Training

The Immortals

It was a cool day in October for IHS, students were wandering about, chatting and having fun while discussing their upcoming assignments. However, the main topic of the students were the top ten, as always. The top ten are the ten students who have certain powers that are unfathomable for the rest of the student body, they are the most popular students in school, for they're beautiful and smart, pretty much the perfect being. Today, we shall see the story in the POV of the current 2nd place, Seohyun.

*Seohyun's POV*

"Aaaah~" I yawned as I woke up for school. School is such a bland place, I mean it's interesting and all but there's nothing really special, just studying and training. "Whatever.." I mumbled. I applied my makeup and put on some clothes for school. I teleported to the entrance of the school as the students stared at me wide eyed since most students can't even get close to teleporting, only the elites can. I was first to come so I waited for the nine others to teleport in front of me as I sat at a bench, reading about spells that I haven't learned yet. I was focusing too much on my book that I didn't notice someone about to flick my forehead until the last second. At the speed of light I grabbed the hand and threw it to the side, about to attack the person, but-

"Dang Seo, calm down..~" Hoya whispered.

"S-shut up! You shouldn't have done that...!" I stuttered as I turned red. If Hoya was a normal student, my strength could have broken his hand just now, but he's perfectly fine since he has more strength than the average immortal. I teleported into class since I was pretty pissed with Hoya at the moment and just lay my head on the desk, waiting for class to start.

"Unnie~! Come on, don't be so upset. He just wanted to surprise you." IU said. 

"I know, but he knows I hate surprises.. What if I actually went all out on him back there?" I replied.

"Well, I doubt you would kill him, I mean he's still one of the ten." IU said flatly.

"... Ok fine, I was just nervous.."

"Mhmmmm~" IU grinned. She took her seat as the other students slowly teleported in and took their seats for the elite class. This class was designed specifically for the elites of the school, or the top ten. Ordinary students wouldn't have much of a chance here.

"Ok class! We'll be having combat training, five of you pick a name out of this hat, only the names of the five who don't draw will be in the hat." the teacher said. You may be wondering what would happen if 1st place and tenth place fought, well there isn't much of a difference in our power levels, the ranking was based on a game of rock paper scissors (haha xD). I drew out a name and got Hoya. I smirked and looked at him.

"Something wrong Seo?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing at all~" I grinned. He just looked at me with a confused expression and turned around to talk to Seungho. The pairings were IU and Jiyeon, Hoya and I, Hyuna and Seungho, Yoona and Wooyoung, and Myungsoo and Doojoon. Hoya looked at me wide eyed as I smirked and mouthed, "revenge."

"Ok first up, Hoya and Seohyun." the teacher said. As soon as Seohyun left , Hoya dashed at me with incredible speed, I managed to block the kick, grab his leg and throw him to the ground. I dashed over and was about to throw an ice spear at him (My powers are Ice and Water, main weapons are knives.) when a pillar of flames erupted, melting my spear.

"YAH! No fair" I whined.

"Not my fault my power diffuses yours." He shrugged. Hoya, element of fire and magma, main weapons are two guns. We continued sparring and I decided to finish it.

"Let's end it Hoya." I teleported behind him, froze his feet, and proceeded to freeze his entire body using charmed ice. Charmed ice is a special ability I have that makes it five times harder for normal flames to melt, but the catch is that it uses a lot of my energy. I was at his waist when the ice started.. Melting? "You.. can melt my ice?" I asked wide eyed.

"Enchanted Fire, my specialty." He smirked. I should've known, he was an elite after all. I didn't have time to move as he aimed his guns at me.

"Come on, shoot and win. I won't die anyways." I said. I might have to lay down for a bit, but that's it since my cells can rapidly regenerate. He shot and missed. Wait, he missed?! "Why did you-" He came and embraced me as he whispered something to me that made me blush. I stood there, frozen for what seemed like hours when it was only a minute. When I regained my senses I pushed him back and ran, I didn't really know what to do, so I just ran and hoped he wouldn't come for me. I really needed to sort out all these feelings, love, confusion, regret, and more love. Hoya came minutes later and started to talk to me.

"Seo, you don't have to respond to my um, indirect confession now, just know that I will wait for you." He smiled as he turned and left. I had feelings for Hoya, but there were thoughts in the back of my head like, what if I lose feelings for him and ruin our friendship? See, we were friends since childhood so if our potential relationship ends with breakup our friendship could be ruined, and I didn't want that. 

"URGH!" I screamed and just sat at the bench of the school's private park. But no matter how much I tried to erase the memory, I couldn't erase those words he whispered to me.

"Even if you don't die, I can't bear to shoot the woman I love."