T R U T H

Shadow of an Angel

T R U T H


Truth- a fact that has been verified or the conformity to reality or actuality


Hyun Joong

it had taken him a while to see and feel her pain. He had been blinded with the happiness she was feeling when she was healing that he didnt sense her physical pain.

It was a shock to him, how much she had kept from him. He closed his eyes to the surroundings, closed his ears to every noise and closed his senses to everything except her. And focused on her.

He heard her call, 'please heal Jinwoon, please let him live as a normal boy...'

Then he felt the warmness of her energy transfer to the little boy as she was singing a song to him...

Then beneath all the warmness he felt it again, her pain - like a thousand daggers slicing through her flesh. He opened his eyes and he saw how serenely she smiled at Jinwoon - the balding cancer boy she was healing. Based from her features you can’t see any discomfort from her, but now he knew better. He knew what great secret she was hiding.

And he was shocked at his discovery. he was horrified at his new discovery, 'How did she keep it from him. Why would she keep it from him? Since when did she experience the pain..?'

All questions were lingering on his head as he observed as her from smilingly healing the little boy while she endured all pain.

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

His back was warm and comforting as he carried her again on his back.

She liked like a kid as she was being carried  on his back. and being carried so felt like she was where she was suppose to, it was like being home, being with a family and being loved. At the moment there wasn’t any place more special than here and now.

But his silence in the long walk back home was deafening so she called him, "hyunjoong- shi...?"

he stiffened then murmured, "hmmnnn..?"

"kwenchana..?" she asked in a whisper

She felt him nod and she sighed on the base of his neck where her head was safely position, "chencha..? Cause you seem so quiet..?"

"de i am okay..." he answered coldly

She was confused with his coldness, he had never been cold to her, 'he is an angel.. .’ she reasoned but she left him to his thoughts

After a couple of minutes of their long silence they were in front of her apartment.

He put her down as gentle as can be but due to her legs starting to loss its feeling from the healing, she slumped on the ground.

He immediately helped and she was finding words to explain and hide the truth. "ahh, i think i am tired from playing with jinwoon too much.."

Then he scooped her in his arms and carried her inside and  he asked "why did you keep it from me..?"

She was taken a back at the vehemence in his voice and started to deny, "ah its nothi---"

In a clear voice that echoed in the room he asked, "Luna why are you suffering this alone... why di you not tell me..."

she knew that there was no way to keep it from him anymore, no way to pass what he meant as a misunderstanding. she knows that he was talking about the pain that came hand in hand with healing.

but though he asked for an explanation, she was at a loss for words to tell him, so she remind silent.

there was no explanation to be had..

and seeing his haggard face, a sad flutter came over her heart. 

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Hyun joong

He watch her as she played with the kids she healed before - junsu, minzy, kyujong, jinwoon, Gyuri, Taemin, Amber, Key, Sunny, Sunmi, Ryewook, Wooyoung, Hyuna, Eunjung, Jaekyung, Seungri, Tomo, Jay, Shin and hwangbo. There were about 20 little boys and girls around her, visiting her.

These were the kids she met, visited and healed in the hospital and now the tables are turned, with them all healed they have come to visit her, in the hospital.

He watches as she laughed at the kids playing around her. All those kids were thankful at their 'healing unni..' and ‘superwoman-noona’ who had come and made them feel better.

And now with her weakening legs and senseless feet, she was in their shoes from before - sick, weak, ill and with a life expectancy..

He watched her intently, erasing all other except her. and as he watch her, he felt new emotions he can’t describe - a gentle tug in his heart that has never happened in the thousand years of existence as an angel...

He closed his eyes and sensed her. he felt her through her happiness, beneath her happiness and through her real physical ordeal. he felt a thousand pins being pierced through her legs for a thousand times per minute. her pain was like his own now. 

he opened his eyes now as the pain was shooting through his flesh, but looking at her, all she was smiles and laughters. and the only sign of her agony is a deep intake of breath.

It was a contradiction he couldn’t comprehend...

As he stared at her, she must have felt him because she glanced at him and waved. she then gave him her signature smile again, it was his sunshine - her smile...

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

LUna

She lay in her hospital bed silently but she knew he was there by her side as always. Watching and looking after her.

She was getting confused by him.He was a contradiction to everything he represented.He had come to earth to be her guide to heal people with her gift. But he had been asking and begging her to stop healing and saving people...

He was a real contradiction..

She knew that he knew that she was awake and it was not surprise when he spoke into the dark night beside her bed, "Luna, I know you can hear me..."

she stayed still, letting the croaking of the frogs from the outside answer him

"Please stop this..." he said in anguished voice

Silence was her answer again

"You know what will happen if you continue this..?" he said in a whisper

She breathes in heavily...

"Luna, what’s the reason you are willing to feel all this pain..." he spoke again.

She breathes out forcefully...

"waeyo" he asked with the silence on the night

"is it because of Taecyeon...?" he accused

She opened her eyes, confused and shock by the question. She looked at him through the darkness she saw that she was staring at her.

She said his name, "hyunjoong......"

"its about him right..? you are enduring this pain and agony until it leads you to death" he voice carrying another accusation tone of voice

"all this to be with him right..?" he asked heavily

"Luna answer me, it’s about being with him right..." he clarified

She looked at him confused now more than ever. His words were more confusing as a turbulent storm and all she could say to him was, "HyunJoong-shi stop it, it’s not like that..."

He interrupted her, "then waeyo, why would you risk your life saving strangers and feeling all those agony all by yourself..?"

But she continued saying, "...hyunjoong you should understand more than anyone why I am doing this...”

"Yes i understand, it’s because of him...” he said as the words resounded in the 4 corners of the room

"No, you are the angel sent to guide me to the path of my destiny of healing people.. so you knew that this is how it will be..." she explained

"But…” he interrupted again...

She looked at him and said with finality, "…you were by my side when I started this journey of healing…”

“…so you must understand me.. this is my choice, my life, my right and my destiny..." she asked pleadingly