REVIEW from Versahtyle

Shadow of an Angel

 

 

 

 

R E V I E W

 


Review - reappraisal: a new appraisal or evaluation; an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)


 

 

Shadow of an Angel

 

Story URL: Shadow of an Angel
Author: czakhareina
Reviewer: purple_lily

 


Title: 5/5
Very eye-catching. It shows that there's a slight theme of fantasy to it.

- hahaha, the title was inspired by another fanfic from eirillina that i love.. i love her works...

Poster/Background: 10/10
Poster seems to match the 'shadow' part, but as for the background, I couldn't really tell what it was. At first glance you think 'wow, pretty poster. Reading it definitley!' Because of its look. But after reading it, I could see what you chose those pictures for the poster. A clock to represent the time, and a lake to represent something peaceful. HyunJoong looks angelic (as usual :P) and Taecyeon looks... neutral. As for the girl she seems to be turning away to something. Really creative and nicely made.

- Mary understood everything about the story since she requested it.. so all 10 perfect score is for her..!!! clap clap clap


Forewords: 10/10
It didn't mention any character's names, but its mentioned in the 'characters' area anyways. It sounded more like a poem than a forewords. But... a nice poem. Really bringing the reader to want to read it.

- as i have said before i am actually very proud of the foreword.. pat in the back for czak.. woot woot


Plot: 15/15
I really liked your plot. I don't see many fanfics having God and Angels. Good orininality. FULL POINTS FOR YOU!

-well for the plot, it was Mary's idea originally. I just added the angels part. actually I am very fascinated with the lore of angels. ever heard of the movie Gabriel. if none of you have google it. its a nice dark version of angel stories. .


Creativity/Originality: 15/15
Again, I don't see many fanfics that involve Angels and God... so, I'd say full points for the originality!!! Or about a girl with healing powers.

-have any of you watched SUpernatural Woot woot jensen ackles..!!! I was kinda of inspired by the concept of angels from their latest 2 seasons. anyway originally it was Mary's idea, then i merged it with the movie City of angels

 

Flow: 10/10

It was alright. Nothing going too fast, nothing too slow. Just right XD

- i think this is my fanfic which made me want to finish fast. since it was a request i feel obliged to end it. then since i already the ending, it was kinda easy to put story flowingin...


Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 6/10
Ah. Your punctuation wasn't that good. At the end of a sentence, you're supposed to capitalize it. Most of the time you used it as if it were a comma. Though, it might just be a typing error, I justhad to point it out. You're vocabulary is excellent, as were your similies.

[source = chp 2]

'he breathed hard and deep, composing herself' <-- I'm not entirely sure what you meant here. Was it HyunJoong or Luna? Because if it was Luna, it should've been, 'She breathed hard and deep, composing herself.' but, if it was HyunJoong, then, 'he breathed hard and deep, composing himself' -- do you see the difference? These kinds of minor errors could confuse the reader.

Also, you seemed to have put HyunJoong's POV / Luna's POV / Taecyeon's POV when it should've been side of the story instead of pov. pov is Point of view. That means that in theirwords, meaning first person. (eg: I). If you WERE to use POV, maybe just used 'narrator's POV' instead.

- hahahaha never thought of that before... i'll change that part

'the haggard looking man dropped the phone to the seat and went to her daughter, "baby, we are not going to yuri today..?"'

Instead it should've been:

'The haggard looking man dropped the phone onto the seat and went to his daughter, "baby, we aren't going to Yuri today..."' - no question mark unless its a question.

Most of your mistakes seem to be because of quick reading. If you took time to have re-read and checked that spellings and punctuation were correct, you could've escaped there errors.

-hahaha, you are right. i ussually just write whatever come to mind. and later when i try to edit it i always get sidetracted with adding another scene that most of the errors just escapes me. but i know its not enough of an excuse. I'll try to remedy it..


Characterization: 10/10
You put a mix of different characters together. And, instead of using 'you' or '_______/------' you used your own made-up character. Which I think is easier, because how is the author meant to know what 'you're' like? So, nice of making your own character. (I LOVE that you put HyunJoong XD) However, I wonder where Heechul went... Maybe he could've played an important part perhaps?

- almost all of the reviewer always ask about heechul's part in the story. i want to finally my thought in this issue. I wrote heechul after watching FO 2. originally the main girl was yoona, i felt inspired to write Heechul since he and yoona seem to bicker with each other. But then changed the girl from yoona to luna so he didnt get mentioned again. another thing I want the story to revolve around the angel, the miracle girl and the Boyfriend and I dont like him to be a focus in anyway in this. anyway i decided to just erase him and just call that character the 'Bully'... kekekeke

Writing Style: 8/10
I like it. There's enough dialogue and paragraphs are alright. But... after two lines you pressed 'enter'. It didn't seem like you finished the paragraph.

- i wanted to create the feel of drama but i guess it just ended up weird... i'll try to fix that.


Overall Enjoyment: 5/5
I loved every single part of this story! It was simply a nice plot, not a lot of things being changed from one to another. ^^

- thanks for liking my story ^____^

 

Sub-Total: 94/100



- this is my highest score.. woah.. i feel dizzy with happiness...

Extras: 5/5
HYUN JOONG WAS IN IT!!! :))))

-hahahaha when mary requested this. she just ask for a story with Yoona and taecyeon. but i said i will add hyunjoong as the 2nd male lead cause i cant seem to get anywhere when none of my fave boys are present (ss501). but when i was writing this i was actually thinking of hyunjoong as the main lead.. sorry mary... i just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE hyunjoong..!!!!



Total: 99/105

- with this extra points i think i can now go to the moon. i will finally meet Hyunjoong and we would orbit the earth together.

 
shop: Versahtyle