L O S T

Shadow of an Angel

L O S T


Lost- confused: having lost your bearings; having gone astray or missed the way; bewildered as toplace, direction


 

HyunJoong

The snow was slowly fading in the streets of Seoul. Winter was already at its end but even with the warming climate, his heart seemed to be encased in cold ice…

He walked by himself, covered in his winter clothes. He was watching all the people walking and children playing. but in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city he felt everything to be so unreal. he felt so out of place…

In all the smiling faces of other people, all he thought was, ‘how can they laugh when she was gone..?’

‘How could the world be okay when she was gone..’ he continued thinking. And as he kept thinking about her, the smiling face of Luna came back haunting his mind, bringing a thousand swords piercing into his heart.

As he closed his eyes, he felt all the agony and pain that was slowly crushing his heart. All he wanted to do was take his heart and make it numb, just to stop all the pain…

He stopped and stood at the lonely shade of the oak tree – all alone.

Alone, in agony and in unbearable pain...

He sighed heavily, fighting to keep his blurring eyes from tearing up.

But how ever much he tried to stop it, his eyes seemed to have a brain of its own cause tears just flowed like lava – painful, agonizing, big and arrogant.

He collapsed in the partially covered roots of the oak tree where a tomb lay.

He  read the words inscribed in the tomb, “here lies the body of Hwang Luna… 

“a miracle worker, the healer, an Angel among the living …"

"Eternally an  EARTH ANGEL...”

As the words seep through his mind and senses, he felt his soul being ripped into a million pieces...

And all he could do was cry, as he did for the past 2 weeks upon hearing of her death.

And now outside, in the cold winter season - he collapses on her last resting place. And he screamed her name. “LUNA……!!!!!!”

Cause he still couldn’t accept the fact that she gone he cried her name again, "LUNAAAaaa!!!!"

But he was answered with the winter breeze and deafening silence...

.... Because she was gone, she was not among the living anymore....

And he was alone...

he was one with the living but his choice but living like the dead...

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

She watched him. And as she watched him, she saw him cry like a little boy, he seemed so lost in her anguish. She felt a sense of loss and unreal ness of the situation.

She had watched as the nurses tended to him with the IV drips, with the cleaning of his face, with the checking of medicine. She tried to reach out but when she did, her hands just went straight through…

And now she watched as he broke down and cry. He was crying and pleading and he was alone in his agony…

She sighed but then no air seemed to go out. She sat in the coldness of the ending winter season watching over him. To check if he could sense her like she did him, but he seemed so deep into his own pain to ever feel anything other than his own unbearable emetions.

It was 12 o’clock at noon; she had been with him since 2 weeks when she healed him. After she had healed him, all she felt was pain beyond imagine followed by darkness beyond thought...

Then she felt like she was flown over and she saw her body at her feet. Then her soul left and he was miraculously alive and with a strong pulse…

Then soft and familiar hands suddenly held and touched her. She turned around and was face to face with her forever smiling and gentle Taecyeon.

She became speechless, but he smiled and as always his presence was a sense of relief and comfort to her…

“oppa..” she called him tenderly

“Luna… How have you been..?” he asked. Upon hearing his familiar soft and warm voice, tears streamed down her tears and she ran and threw herself at him…

“Luna… How have you been..?” he asked again but he answered him with her sobbing. 

“Oppa… Oppaa.. Its you right…? Taecyeon oppa its you..” she said after a few moments when she was able to control her sobs.

She called his name over and over again. Taecyeon comforted her like before. He was still the same old Taecyeon she remembered, even in death or the other side of life, he still had the power to comfort her.

After what seemed like eternity of crying, she finally got control over her emotion and she looked up at the smiling handsome face of  Taecyeon

“oppa..?” she called

“its okay Luna, you need not cry anymore… " Taecyeon said, assuring her.

“but oppa, what about HyunJoong-shi…” she asked in a voice much like the wind

“Don’t worry about him Luna…” he said, and Taecyeon gave her a smile again, “even here in the after life, you can always guide, watch over, and be by his side…”

“ It is just like what I did when I couldn’t be physically by your side. Cause as I have said I will always be your superman, I have always been by your side guiding you…all through this time” he said with the same gentle words that was Taecyeon.

“so do you mean that all this time you were by my side…” she asked

Taecyeon nodded and smiled at her, “yes, and now that you are here, you should be the same with HyunJoong, always guide him…"

"he needs all the guidance he can get…” he smiled ruefully at her.

“and together, even if we may not be physically with him, we can spiritually guide him…” taecyeon added when a frown was forming in her brow.

"you can be by his side..." he said with finality, "watching over him.... guiding him.."

she looked at Taecyeonand asked for confirmation, "i can be by his side..."

"you can be foreverby his side like this...", he confirmed

Taecyeonand Luna watched over as HyunJoong wailed, cried and pleaded his agony in the cold winter season...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- T H E     E N D -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


ahhhh. i dont know if this was an okay ending. i coulnt think of any other ending. ideas leave me at the moment. so i will end it here. hope you like this.

this was a short story but i guess i just dragged on. Hope you like the ending mary. I am sorry if i ended it this way.

anyway thanks to mecheko unnilove it that we always think almost alike. thanks for helping me out with some scenes here unnii. and hehehe still love City of angels (thats is my other inspiration fo this story...)