Stage Four: Depression

Stages of Reality

    Siren of the ambulance wailed as it speedily passed through cars in the road. The medics inside the ambulance tried their best to revive her. Her parents were also inside the ambulance and they never let go of her hands. Both of them praying so hard that she will live.

    She felt light. She felt like she was floating. She saw a spot of light at a distance. She walked towards it and she can feel warmth radiating from the light. She does not feel any pain at all. She knew what happened to her.

    After missing the chance to see him, she felt that there is no more reason to live. She locked herself in her room and did not talk to anybody even her parents. Friends came and tried to persuade her to come out but she did not listen. She continued to be this way for days. Her parents were so worried that they tried everything. But nothing happened. They tried to break the door but she warned them that she'll hurt herself if they'll do it. Afraid of what she's gonna do. They did not do anything.

    She never stopped crying and she felt that she was going crazy. Her computer was always on. She tried to search any news about him. She found out that a group called Exo was debuting. She saw the teasers of the group and saw him. Regardless of what she's feeling that time, she felt really really happy. But at the same time, she felt sad.

    Now that he is going to be an idol, he'll be very busy with his new life. He'll be meeting a lot of people. He'll have no time to visit. Maybe he'll even forget about her. Maybe he'll find someone the same as him and be a happy couple. The fans will like that. Who will like a simple and unattractive girl like me to be with their idol?

    She does not want to cry. But thinking that he does not remember her anymore hurt her. The worst, him not loving her anymore, made her burst into crying. She hugged her pillow really tight imagining that it was him beside her and hugging her back.

    She started to think back on their memories together. How they were so happy together. She reminisced their plans in the future. Getting married. Having two kids. Living happily. Getting old together. And dying happy and peacefully.

    She cried more and she can't stop. She's letting it all out. She's totally giving up. She felt tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of waiting. Tired of hoping. Tired of living.

    She stood up from bed and checked the time. It was still 8 in the evening. Even the time moved so slowly. She took the photo placed in the top of the dresser and went out of her room. She walked slowly but with no intention of sneaking. She felt really sluggish. She walked directly to the exit door. She passed through her parents sitting in the living room without noticing.

    She continued walking. She felt like she was in a trance. She did not hear her parents calling out to her. It did not felt real. She walked out of the door and opened the gate.

    She can't think straight anymore. She does not want to think. Tears blurred her vision but she continued walking. She went directly in the middle of the road then suddenly stopped. Her parents called her name and she turned to face them. She heard someone honk a horn. She turned towards the sound and was met by a bright light. She didn't know what happened next. All she remembered was a flashing light, a strong pressure hitting her and the scream of her mother. After that, all went black.


    Now she was getting near the light. The warmth coming from it comforting her. She does not feel afraid but she felt relaxed and comforted. She continued walking towards the light. It was blinding her but she continued. She felt arms wrap around her body and pulled her into an embrace. Everything went dark.