S A C R I F I C E

Shadow of an Angel

S A C R I F I C E


Sacrifice- The act of offering something to a deity in propitiation or homage, especially the ritual slaughter of an animal or a person or to sell or give away at a loss.


HyunJoong

He watched her from a distance as she serenely sleeps in the white room of the hospital. He walked closer to have a better look at her. Her face was pale but as he reached to touch & caress her cheeks it was as soft and as smooth as silk.

He sat to the seat beside the bed and listened to her rhythmic breathing patterns. he looked & caressed every inch of her face..

From her gently closed eyes, to her soft & smooth cheeks, to her perfectly pointed and angled nose and to her pinkish and marshmallow soft lips...

As seconds of watching her turn to minutes of memories of the conversations he had with Her, with Uriel and with 'her' Taecyeon came back rushing back to him....

and a decision made its way to his head..

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

Warm hands touching her face woke her up from her deep sleep. she opened her eyes to the darkness, silence, coolness and loneliness of the room. And she called to him, "is that you...?"

She brought her hands to her right cheeks where the warm hands that caressed her seemed to linger. She closed her eyes and sighed again like the many times before...

She was alone and lonely again in her room...

‘alone again...’

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

HyunJoong

He was standing at the edge of the 100 storey building. He remembered being on top of a building the last time, the time he first saw her, the time he first helped her, the time he first touched her.

That time he had spread his arms wide feeling the wind all over his body. He breathed in the smell of the opening autumn season.

Now as like before he looked at the ground, it was a long way down from the top of the building. One wrong move and it would be the last goodbye, one wrong step and it was farewell forever & one little slip and it was the end.

But for him one slip, one step and one slide with the pure intention of falling is being free, free from all but the gut that was telling him that it was his choice and it was his right...

He had heard about the legends of fallen angels, where the holy creatures of God choose to fall to earth and be like the humans that room aimlessly. the fallen angle who came to walk beside humans as humans.

For centuries he had thought that those angels were foolish to have chosen the life of a human from a life being an angel, a holy creature, a being close to God.

Humans walked on earth with their confusing state of mind, aimless goals and life targeted towards the servitude of men only. While them- the angels- were the soldiers and creatures who were free to roam in his paradise with God. they, the angels, were truly blessed that was what he thought...

But now standing at the edge of the ledge remembering the Legends, all he wished with all his heart is that the Legends were true...

that him, an angel will become the fallen if they choose.

to fall on earth.

Dive head down to the earth of humans playground. To be one of them- one of the humans.

To experience pain, agony and love...

he Looked at the people walking, running, skipping along the cold winter season and all he wished was to be one of them so that he can be with her, be by her side. be physically and emotionally be with her so she wouldn’t be lonely anymore..

‘So that she wouldn’t wish to leave the earth with dreams of uniting with her loved ones...’ he thought ruefully

To give her a reason to fight for her life. To make her fight for her life cause there is a person on earth waiting and rooting for her to live. And it would be him,  because he couldn’t think of thing where she would no longer smile her gentle smile, caress the children with her soft hands and look at him with those soulful eyes...

Cause he will fight for her. he will fight with her and he would even fight against her to live. Because he can’t exist without her…

If he dives, leaps, jumps and falls head first then he would be the fallen then became human, if legends were true.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes to all the shouts and call given by Uriel. Then with one step, one skip, one lead he plunge to earth.

He felt the wind in his arms and all of his memories of centuries of servitude passed before his eyes like a film record. He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable end from the dive of 100 storey building..

He waited...

And waited...

And waited...

Until Bang....!

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

She saw him being dragged through the door - bloodied, hurt and fighting for his life.

She stood in her place for what seemed like eternity in the moments that passed...

'it cant be him...'she reasoned with her self

'He is an angel, he can’t be hurt and he can’t die...'she told herself while watching as the doctors try to revive hyunJoong’s life...

Chaos reined in her mind and in the emergency room as the doctors fight for his life. Then the machine attached to his heart read a fine straight line with just the sound of continuous ‘TTTttttHHhhhhEEEeeeeeeetttt…………’

Her heart bounded out of her body as she felt the all too familiar pain of losing someone she loves.

The doctors fought for 3 minutes to save his life but it felt like eternity to her.

they eventually gave up…

She wheeled her wheelchair near him, as she looked at the bloodied body, pulse less arms, non breathing lungs, pale face and closed eyes And tears streamed down her eyes like blood.

She slowly reached for his lifeless hands, still shocked, ‘he is an angel… He can’t be hurt and he can’t die… then why..?’

She called him, “hyuNJoong.. wake up…?!”

But silence was the answered and finally breaking down she screamed his name, “HyunJoong…!!!!”

and all she did was keep crying and begging “Please Come Back….!!!”

“…Be Alive..”

“HyunJoong…!!!!”

“Please…!!!”

“HYUNJOONG… Please…. Be Alive…”