lightened up. "Really??" He asked in disbelief. "You know I can't stay mad at you for so long" She chuckled at herself and sat down. 
 
Myungsoo smiled at himself. Finally. 
 
"Hey?" Myungsoo called her. "Yeah?" She answered, with her head resting on her right arm, admiring the peaceful surrounding. 
 
"Have you been lonely for the past year?" He asked her. Jessica looked down. She knew that Myungsoo would want 100% truth. 
 
"Of course I have. When I went to school everyday, I would just stay at the rooftop and thinking about the guy who would who would pull me away from English class when he has a free period, or the guy who would pull me away from the cafeteria to the music room, where we goof around, or.. Or the guy who'd protect me from danger." She looked down and sighed. 
 
Myungsoo stared at her, feeling a lump in his throat before he apologized. "I'm so sorry." He said, preventing tears to fall. 
 
Jessica turned I her right and looked at him. "Sorry for what?" She smiled, holding his hand. 
 
"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you for a whole year. I'm so sorry, I-" But he was cut off with a kiss. 
 
Jessica didn't know what was happening to her but she couldn't hold it any longer. She was too tired of holdin back her confession. 
 
After their first, long-awaited kiss, Myungsoo looked at her in the eyes deeply with his dark, mysterious eyes before smiling. 
 
"Jessica, let's get married" 
 

OH MY FRICKIN GOD WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WROTE THAT LAST SENTENCE ASDFGHJKL. I was bored so I wrote this. Excuse me if it was crappy because I was just.. bored. Really guys, I am so sorry. But I finished lots of one-shots and I guess I'll be posting them today :D
 
Oh, and I have made some changes. I'll be changing the chapter names to just Chapter 1, 2, yada yada yada.. just to surprise you guys with the pairings of the one-shots :)