Behind That Mask

Ice Princess' One-Shot Collection ღ

Behind That Mask

{  A seHunjesSica story  }

 
"What's this?" Jessica asked herself as she picked up an envelope from the mailbox outside. 
 
As soon as she got the envelope out, her eyes sparkled as she saw how pretty the envelope was. 
 
It was a pink envelope with the border covered with printed laces.(?) idk.  It didn't say anything on the envelope, except for the address for her house at the back.
 
As soon as she walked into her mansion, she sat down on the high chair placed beside the counter table, where she opened the envelope slowly an carefully, wanting to keep it later on. 
 
She froze in place as she heard her mother calling her. "Yes mommy?" She shouted back. 
 
"Did you get the letters?" Her mom shouted from the living room. "Nothing except one!" She shouted back. 
 
Little did she know, her mom was grinning happily, knowing what was going on. Normally, Jessica would feel weird if her mom wouldn't answer her. But this time, she was too caught up by the letter in that beautiful envelope.
 
"Invitation? Nope?" She asked herself as she got the hard paper out and placed it on the envelope, holding it. 
 
"Ms. Jung Jessica Sooyeon" She read, frowning. "Okay.." She said slowly. 
 
"You are invited to Mr. and Mrs. Oh's Masquerade Ball" She continued reading it and paused. Oh? Oh family? I think I've heard about them somewhere.. She froze in place. "Masquerade Ball??" She gasped. 
 
She has never attended a Masquerade Ball in her whole life, even though she's the Jung Jessica. A Jung. One of the richest family in South Korea. Known just by her surname. 
 
Jessica blinked a few times at the invitation card before reading the rest. "An event for our son's birthday event, Mr. Oh Sehun. We look forward to your presence to this Masquerade Ball, thank you." I am freaking bad at this. She blinked again. Oh Sehun. Familiar too. 
 
But not long after she thought about their son's name, she squealed like a hardcore fan girl who's ovaries about to explode. 
 
"Mom! Mom! Dad! Dad!!" She ran straight to her parents who were in the living room, watching TV. 
 
Their parents looked up only to find their only child jumping in between them, blocking the TV.
 
"Jessica dear, you're blocking the TV" He groaned as he signaled Jessica to move away from the TV. 
 
"I got invited to a masquerade ball!!!" She quelled and jumped around like a little kid. 
 
"By who?" Her mother grinned again. "Mr. and Mrs. Oh. Who are they? They seem familiar" She frowned as she stopped squealing and her emotion turned back to The Jessica Face. 
 
Their parents frowned at Jessica before answering her. "They're our best friends!" 
 
Jessica frowned. "Oh, the one who took care of me when you and daddy went on a business trip when I was 6?" She asked. 
 
"Yes!" They exclaimed. "Well how do I know? You guys always mention them by their first names" She pouted. 
 
Her parents didn't know what to say anymore but to roll their eyes. Her mother stood up while her dad sat up straight. 
 
"Let's go get you ready" Her mom gave her an assuring smile while placing her hands on Jessica's shoulders.
 

Jessica looked at herself in the mirror while her mother was fixing up touches at the back of her dress. 
 
She blinked twice before smiling and let out a satisfied sigh. "I can't believe that this is really happening." She grinned. 
 
Her mom stood up straight and smiled, placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders, and looked at each other's reflections in the mirror. 
 
"Just for you, dear" She kissed her daughter's head and smiled again. Jessica frowned when her mom said that. "What do you mean?" She asked her, turning around. 
 
"How did you get invited to this party then?" Her mom grinned. Jessica's eyebrows arched up. "You mean, you asked them to invite me?" She asked her. 
 
Her mom gave her a smile before answering. "They wanted to invite you on the same day we had plans for you. But I realized that attending a masquerade ball was your dream. So I had a long thought about it and have them the permission to do so." She said. 
 
Jessica froze in place and not long after that, she gave her mom a hug. "Thank you mom" She smiled. 
 
Just then, Jessica sat down on her bed, spacing out. "What's wrong?" Her mom asked her. 
 
Jessica's eyes shot up to look at her and shook her head. "A date. I hope that 'man of my dreams' will appear." She outed and sighed. 
 
Ever since Jessica was a kid, attending a masquerade ball was one. But finding the one during the ball was two. 
 
"Don't worry about it. You will. I know you will." Her mom kissed her forehead before she gave Jessica a hug. 
 
Yeah, sure.
 

"Um, just water please" She requested. The man at the bar rose his eyebrow. "Are you kidding me?" He blinked at her. Jessica frowned. "Is that a solid? You asked me what would I like to drink. Is pouring a glass of plain water would be difficult for you?" She asked. 
 
He rolled his eyes and did what he was ordered to. "I don't wanna get drunk on my first masquerade ball, geez" She mumbled under her breath. 
 
Out of nowhere, somebody was shifting to a seat right beside her, asking her to dance with him. 
 
Jessica looked at him. God, not again. "No thank you." She waved her hand a no. 
 
It wasn't that she didn't want to. It was just that he wasn't her type. And if she accepted him, she couldn't just ditch him in the middle of a slow song. 
 
Ever since she came in, tons of guys asked her to dance with them. And of course, she rejected them, one by one. 
 
Nobody seems to catch my eye. 
 
Who's that guy again? Oh..? S-hun? Hun? What? 
 
"Here's your water, miss" The employee passed her a glass of water, unamused. Jessica rolled her eyes at him. "Thanks anyway" She said. 
 
"Ayo Yeolli, orange juice" She ears a guy beside her saying that. "Whaaaaat? Dude you can't be serious. First this pretty lady asked me for a drinking water and now juice?! What the hell's wrong with you people? It's a bar. You're supposed to order wine or beer or-" 
 
"Chill, Chanyeol" I looked at the guy who was assuring his friend to calm down but could still maintain a straight face. 
 
How could he do that? Maintaning a poer-face while talking.
 
"Fine S-" "SHH." He cut him off. Jessica frowned. S? "Oh right. Anonymous" Chanyeol rolled his eyes and passed him a glass of orange juice. 
 
While Sehun was looking around, sighing, his eyes landed on a skinny, perfect, petite figure with a middle-length black and white dress, face covered with a black eye mask, taking a sip of a glass of plain water. 
 
All he could do was blink at her. This is was the possibly hundredth girl he saw today. But the first one who caught his eyes. 
 
While she was drinking, Jessica felt uncomfortable. God, I feel like someone's watching me. Jessica turned around, only to meet with the person beside her's eyes, but fortunately, maintained her cold face. 
 
"What?" She asked him, placing the glass down. Nice, Jessica. He blinked several times again. "Nothing" He had his poker face on again. 
 
They both looked away, wearing the same, cold, neutral face. 
 
Wasn't he supposed to ask me to dance, or was there something on my face?
 
Wasn't she supposed to blush madly and giggle or is she on her period? 
 
They both sighed as they asked themselves the question. 
 
Little did they both know, they both got up, ready to leave, but accidentally  bumped into each other, staring at each other's eyes. 
 
The moment was perfect until Jessica let out a small cough and looked away and Sehun blinked numerous times.
 
She slowly turned around, going to another direction. Sehun blinked twice, thrice, until he grabbed her by the wrist, mouth half-opened, mentally scolding himself on what he just did. 
 
But on the other side he didn't regret it one single bit. 
 
"W-would you like to dance?" He asked her, face showing no emotion, at all. 
 
Jessica looked at him blankly. Geez is this guy a robot or what. "U-um, sure?" She answered. 
 
His face softened. "That wasn't a question" He grinned. Jessica smiled at him immediately. 
 
That neutral, poker-faced guy wasn't there anymore. "Okay then" She smiled again, leaning closer to him. 
 
"Yes, I would like to." He smiled at her. Heck, he's not even conscious of what he was doing now. Smiling? At a stranger? That wasn't him. 
 
He let out a small laugh before he lead her to the wide room, designated for dancing. 
 
It's been almost 5 minutes since they've been dancing. 5 minutes without saying a single word but just stare at each other's eyes, and moving slowly to the slow music. 
 
They both had to admit that it was beautiful. It was like whenever they would stare deeply into each other's eyes, they thought that they were meant for each other. 
 
"Isn't it beautiful?" Jessica asked herself without herself knowing. "Gosh, I wish this moment would never end" She talks to herself again. 
 
Sehun chuckled at her cute action and Jessica took notice of it. "What's wrong?" She frowned. "Is that your habit?" He asked her. 
 
She looked at him blankly. "What habit?" "Talking to yourself" He couldn't help but chuckle again. 
 
Jessica frowned and her eyes shot up. "O-oh.. Did I do that? Hehe.. Gosh, nice, Jessica, nice" She looked down. Sehun smiled to himself knowing that she did that again. 
 
He shook his head at how cute this girl was. "I cannot believe that I haven't met you before. Where have you been?" He whispered that last sentence, which caused Jessica to jump a little. 
 
She pouted, thinking of an answer. "Anywhere but your world?" She answered and chuckled. 
 
Sehun smiled. "But you're already in it" God, Sehun what has gotten into you? 
 
Jessica could feel heat rising up to her cheeks and made her blush. "Who are you?" She asked him before giggling. 
 
"Hmm, it's my birthday today." He gave her a clue. Her eyebrows arched up, though they were covered by the mask, it was still visible if you read her eyes. 
 
"Oh Sehun?" She asked. "So, I'm dancing with the birthday boy." She nodded, wrinking her nose. "Aren't you gonna freak out?" He asked her. She blinked at him. "Freak out? Because you're the Oh Sehun?" She let out a small laugh and shook her head. 
 
"You're different, in a good way." He said. "I like it." He continued, making Jessica smile. "Thanks" Sh bit her bottom lip.
 
"So what's your name, m'lady?" He asked and chuckled. 
 
Jessica laughed at how cute he was, wondering where the guy whom she met at the bar went. Sehun froze in place, totally mesmerized by her laugh. Gosh, did he just felt butterflies in his stomach. 
 
"Not now m'gentleman" She hold up her index finger and shook it. "Why not? I wanna know who my Cinderella is" He pouted. 
 
She shook a head a no. He rolled his eyes playfully before a phone rang. Wow, romantic moment pooper. They both sighed. 
 
It took a while until Jessica realized that it was her phone ringing. Jessica s her arms away from Sehun's shoulders and his arms away from her petite waist. 
 
"Hello..?" She answered her phone. "Jessica, I need your help now! Oh, I am so sorry if I ruined your ball, but it's really urgent" Her mom pleaded on the other side of the line. 
 
Jessica smiled and looked at Sehun who was still staring at her. "Yeah mom, you just ruined the perfect night there is." 
 
Sehun smiled at her and chuckled. "I'll be there." She ended the call with a sigh. 
 
She quickly turned around, feeling guilty, until she felt someone grabbing her by the wrist. 
 
It was that feeling again. The feeling when Sehun grabbed her wrist to ask her to dance. 
 
She turned around slowly to find Sehun's face filled with curiosity. "What's your name?" He asked her. 
 
She smiled before leaning closer to his ear. "Jessica. Jung Jessica" 
 
 
 
 

That was just, effing horrible. Idk, I just had to post it without improvising it because of you guys. *sigh* I owe you guys another one-shot. 

Oh! Good news! Summer vacation starts n o w! So that means I'll be updating more often :D