D E C I S I O N

Shadow of an Angel

D E C I S I O N


Decision- the act of making up your mind about something or a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration


 

HyunJoong

He watched her from a distance – she was radiant & serene. She was sitting by the window in the white room, singing a lullaby to a little boy sleeping on her lap.

He knew of the kid, his name was Junsu. He was the 7yr old Junsu-kid that screamed his lungs out everyday during his check-up. When he screamed, it sounded like a banshee screaming for her dear life.

He leaned against the wall listening to the gentle lullaby of Luna while rocking Junsu. Outside the darkening sky lines in the window dominated the world.

He closed his eyes and listened gently to her thought, 'please let his pain go away... please’

She repeated her plea many times for the health of junsu. She repeated the baby lullaby as well as continued her singing. as he felt her gift come over the boy like a shimmering warm liquid passing over her skin to Junsu, he sighed at the purity of the scene.  She sang her lullaby like it was a forever song but when then 6pm arrive & it was time for her to leave.

He walked to her side as she staggered to stand up while still holding Junsu. Seeing him, she smiled at him & He felt warm inside. Her smile was like sunshine - warm and gentle. He gently took the boy  from her arms and laid him to his bed while she sat in the chair quietly contemplating by herself. He left her to the privacy of her thoughts

As her strength came back, he waited for her at the same spot he had leaned before as he watched her healed junsu. Junsu called out to them, "Noona do you think i will get better..?"

She looked back and sat beside junsu. She patted his head gently, "ye, Noona already kissed it to make it heal... and now i will kiss it again so there would be no pain forever..."

She leaned to Junsu's and kissed him on the right cheek. Little Junsu closed his eyes again and fell asleep in no time. He stood by her for a couple of moments watching Little Junsu smile serenely & quietly...

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

In all her years of living, she can only count 3 times where she can really admit of feeling True happiness

First, her 7th birthday with her parents celebrated at a small restaurant in her hometown

Second, when her father came home after being missing for 3 days in sea fishing

Third, Taecyeon saying "Luna-ah, I am your Superman, I'll be forever by your side i love you" for the first time. But now sitting beside Little Minzy's side it was somewhat calming to her another happiness in her heart.

She never thought that she would feel more anything other than pain & agony after Taecyeon left her side but healing little kids has somehow made her a little bit happy...

She felt a poke on her side; she looked at the perky face of minzy. "unni, is it okay for me to take of my face mask..?"

She smiled at the 5yr old girl and she nodded. "But the doctors said that I need this unni for me not to be hurt..." minzy said

She smiled again at the smart little Minzy, "its okay, unni prayed for you to get better...."

Her face brightened and asked "so unni does this mean I can play with Daesug oppa outside...?"

She patted Minzy's hair and said "yes.. You can play all you want and be a normal little girl.."

Little minzy rejoiced on her own - laughing, singing, & clapping her hands together. then Minzy jumped up to stand and leaped to her lap to hug her tight and whispered to her ears, "unni komapta..."

And in the same sentence she continued, "unni look, Daesung oppa and that warm skinned oppa that is always by your side unni is here.."

She looked up while carrying with her minzy, and sure enough they were there walking towards them, little daesung the 9 yr old older brother of Minzy who was carried by her guardian on his shoulder.

Her eyes lingered at the smiling faced man. He who had brought her to the living by being by her side, he who had shown her the power she possessed was a gift and not a curse. he who had let it be silently be known that he was anything but of this world.

She smiled at herself thinking, 'he was but anything expected, but then i was never expecting an angel to be by my side...'

She brushed the hair that was down to her face and looked at the Daesung and hyunjoong coming to them..

Though True happiness was still so hard to accept, she does smile with a thankful heart. She was thankful to be able to save little boys and girls like Junsu and minzy...

Minzy waved at the 2 boys and she followed suit and waved to little daesung and hyunjoong

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

HyunJoong

He walked by the hallway and turned in the first room. He saw her sit with closed eyes leaning her head at the back rest. He knew she was tired from healing, it always did that to her. And now after taking care and healing a teenager named Sunmi from MS, he can clearly feel energy that was at its lowest in her body.

He knelled by her side and stared at her calm face, then gently her eyes fluttered open to him.
Seeing him, she smiled and he smiled back at her. Then she asked, "You’ve been waiting long..?"

He shook his head and asked, "are you tired..?"

She shook her head and replied, "anyo, just resting waiting for you.."

She started to stand up but she collapsed back to her seat and winced....

He felt her loss her balance and lose her energy and she turned his back to her and said, "You can’t walk when you are weak, I’ll just carry you in my back..."

She protested, "anni, i can manage..."

he looked back and with all seriousness said, "I’ll not let you walk like this, its either you sleep her or I carry you.."

Before she could protest more, he grabbed her hand and pulls her to his back. He secured her to his back and stood up. And he felt her fall asleep. He was content and happy carrying her as she slept...

 

- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -

 

Luna

She felt like a thousand punches being delivered to her gut. She breath heavily and she felt like air was burning inside her lungs that made her grip her chest tight. Her vision blurred and blackened. She willed herself to breathe, "Luna breathe IN & out, calm down..." she convinced herself

She was safe in the confines of the room, safe from the questioning look of little Kyu Jong and far from the sight of Hyunjoong who she asked for a little errand..

'Luna you can do this...'she told herself as she felt a piercing pain through her heart. After a few minutes she felt the pain subside but she could no longer feel her feet. She felt scared and then terrified and all she wanted to do was scream but then she remembered her mother, her father and Taecyeon. 'They lost more than their feet to her curse.. .’

Then she heard a soft knock and a call, "luna, are you there..?"

She composed & calmed herself by deep breathing. And when finally she was ready, when the pain she was feeling was safely kept in her happiness of healing she opened the door. She knew she looked a mess but she was okay as long as he doesn’t know the truth of what she was going through...

"kwenchana..?" he asked worriedly

She smiled at him & simply asked, "HyunJoong-shi, can you carry me again on your back...?"

She tilted her head and added, "cause the last time you carried me, i loved the warmness of you that i was able to sleep well... can i...?"

With out anything to protest he just nodded his head and carried her back home...

And the warmness of his back was like a lullaby to the tired ad exhausted body of Luna...