L I F E

Shadow of an Angel

L I F E


Life - is a characteristic that distinguishes things that have signaling & self-sustaining processes from those that do not or the difference between the living objects or the non-living objects


HyunJoong

 

 
He watched her from the corner of the room like a mother cat watching her kittens. He stayed with her, never leaving her presence.
 
Ever since he meet her in the street, he had always been by her side, guarding her. As he watched her in her most comfortable aura, he marveled at how pure & gentle her image was at that very moment.
 
He watched as her fingers seem to dance and sway through the white & black keys of the piano. Her fingers moved with pure grace. He slightly closed his eyes as melody engulfed his heart and mind, with the rhythm of her beautiful music.
 
Just when he thought that the music she created with the piano was pure perfection her lips opened to shower the world with the purest & most heavenly music he had ever heard.
 
Hearing her music he felt as thought he is back home, in the heavens. He closed his eyes & listened to her wonderful music that seem to make his mind draw the perfect picture of heaven with all the pillars, flowers, trees and creatures.
 
Her music was like the background of the wonderful heaven that he called home.
 
He was startled at her magnificence, her beauty, her gentleness, her innocence,  her music and her voice -- her everything. Time seemed to pass by like a breeze of the northern wind-- gentle and flowing.
 
He listened to her for the next 2 hours while time flowed like river water. When the last note of the piano reached a high "do", a loud and happy applause followed. She had finished her encore song as farewell to all the little kids that were gently enraptured by her music.
 
She gave them a gruff nod and bow as goodbye.  The seemingly distant action of recognition to the kids she had played piano for the past 5 years..
 
He looked with curiosity at this oddity, still wondering at her weird ways. She moved away from the kids and walk outside, he soon followed her like a shadow. 
 
Following her, he watched at how she touched her hair to place it femininely at the crook of her ears. He listened as she hummed to the music that she was listening to on her i-pod and he smiled at himself.
 
He was rounding the corner near the church when he saw a few people gathered by the big sakura tree people. He sensed the moment she understood the reason of the commotion with the crowd.She stopped in her tracks and looked at them with tension radiating out of her. 
 
She stood like a statue and he felt everything that was happening to her like it was his own. he was breathless just as her labored breathing started, his heart felt and was in harmony with racing heartbeat and her climbing migraine was making his head pound like a hammer.
 
He watched for her next move. waiting for her decision and for her choice.
 
She looked at the crowd again waiting. The growing tension and grimness of the crowd seem to fly over to them with hallowness.
 
Then a howling scream from a little girl came calling, "mommy, mommy... mommy please don’t leave me...”
 
The people parted as a man carried a bloodied woman on his back.
 
He knew that she was fighting with herself, fighting with what she had always done with her life for the past 6 years against herself who was compelled to do something to help. 
 
He saw & felt her fear, and he felt the anxiousness in his beating heart in harmony with hers.
 
She took a step toward the coming crowd then stopped as fear engulfed every cell in his body. She took 2 steps back as if a snake was in front of her that terrified her in to retreat. She breathes hard and deep, composing herself. she took 2 step forward again, but the gut wrenching fear seeped through her heart and mind, so she stopped again.
 
Finally the entourage of people carrying the wounded woman was upon them. the people hot on the heels of the injured were frantically calling & shouting for a doctor.
 
Her hand moved into their own accord towards the man carrying the woman, "Ahjusshi, I am a nurse, can I see her..?" she said with a voice that seemed even. but he knew differently. he knew how her heart was pounding like crazy, or how her mind was flying with every fear.
 
The man looked at her bewildered and eyes confused. The little girl ran to her and asked, "miss, please save my mommy, miss please don’t let her leave me.."
 
she looked at the little girl, a tiny tug on her heart at the yet familiar plea of the little girl from a memory long buried.
 
He saw her gently touch the bloodied woman’s hand as though checking for the pulse that wasn't present. She closed her eyes and he did the same.
 
He felt rushing warm air all around her, engulfing the woman and her. Then he heard her think, 'please don't let this little girl lose her mother..'
 
'Please... Let her live... please...'
 
'Please don’t let her be an orphan like me...'
 
He felt the warmness of her gentle spirit flow from her body to her hand and unto the injured woman. He smiled at her courage and her kindness.
 
When he opened his eyes, he felt the woman breathing little by little. His eyes went to the little girl who was crying nonstop as she hugged her now revived mother.
 
 
 
 
 
- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -
 
Luna
 
She sat in a maelstrom of agonizing thoughts by the fireplace in her home. She rocked her body back and forth looking at the embers of the fire. The warmth of the fire didn’t diminish the frighteningly cold draft she felt from her spine straight towards her gut.
 
she sat there embracing herself, her thoughts racing from yet another 'big mistake' she has made just a couple of hours ago near the church. She gripped her hands close together feeling the dark ominous signs of yesteryears memories.
 
'don’t worry Luna..' ,  she told herself  breathing heavily
 
'It’s in the past... The past is not going to happen again...’ she convinced herself
 
'You did the right thing...helping them' she whispered to herself and those words seem to nag a memory in her head of the little girl's mom advise to her young daughter about the facts pf life.
 
'Luna sweetheart... always remember that helping people is the right thing to do...' she closed her eyes to the all too familiar voice of her umma, 'no matter what, always be helpful, my little princess...' unshed tears stayed in her eyes.
 
"Bang"
 
"Bang"
 
"Bang"
 
a knock came to her door. And hearing the all too familiar unkind and scary knock made her heart dropped to her feet. Coldness spread all though her body and her mind froze.
 
She closed her eyes willing that all the knocking was just from her bad memory or an endless nightmare. she prayed that the knocking is not her present reality. she wished against all wishes that every little coldness, fear, anxiousness she was feeling was just a lie. but with the insistent knocking, her eyes flew open to face reality..
 
With great strength and determination she stood up. She walked toward the continuing banging knocks on the door with weak and breaking down legs.
 
She turned the door knob, opened the door and faced 2 men, "ahh, Miss are you hwang Luna...?"
 
She nodded her head, that simple movement was more painful than walking with a sprained ankle.
 
"Are you related to a certain ok taecyeon..? And how?" asked the same man with such unfeeling tone of voice
 
She nodded again & said in a croak with strained words,"I am his girlfriend", while still thinking, 'please don’t let this be... Please... please... not gain.. .’
 
"Miss we are sorry to inform you that there has been an accident...", the other man said with such clear clarity as spring water
 
She braced herself for the news that she knew for a fact and prayed that it wasn’t so 'please no... Please no.. .’
 
Then in the same even & cold voice, the same man said, "...he is dead...”
 
As she denied the news in her head, her anguished connected to and words spilled, "Please please No.."
 
The painful message echoed in her head, ' ...he is dead...'. The words meaning resounded in the confines of her head and whole being. She fell to her knees and her cried dominated the silence of her apartment.
 
Through the silence she felt her barely surviving world crumble to the ground again... it was happening another excruciating  time....
 
 
 
- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -
 
 
 
hyunjoong
 
He watched her as she sleep He saw as her brow formed a dark frown and big drops of swear cvered her forehead. Her body was contorting in restlessness as her nightmares followed her.
 
He heard incoherent nips and unrecognizable slips from her lips, 'mmMMmoMMmmY... Dddaddd... where are you mOommmm, Dad...?'
 
She trashed to the side and cried, 'Dad, where are you...'
 
'opp-- oppaaa, please..', He heard her agonizing voice & her heart breaking into a thousand pieces. He saw as her tears fell from her tightly closed eyes and her face was drawn in full of anguish while she slept.
 
He felt her agony & heart break like it was his own. he grasp his his chest directly in front of his heart willing his heart to stop beating for a minute to stop the pain in a just a moment.
 
he breath deep and as her pain filled all his being he prayed. he sighed at the silence of the surroundings. He knew that this pain -- excruciating, agonizing and unbearable as it may seem was yet was another obstacle in her path.
 
This was her Life, this was Luna's life. this was the way to her DEstiny..
 
He knew now she was miserable beyond belief. And He sat by her side for all the agony she experience he was strongly compelled to comfort her..
 
But he sat beside her silent and waiting. 
 
 
 
- * - * - * - * - * - * -  * - * - * - * - * - * -
 
 
 
Luna
 
"Yuri,yuri are you hurt..? does it hurt..." 
 
"Dad, yuri isn't opening her eyes..." screamed a little girl in green fairy gown as she shook another girl who's pink clothes was blood soaked due to a big wound on her head.
 
"Wait there Luna baby, I am calling the doctor.." said the older man to her daughter
 
the little girl cried at the pale & draining body of her best friend. She gently touched the little hand of her best friends & whispered, "yuri-ah please open your eyes, please don’t be hurt anymore.."
 
As she closed her eyes, whispering over and over again her greatest wish. She felt the twitching of the hands and the labored breathing of her lying and bloodied pink dressed friend....
 
 
 
- o - 0 - o -
 
 
 
"Luna baby" called the haggard looking man to a 8-years old little girl who was picking up flowers in the garden
 
"wait DAd, i am picking up flowers for yuri.. You promised that we will visit her in the hospital" the little excited girl called back
 
the haggard looking man dropped the phone to the seat and went to her daughter, "baby, we are not going to yuri today..?"
 
the little girl looked up at his father & asked, "WHY..?"
 
"we are going to your mother... we are going to say good bye to your mother.."
 
"WHY, she just came back.." asked the confused little girl
 
"we are going to say good bye forever.." the man said hugging his daughter in a tight embrace.
 
 
 
- o - 0 - o -
 
 
 
"opppaa-- dong hae oppa.." called the 15-year old uniformed girl that was slumped beside the body of a young man whose arms were pulseless.
 
"Donghae please don’t leave me.." she cried, as tears fell down her eyes she caressed the face of the closed eyes handsome young man, "Donghae came back to me... please come back.."
 
The young man's eyes twitched and a ragged and whispered incoherent words came from the young man which was herd by the crying young girl who continued calling, "Donghae, oh my God, you are back...".
 
- o - 0 - o -
 
 
 
*kring* *kring* *kring,* *click*
 
" Hello.." the young girl answered her phone as she was walking in the white hallway of st.Lukes hospital carrying change of clothes to her confined boyfriend named Donghae Kim.
 
"hello..? Are you hwang Luna...” asked the man from the other side of the phone
 
"yes.. why..? Who is this..?" the young girl asked as she stopped
 
"this is the police, can you please stop by at jamsil police station..?" asked the man in an even tone on the other side.
 
"why.." cold wind shoot through her heart
 
"We want you to identify the body of a man name hwang hyu jin"
 
the sound of the phone falling was heard from the people in the hallway, & all looked at the white face of the young girl as tears start to fall from her eyes with the mention of her father name...
 
'Dad...daddy...'
 
 
 
- o - 0 - o -
 
 
 
The little girl ran to her and asked, "miss, please save my mommy, please don’t let her leave me.."
 
she gentle touch the bloodied woman’s hand, she closed her eyes & cried in her head 'please don't let this little girl lose her mommy..'
 
'Please.. Let her live... please...'
 
'Please don’t let her be an orphan like me...'
 
 
 
- o - 0 - o -
 
 
 
"are you related to a certain ok taecyeon..? And how?" asked the same man
 
She nodded & said "i am his girlfriend"
 
"Miss we are sorry to inform you that there has been an accident...", the other man said
 
She was thinking 'please no.. please no..' as the same man said, "...he is dead