REVIEW from Versahtyle

Shadow of an Angel

 

R E V I E W

 


Review - reappraisal: a new appraisal or evaluation; an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)


 

 

Shadow of an Angel

 

Story URL: Shadow of an Angel
Author: czakhareina
Reviewer: EverlastingQ.


Title: 4/5
The title is really interesting, it's very unique and one of a kind. It somehow.. gives me this really strange feeling. I don't know how to describe it, but once I read it, it instantly gets me all hyped up. It's a great title, it's able to capture the eyes of readers.

Poster/Background: 8/10
Your poster is lovely, it somehow shows tragicalness and strong emotional emotions, I think it's because of the colours you've used, blue and black. If you didn't know, the colour blue symbolizes peace and calmness. Black symbolizes power, mystery and death (which explains the angel in this story). I'm sorry for talking about all these things that are irrelevant to the story, but yeah. So in my opinion, I don't really like the poster. I hate how it's so dull and dark, there should be a light shade of some bright colour. I haven't started reading, and I'm really curious to how the story will go. I'm already expecting something rather sadistic.

- hahaha never really thought about it that way. personally i love the colors black and clue cause it is easy on the eyes. but anyway as mentioned previously. it is all Mary



Forewords: 8/10
I love the forewords, so much! Although it was short, the words in your sentences were really strong. It gives me this really emotional feel, just like your poster, and I was able to really adapt to it quickly. It's great that you've listed all your chapters into it, with the link aswell. What I think ruined your forewords was all the spaces between each of the sections. You really didn't have to do separate them too far apart, it's pointless.

 

-  the spaces is just there due to my own quirk. since the foreword looks weird if i do it in an essay, i added some 'creative' feel to it.. well that is just me. so i changed it. only one space. 

Plot: 12/15
I'm not very fond of all these angels and devils fanfictions, so I wasn't really amused from the beginning. But as I read through, your story actually had a... better meaning to it. It was really interesting and I loved it.

 

- really, you are not a fan of angel stories..? have you watched Supernatural..? or the movie Gabriel..? or city of angels.. for me those stories are more interesting than vampires. Now a days vampire/werewolves/wizards/fairytale stories are common. but there are just a few angel stories out there...


Creativity/Originality: 13/15
What I loved most was your chapters' titles. It's really amusing how some of the words in your forewards, adds up to the sub titles of your story's chapters. It's very creative. I also love how you provided some songs to go along with your chapters, it's very thoughtful.

- actually i only added the forewords with all the chapters included at the end. that was when i decided to get you guys to review it.. kekeke Love you for liking it... the music, its one of  my quirks cause mostly those are the song that inspired me in writing..



Flow: 10/10
Your story's flow was pretty well. It didn't go too fast nor too slow. There wasn't any confusing parts because of the flow, so it was well done.

-so glad to hear/read that...


Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 5/10
I'm going to mention a few mistakes I've spotted throughout the story. Some are very common, and easily noticed. If you re-read your chapters at least two-three times, you'll be able to find and correct them.
In writing pieces, you do not use numbers, you spell them out. Here's some mistakes that you've made.
"...bowed to him 90 degrees...etc."
"The path & the distance was about 3 meters away."
"She made 10 piercing step to the front of the door."
Instead of 90, 3 and 10, it should have been ninety, three and ten. In the last example that I've stated, if it's more than one step, then the word 'step' should be plural (steps).
"No good thing ever happens to her with any consequence. No good thing...!"
What is this sentence suppose to mean? I think you've make a little mistake there. Instead of with, I think it should have been without. Am I right?

- hahaha still havent had time to edit my spelling errors... anyway i will just do it later after i updated with my other stories.



Characterization: 9/10
I love the way you described the situations, it's very precise and detailed. When you describe the emotional feelings the characters feel, I can pretty much adapt to it. You did a pretty good job describing the characters' physical appearance. Oh and, why wasn't Heechul mentioned again throughout the story?

- as i write the parts in my story i keep imagining it so vividly. this is one of the reason i couldnt do it as a one shot. i cant seem to describe everything with just one chapter. it feels so incomplete.. really i will erase Heechul... he is getting on my nerves...


Writing Style: 7/10
You state "-------'s POV" when it changes scenes. But if it is a character's point of view, then it should have been written in first person instead of third, it's the whole point for all these POVs. I really hate it every time I see the symbol '&', you're not meant to use that in stories, you spell it out instead. Also, I don't like it how every time when you start a dialogue, you don't capitalize the the first letter. I don't know whether you've forgotten to or whether it's just the way you write (but I think it's the latter), you seem to always forget to capitalize certain letters after you've finished a sentence with a full stop. When you don't need to capitalize the letters, you do so even if it isn't a proper noun.
But well, other than the things I've mentioned, you're writing style is very neat and it was easy to read, and not at all confusing. They're very descriptive, understandable and I was able to picture the situations very clearly in my mind.

- i have changed that part already. thanks...


Overall Enjoyment: 4/5
I'm glad I was requested to review this, I enjoyed it. I apologize for the late review, I've been quite busy and so forth. Anyway, thanks for requesting at Ver-sah-tyle. :3

 

- its okay about the late review i mean. i am not in a hurry. BUt so glad that you love my fic... *bow* kamsahmida...
 

Sub-Total: 80/100
 

Extras: 2/5
 

 

Total: 82/105

 

 

shop: Versahtyle