She's Not There (Part 2)

Tales After Dark 3 (Big Bang Edition)

Hi Everyone! Sorry that I haven't been able to update some of my stories and after I had graudated from university, I also started working an IT company and never get the time. After realising the what I was missing the most, I decided to update my horror anthology in some of the free time I have and also give my loyal readers what they're waiting for. So enjoy the second part and you all will be in a for surprising twist...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 10am in the morning after the unexpected accident that had become a nightmare for Seung Hyun who was sleeping on the floor in his room.

After he had the call from his 'wife', he became so frightened and thought he was going crazy hearing Yoobin's voice even though he has killed her and threw her dead body in a river. After that, he went running to his room and locked the door to calm himself to forget the spooky sighting and just became exhausted and closed his eyes to sleep....

KNOCK KNOCK!! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Seung Hyun woke up with a jolt, he saw himself on the floor and looked at the time realising that it was already daylight and let out a sigh of relief. He heard the knock on the door and went out of his room to go downstairs to open the door. He opened the door and saw two men dressed in suits waiting outside the mansion. They bowed and introduced themselves and showed their badges to Seunghyun.

"Hi....who are you guys?" Seung Hyun asked the two men.

"Good Morning, Sorry to disturb you Mr. Choi, I'm Detective Yang Seungho and this my partner, Detective Jung Byung Hee. Do you mind if we can come inside to talk?" Seungho replied.

"Yeah...come inside..." Seung Hyun stepped aside to let the detectives inside the mansion and shut the doors. He was pondering in his mind about their arrival while the detectives are observing the mansion around them. He directed them to the living room and seated them while he sat on the armchair beside them

"Mianhe...So how can I help you gentlemen?" Seung Hyun asked with a fake politeness while Detective Byung Hee had a grave look.

"Actually we're here to investigate the disappearance of your wife Choi Yoobin-sshi as well as asking you questions on what happened on the night before she left?" Byung Hee replied which alerted Seunghyun who kept composure.

"Mianhe but there must've been a mistake, my wife has left Korea to go visit her sister in the States and she's perfectly fine." Seung Hyun lied to the detectives who are still suspicious.

"Araso Seung Hyun-sshi, if that's the case then how come we received a call from someone saying that Yoobin-sshi has disappeared." Seungho interogated Seung Hyun who was slowly feeling flustered.

"Once we arrived, we saw a dead body on the bed where he comsumed rat poison, the body was identified as Lee Kwang Soo who also happens to be lawyer working for your wife." Byung Hee informed Seunghyun who was feeling cornered by this news.

"How can this be possible? How would you know if he's telling the truth?" Seung Hyun demanded while Seungho glared at him

"Because we found a suicidal note from Lee Kwang Soo-sshi, who knew your wife's whereabouts and strangely he mentioned you in the letter." Seungho confessed to Seung Hyun who is feeling nervous.

"Well honestly, I never liked him because he had always had a crush on Yoobin but she loved me and married me instead of him, and he would always tell lies about my infidelity ever since she was in a wheelchair." Seung Hyun lied and acted through distress like a victim.

"But why would he kill himself..?" Byung Hee interrogated further.

"Because he failed and he thought he could manipulate her since the wheelchair has made her vulnerable, we argued a lot and after when she realised that I was faithful to her, she confronted Kwang Soo and kicked him out of the mansion." Seung Hyun replied with another lie with the irony of portraying himself as the good guy even though he was the one comitting the sins under his wife's nose.

"Araso...we will take our leave now, we need to investigate this case further and as for now, you are the Person of Interest..." Seungho informed.

"And it also means you can't leave town or to another country until this case is solved. " Byung Hee added further insult to Seung Hyun who thought was saved from getting away with her murder.

He escorted them to the door and smiled at them with fake politeness before closing the door and shouting and cursing at his fate.

"Damn Kim Yong Goon for finding out! Damn Yoobin for dying! Damn Kwang Soo for comitting suicide!" Seung Hyun thought to himself. He had always been conning a lot of people but never had to resort in killing a person and then being involved in two deaths. He was wondering how he will come up with an alibi for Yoobin until he received a message from his girlfriend, Suzy.

"Annyeong Oppa! Are you busy right now coz I've just finished my classes for the term now and started my vacation, my friends are gone back home and I'm alone in Seoul. Call me =)" 

Seung Hyun smirked at Suzy's reply and knew she was was hinting of spending more time together. He replied to Suzy's text who was unaware of the sinister intentions of Seunghyun.

"How about I take you on a vacation of my choice, be ready in 10 minutes and I'll come to pick you up"

"Cool! I can't wait to see you Oppa! =D"

Even if he can't escape but at least he gets to have his way with his innocent girlfriend not knowing about his situation. But little did Seunghyun knew that an unknown presence was there watching him alone....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going Oppa? You've been so secretive ever since you picked me up from the dorm..." Suzy pouted while Seung Hyun was smirking at her curiousity before slowing down the car towards the gateway to the mansion.

"Well I'm taking you to a small getaway for us so that we can spend time together." Seung Hyun replied with a kiss on her cheek making her blush

The gates opened allowing the car to access and stopped his car outside near the fountain. He opened his car door and stepped out before walking to the other side to open the car door for Suzy like a gentleman and takes her hand in his.

"This is our getaway for the vacation...so welcome to my mansion!" Seung Hyun announced while Suzy was in awe of the mansion twinking with the sunset at the back of the mansion.

Seung Hyun took Suzy's luggage and pushed the doors open to enter while Suzy gasped at the grand interiors and rooms around her. She was looking the living room and sees a huge portrait of her boyfriend and a msyterious woman embraced lovingly with each other which made her feel doubtful.

"Oppa...who is the woman in the picture...?" Suzy asked Seung Hyun who had a look of pain on his face.

"It was my wife Yoobin, she passed away a few years ago from an illness...mianhe if it bothers you..." Seung Hyun lied while looking pitiful in front of Suzy who was oblivious.

"Anni Oppa....it's just you never mentioned to me about her, it must've been painful to lose her...." Suzy sympathised with Seung Hyun who was still feeding her lies.

"She wanted me to move on and find my own happiness with someone and after meeting you, I feel that I found that love in you." Seung Hyun replied to Suzy who was feeling emotional and put her arms around his waist while he embraced back. While he was revelling in his deceit, he opened his eyes and saw a figure walking away from the window which made him freeze in fear.

"Oppa! Gwenchana..?" Suzy shook Seung Hyun gently before snapping out of his trance.

"Yeah I'm fine...why don't I show you your room...?" Seung Hyun suggested while Suzy nodded and led her upstairs while he kept on looking out for the figure he saw earlier. He opened the door and led her inside a cream coloured bedroom with a double bed, bathroom, dressing table, and a closet for her to unpack her clothes and toilerties.

"I'll see if I can dinner ready for you, call me if you need anything...?" Seung Hyun kissed Suzy on the cheek and left the room. He was going into his room and was trying to lock the windows until....

"AAARRRGGH!" He heard a a scream coming from Suzy's room and went running out his room, he opened the door and saw Suzy huddled on the bed in fear. He went towards and she hugged him in fright.

"What happened Suzy-ah..?! What did you see..?" Seung Hyun asked Suzy who saw the closet door slightly open and pointed directly towards it

"T-There was a dead woman i-in the closet....s-she had that scary s-smile on her face..." Suzy confessed what she saw which also put Seung Hyun in a fright realising who she was referring to. He went towards the closet and opened the door slowly and saw there was nothing in there.

"Look Suzy...there's nothing there and maybe you msut've been imagining..." Seung Hyun tried to console her but Suzy shook her head in silent disbelief. She was going to reply back until she heard a sound from downstairs where a piano started playing which put them in a fright...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seung Hyun realised that the one responsible for the fightening is Yoobin and is haunting Suzy who is in the mansion. Before he was going to to say anything, Suzy started rushing downstairs to check who was playing the piano.

"Don't go Suzy!" Seung Hyun shouted in fear knowing that there was someone downstairs and was trying to follow her downstairs until she heard her scream.

"AAARRRGGH!" He was trying to rush downstairs and entered the living room where the windows were open and Suzy lying on the floor with a cut on her heard and standing over her was the living corpse of Yoobin who was standing in front of him in her white dress stained with her blood and mud while her face was covered with the cuts and a gash on her head.

"What's the matter Jagiya..? Not happy to see me..?" Yoobin mocked at Seung Hyun who was getting frightened seeing her alive as an undead.

"W-what do you want..?! You can't be alive....you were dead..!" Seung Hyun shouted at her in fright while Yoobin was laughing at him.

"I told you I would come back Seung Hyun-ah....and now you're gonna pay for what you did!" Yoobin screamed at Seung Hyun and grabbed his shirt.

"NOOOOOO!" Seung Hyun shook off Yoobin and tried to run outside but the door was locked and realised he was trapped and sees Yoobin appraoching him with a knife.

"What do you want from me...? You took away Suzy from me...." Seung Hyun started to beg for his life in front of Yoobin.

"Everything that you did....everyone that you've hurt and killed....Confess everything!" Yoobin shouted at Seung Hyun who was shaking in fear.

"Yes I confess! I killed your father Yoobin! I deceived you and killed you! I drove Kwang Soo to suicide! Because all I wanted was money and power and be the richest man in the world and after everything I planned, I couldn't let anyone take that away from me..." Seung Hyun confessed every destructive and evil sins that he had done.

"That's all I needed to know..." Yoobin uttered confusing Seung Hyun who sees the lights being and the two detectives earlier approaching him with guns pointed and handcuffed him behind.

"Choi Seung Hyun, you're under arrest for the murder of Kim Young Goon and attempted murder for Kim Yoobin." Detective Seungho announced to a shocked Seunghyun.

"You're also charged with fraud, money laundering and extortion against Kim Yoobin and Lee Kwang Soo." Byung Hee commanded and pulled Seung Hyun on his feet and saw his wife standing while nodding to the detectives which put him in a confusion.

Yoobin was removing the dead latex mask off her face and the fake wig and showed her clear face in front of him. Then a familiar figure walked towards Yoobin and it turned out to be Kwang Soo while on her right side was his  own girlfriend, Suzy...alive and glaring at him.

"You're alive...?! What the hell is going on here...?!" Seung Hyun demanded to know how his wife was alive and walking properly and his girlfriend standing next to her without a harm.

"It was all a long drama to punish you for the sins you committted on our Appa, me and everyone else...and it all started after finding out about his death....

"A week after his death, I received a DVD from the CCTV footage from the house. When I saw the footage of you and Appa arguing because he found out about your true intentions but I was even shocked that you killed him to keep him from revealing your secret. I realised that you were evil and dangerous and I might end up dead like my dad if you knew. So then with the help of Kwang Soo, I pretended to get into an accident and made everyone think that I was disabled so that I can be safe from harm and keep an eye on your every move..." Yoobin confessed while Kwang Soo narated his part of the planning.

"After that, Miss Kim told me to follow you in the places you go and took photos of every thing you were doing and while discussing with Miss Kim, she decided to honeytrap you and called in for someone to be the perfect bait to ruin all of your plans. That's where her young sister came in and told her everything that had happened and agreed to work with her on her plan of revenge to trap you. So she went from Kim Suji to the innocent Bae Suzy..." Kwang Soo confessed to a shocked Seung Hyun while Suzy narrated her part of the planning.

"I enrolled in Seoul University as Bae Suzy and saw you standing outside the coffee shop talking to someone on the phone. I approached and pretended to drop by bag after bumping into you and played the innocent new girl from the States, you were so blinded by lust that you started to follow me around and I led you believe that I was in love with you and being the loving and faithful girlfiend. Unnie was worried that I would fall in danger of get hurt from you and decided to stage a fake intervention that turned into murderous night..." Suzy confessed while Yoobin resumed the full-proof plan.

"After that, I called Suzy to meet up with you and went through the plan of cornering you with the divorce and papers whie Suzy hired someone to take photos of both of you together to fool you and then reveal the incriminating video of Appa's death. It all worked and finally you had that murderous rage that would put me in danger. While you chasing me from the stairs, I pushed the wheelchair down the stairs, put the fake injuries on my face with stickers and poured fake blood to look like my head split open before lying down like a corpse. After that, you came running downstairs so scared and horrified that you killed me..." Yoobin confessed the fake death scene and Kwang Soo continued.

"Then I came in the house pretending to be unaware of the murder and also pretended to feel horrified to trick you but then when you decided to dump the dead body and while you were washing your hands, I switched the body with a dummy while Miss Kim was hiding at the back seat. After you had went back home, I set up the ghostly piano scene with the strings attached to the keys and then you received a phone call from Miss Kim who you presumed to be dead and you ran upstairs like a scaredy cat..." Kwang Soo mocked at Seung Hyun while Suzy delivered the final nail on the coffin.

"Me, Unni and Kwang Soo-Oppa confessed to the detectives and told him our plan and they agreed to help us catch you the act and arrest you and we needed more proof to prove our facts. I sent a message for you take me to the mansion and you were so willing to play the host. When you were showing me the room, I sent a message to Unni and Kwang Soo Oppa to finally put an end to the cat and mouse game and played the terrfied victim and played dead while Unni frightened you to the extent that you confessed everything..." Suzy confessed the whole game while squeezing Yoobin's hand in gratitude. 

"Take this criminal away from this house!" Yoobin angrily spoke and the detectives escorted Seunghyun out of the house while the police sirens were echoing from outside. Yoobin hugged Suzy out of concern while thanking Kwang Soo who stepped outside to leave the sisters alone to have their moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the whole news about Seung Hyun's double life as a criminal and murderer was revealed, the public had sympathised with Yoobin and Suzy and the Court sentenced him to a Mental Asylum after he had lost his insanity from losing everything. While the sisters had spent time together as family and always visited their and mother's and father's grave every year on their birthdays, Yoobin went back to her role as the accomplished pianist and selling out concerts while Suzy accomplished herself a ballet performer.

End of The First Story

22nd October 2015