REVIEW from Memorable Footsteps

Shadow of an Angel

Story Title: Shadow of an Angel
Author: czakhareina
Reviewed By: Silence113 

Title: 4/5
The title is relevant to the story. Though I’m sure that you could come up with something better, right? But I do see the originality of the title.

Forewords: 8/10
You kept the forewords short and simple. Although it tells very little about the story, it tells just enough to arouse curiousity as to why exactly was she lost. I love how the little bits of the forewords are related to chapters. Extra marks!

Poster: 4/5
All the right colours and all the right pictures. It does bring out the angst of the story. Though I’m not sure if it’s the layout of AF or not, you really should put a background. Because the white sort of ruined my mood while reading the story.

Originality/Creativity: 7/10
A lot of stories involve angels and guardians, especially after a loved one dies. You just have a more creative way of incorporating them into the story.

Flow: 13/15
I think it’s just me, but I was confused at some parts of the story. I don’t know whether it’s the past or the present. Especially when switching POVs. It took me a couple of lines to realize that you’re repeating the same scene.

Plot: 14/15
Oh my God!! I cried reading this story! It’s so sad! Why must Luna die?? I was half expecting them to get together since Taecyeon died. Then again, I was half expecting it to be a sad ending. I’m gonna take a mark out because… I’m sorry but I don’t believe in perfection when it comes to writing stories.

Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling/Vocabulary: 17/20
All in all, I see no problem in this category. Just a few typos and slight grammatical errors. But those are just really really minor.
For example, in Chapter 1. Instead of ‘Nothing good thing ever happens…’, it should be ‘Nothing good ever happens…’
But it’s really really minor. I’m just quite a petty person. An extra mark for your super broad use of vocabulary!

Characterizations: 7/10
You didn’t really explain the characters of the story in the forewords. But the way you wrote the story is enough to let us know how each characters are.

Writing Style: 8/10
Your way of writing simply blew me away! It was really amazing! I like the fact that you use a lot of metaphors. Not too many to the point that you’re being long winded, but just enough to present your broadness in the language. But I’m taking an extra mark away because I didn’t like the fact that it’s center aligned.

Total: 82/100
Not bad considering I’m quite a fussy person. I’m sorry you didn’t get full marks, but as I mentioned earlier, I don’t believe in perfection when it comes to writings. I really liked your story and I’m looking forward to reading more. Keep up the good work!

Ps: I’m sorry that I’m so picky about certain things. And I’m sorry if some comments came off as rude remarks, but I’m quite a blunt person. Please don’t take it personally. =)