When You Missed Him But He Was Overseas

i love you, dot. ▎a jang dongwoo scenario collection

Dongwoo was overseas with Infinite. Infinite had to attend an event in another country. You missed him terribly, so you texted him.

‘What are you doing?’

The reply came a few minutes later.

‘The stylist noona is styling my hair right now. Why? ㅎㅎㅎ’

‘Do your best at the performance and come back soon, okay?’

‘Why? ㅎㅎㅎ Do you miss me? ㅎㅎ’

‘Yes.’

‘Tsk, tsk. Okay then. Video chat tonight?’

Your face lit up like a Christmas tree at the suggestion.

‘Sure.’

--

Both of you decided to meet at seven in the evening. You bit your lip impatiently as you waited for Dongwoo’s face to appear, staring at the empty hotel room. A few minutes later, a face appeared. But it wasn’t Dongwoo’s.

“Oh? Hello!” Sungjong smiled brightly and waved. You laughed. “Hi. Where’s Dongwoo oppa?” You asked. Sungjong looked around. “Ah, I think he’s still shower- Oh, look! There he is!” Sungjong exclaimed. You could see Dongwoo’s figure behind Sungjong. He was dressed in a simple t-shirt and boxers, towel draped around his neck. “Sorry, I’m late. Sungjong-ah, shoo. Go away. Don’t disturb us.” Dongwoo pushed Sungjong away. You couldn’t see Sungjong’s face anymore, but you heard him complaining in the background as his voice faded away. You laughed and Dongwoo chuckled. “Sorry, did you wait for a long time?” Dongwoo asked, sitting on the bed. “No, it’s all right. Yah, dry your hair properly, you’ll get sick.” You gently chided. Dongwoo chuckled. This was one of the reasons Dongwoo loved you. Wherever and whenever, you were always caring and you always paid attention to details about him.  “Okay, okay.” He said as he dried his hair with his towel. “Did you eat dinner already?” You asked. Dongwoo nodded as he set the towel aside. “Yes, I ate earlier, with the members at the hotel’s restaurant.” He explained. “You?”

You shook your head. “You should eat now, then.” He said. You shrugged. “Maybe later.” Dongwoo smiled, “Eat whenever you want, just don’t eat dinner after ten, okay? It’s bad for your health.” You rolled your eyes. “Psh. You always have midnight snacks.” You pointed out. “Yeah, but those are snacks.” Dongwoo  responded, smirking. “Okay, okay. Doctor Jang.” You chuckled.

“Are you-“ Dongwoo didn’t get to finish his sentence because suddenly the door to his room burst open and Woohyun and Sungyeol came running towards him. Woohyun sat beside Dongwoo and grinned at you, “Hi!” Sungyeol tackled Dongwoo. They disappeared from your view and only Woohyun stayed in front of the camera. You could hear the loud ‘thud’ as they fell off the bed. You laughed.

“Sungyeol! Get off me!”

“Hahahaha!”

Woohyun eyed them and rolled his eyes. “Immature kids.”

You heard Dongwoo’s voice, “Yah!”

Dongwoo came back into your view with a messy hair and wrinkled t-shirt. “There goes my hope having a peaceful conversation with you.” He straightened his shirt. Woohyun and Sungyeol laughed as they ran out of his room. “Bye!” They waved just before they slammed the door shut.

“Sorry about that.”

You chuckled. “No, it’s all right.”

“I was hoping we could have a peaceful, romantic chat and then they came.” He chuckled, now fixing his messy hair.

“Dongwoo oppa, I think you should sleep now, you have to wake up early tomorrow and you barely have any time to sleep. I’m sorry for making you lose your sleep time.” You apologized. Ever since the Infinite H promotions started, his dark circles worsened.

“No, it’s okay, I want to.” But as he said that, he yawned. He smiled sheepishly at you.

“See?” You chuckled. “I know you’re tired. Besides, you’re coming back to Korea tomorrow right?”

He nodded.

“Good night oppa.”

“Night.”

Just as he was about to go offline, you stopped him. “Wait! Oppa?”

“Hm?” He stared at you.

“Eat a lot and gain weight, okay? You look so skinny nowadays, I’m worried.” You frowned. Dongwoo chuckled and nodded, smiling. “Don’t worry. I’ll eat a lot. But don’t complain if later you see me with chubby cheeks.” He grinned. You laughed. “I won’t. Night oppa.”

“Night, sweet dreams.” He gazed softly at you before the screen turned black.

 

by deerest